News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

How long do your OOBEs last?

Previous topic - Next topic

dpk38

All of my experiences (which are not many in number btw) have only lasted for less than a minute, and I have not been able to sustain them any longer as I tend to return to my physical body. I am getting curious as to whether it is possible to train myself over time and make them hold for a longer time.

I'd like to know how long your OOBE experiences last. Is it possible to stay non-physical through the entire night? If they aren't at least and hour long, it wouldn't really be possible to explore other dimensions in depth, if I'm not wrong.

Thanks.
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

Xanth

I've used a couple technique in order to extend my projections.

The best one I use is the technique found on this page of my website.
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/09/26/phasing-method-dont-open-your-eyes-when-you-wake/

Basically it's about waking up from a projection where you FEEL yourself waking up, but can't stop it from happening. 
It's about keeping your eyes closed and your body perfectly still as you wake up.

The other is about what you can do WHILE you're still projecting.
If you can bring ALL of your 5 senses into the projection you're currently in, you can extend the duration and abort the "waking up" part.
For example, if you're feeling that you're about to wake up... try to engage as many of your senses in the scene as you can.  Listen intently to the sounds around you, feel the ground or a tree with your hand, and actually FEEL the physicality of the experience.  Bring ALL of your senses to bear upon the experience itself.  Doing so aborts the waking up process and keeps you in the projection experience.  :)

EscapeVelocity

It takes time, patience and more experiences. Trying various ways to ground yourself into the environment as Xanth suggested, can help a lot. A little more Intent on staying alert and aware. Making sure your energy is at a pretty high level beforehandby doing some energy-work, not depleting it by alcohol or a recent heavy meal.

If you get the definite sense that your experiences are somehow getting short-circuited or ending prematurely, then the reason may be that you are missing or ignoring or resisting the Intent of the experience. Early on we get to play around and do pretty much anything we want, but that fairly soon comes to an end and the lessons begin. If you refuse or ignore the lesson and insist on doing something else, often the experience will be ended with you wondering why? This can be an incredibly subtle thing to realize all on your own; but just for example, if an experience begins with you by a lake and an Indian man invites you to swim across the lake With him...and you say no, I think I will go flying or investigate this butterfly instead, the experience may end suddenly because you ignored the lesson being offered to you.

So try to notice the theme of what the next experience is trying to show you; it probably won't be anything as exciting as you want, but this is where you have to start. Go wth the flow of whatever the situation presents and if you can do that, the experience should last longer.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lumaza

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on July 15, 2020, 23:21:26
It takes time, patience and more experiences. Trying various ways to ground yourself into the environment as Xanth suggested, can help a lot. A little more Intent on staying alert and aware. Making sure your energy is at a pretty high level beforehandby doing some energy-work, not depleting it by alcohol or a recent heavy meal.

If you get the definite sense that your experiences are somehow getting short-circuited or ending prematurely, then the reason may be that you are missing or ignoring or resisting the Intent of the experience. Early on we get to play around and do pretty much anything we want, but that fairly soon comes to an end and the lessons begin. If you refuse or ignore the lesson and insist on doing something else, often the experience will be ended with you wondering why? This can be an incredibly subtle thing to realize all on your own; but just for example, if an experience begins with you by a lake and an Indian man invites you to swim across the lake With him...and you say no, I think I will go flying or investigate this butterfly instead, the experience may end suddenly because you ignored the lesson being offered to you.

So try to notice the theme of what the next experience is trying to show you; it probably won't be anything as exciting as you want, but this is where you have to start. Go wth the flow of whatever the situation presents and if you can do that, the experience should last longer.
I just wanted to say "what a fantastic reply EV!  :-)" I agree 100%. If you find yourself consciously aware in the NPR, no matter where in the NPR that is, there is a reason for it. Otherwise you wouldn't have found yourself there. It doesn't matter how you got there LD, OBE, Phase session, etc., there is always a reason for it. Go with that flow. Sometimes the reason is so simple as you just becoming consciously aware, period. That in itself is a teaching moment!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

dpk38

Thank you for all of your replies, they make complete sense.
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

GrumpyRabbit