News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

hobbits??

Previous topic - Next topic

cainam_nazier

Hobbits or Halflings.  They started out as a mix between humans and dwarfs I believe.  However with the multitude of such unions the hobbits basically became thier own race with groups of them banding together originally and evetually breeding.

no_leaf_clover

halflings 'evolved' (i guess that's the term) from a preceeding race of which gollum belonged to before his mutation from the ring.. where that race came from, i don't remember reading, but it's probably there somewhere. i have the silmarillion, and it goes all the way back to the beginning of time in tolkien's lands. i would say it would make sense for the dwarves, humans, hobbit-preceeders and elves to have evolved from the same bi-pedal creature, but i don't even know if the theory of evolution was accepted around the time period of this book series' release [:)] from what i've read of the beginning of time, there was something like musical notes or something, that created everything.. i dunno.. i got sort of bored with tolkien's mythology after i finished the lotr trilogy and read the appendices. greek mythology.. now those are some hearty tales [;)] your father ate all your older brothers and sisters. you were smuggled out of his reach at birth, and now you have to face him, to give your innocent siblings a chance to live. you have to face beings that are greater than the gods themselves, and eventually kill your own father.. almost like star wars o.O..
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Athios

quote:
Originally posted by no_leaf_clover

greek mythology.. now those are some hearty tales [;)] your father ate all your older brothers and sisters. you were smuggled out of his reach at birth, and now you have to face him, to give your innocent siblings a chance to live. you have to face beings that are greater than the gods themselves, and eventually kill your own father.. almost like star wars o.O..

Hahahahah!!! That's sooooo funny....  [8D]

As for hobbits, well, I don't remember much. You can try looking for info about in the preface or appendices of LotR or The Hobbit. I'm sure you can find digital versions of the books somewhere on the internet...

Rob

quote:
Originally posted by cainam_nazier

Hobbits or Halflings.  They started out as a mix between humans and dwarfs I believe.  However with the multitude of such unions the hobbits basically became thier own race with groups of them banding together originally and evetually breeding.

Honestly, who would want to go to bed with a dwarf???!!

I like the idea of tones creating all the different creatures. Very mystical! Tolkien knew his stuff.
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

goingslow

Thanks no leaf and cainam_n.. I always wondered what they were.  Especially with those big feet.

goingslow

I figured someone on this forum might know the answer to this question.  Hobbits are what?  I take it they're half human.. whats the other half?

Thanks people.  It just started bothering me.. watching the movie and not knowing.  I should have read the book [8)]