News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

How many days of your life have been realy happy?

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan McDougall

What s true happiness and how many days of your life have been trully happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings forum,

I often thought about happiness and how it relates to me and my fellow humans.

A philosopher once said he could recall days of peace and contentment in his life, but days of real true happiness were so few that they had faded into the mist of time. He felt that they could be counted on the finger of one hand.

And he considered himself a fortunate even blessed person, spared of the horrors some people have had to endure.

This brought me strangely to think of those poor souls who survived the NAZI death camps. These people say the moment of being set free by the wonderful allied troops the happiness and joy were inexplicable, like leaving hell into paradise. Hope came back and with it intense happiness, love, peace and joy.

A definition of happiness that I like very much is

Happiness is what you feel when what you want to happen happens

But my real purpose for starting this thread is. Think deeply and estimate how many really true days of happiness you have experienced thus far in your life time.

As for me, I have had many days of contentment and peace but how many could be considered really happy I will still have to think about. But they were few

Take care

Alan

Alan
Take Care

Alan

Stookie

Some of my happiest days have been during a week that followed a HORRIBLE one. Sometimes you need the bad to bring out the good.

I'd say, maybe 5-8% of my days (I'm 30 now) have been happy. When I think of my truly happy days, it's mostly:

1) Falling in love, being in a new relationship
2) Vacation - the best being in other countries. I'll be happy 95% of the trip.
3) Accomplishing a huge task, like building a house. In this case, lots of work and pain and stress to get to happy.
4) And sometimes I just have a super fun night on the town with friends.

Like you said though, lot's of contentment days, which I'm, well, content with. But sometimes you just have to get down and funky and enjoy life!  Seek it out if need be.

PeacefulWarrior

My happiest moments are when I see through the illusion and realize that I can be in total and utter control of it ALL.  The difficult, however, is that when the glimpse is gone, I am back residing within the innumerable egos that tell me (just like they tell you), "You're not happy until you get_____," or "That person should not have done_________."  But, not to worry, we are here to overcome and overcome we must.

I am also the happiest when I realize everything that God has given me, namely a wonderful spouse and beautiful children whom I am to teach and guide so they can begin the work of awakening their true, inner selves.
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

relV

Quote from: PeacefulWarrior on September 26, 2008, 16:42:35
My happiest moments are when I see through the illusion and realize that I can be in total and utter control of it ALL.  The difficult, however, is that when the glimpse is gone, I am back residing within the innumerable egos that tell me (just like they tell you), "You're not happy until you get_____," or "That person should not have done_________."  But, not to worry, we are here to overcome and overcome we must.

I am also the happiest when I realize everything that God has given me, namely a wonderful spouse and beautiful children whom I am to teach and guide so they can begin the work of awakening their true, inner selves.

I have to say I feel very much the same as PeacefulWarrior here says.
The days when I feel enlightened, when I see beyond the physical illusion of time and space, that's when I feel most happy, in those moments I realize this is all a game, a very restricted part of my life, those days tend to be very productive and I often feel like I have advanced when they are over, besides that, the more precise my day is, the better I communicate and the happier I feel.

Some days are just very happy because they include a very strong experience such as the Paul Mcartney concert I've been to a few days ago which was very touching to me,
just flowing on some musical instruments with some friends, or sometimes just experiencing a true moment of piece on the beach.
Of course, when I am in love, I am bursting with energy throughout the day always, as love is the most powerful frequency in the universe.
Cheers
Ariel
Best Wishes
Ariel
Overcome the physical illusion
Be one with the universe.

relV

sorry to reply again here
remembered something quite important.
Not all days are happy / non happy.
I specifically remember one day not long ago, when I was driving in the morning and I felt so alive, so beyond the physical, I was very much aware of my powers and I cried out of happiness during almost the entire drive (30 minutes), although when I got to the base (I was a soldier at that time), I was shaken completely and it became one of my most horrible experiences.
Just wanted to mention it
Ariel
Best Wishes
Ariel

Alan McDougall

relV

Nice to speak with you,

QuoteI specifically remember one day not long ago, when I was driving in the morning and I felt so alive, so beyond the physical, I was very much aware of my powers and I cried out of happiness during almost the entire drive (30 minutes), although when I got to the base (I was a soldier at that time), I was shaken completely and it became one of my most horrible experiences.
Just wanted to mention it

I am a little puzzled why did this sublime happiness change into a horrible experience?

Many people say that when they are in love they are happy, but remembering all those long years ago when I fell in love with a beautiful girl , who is now my wife of many years

Love wonderful but also full of conflicting emotions, such as complete obsession , and fear , and jealousy even when there is no reason to be jealous
Take Care

Alan

relV

You are right, love can be harsh.
I believe it is a matter of where you will take your love.
I personally don't feel jealous, obsessed and frightened although I can recall a few situations in the past when I did. I was less aware at those times and although jealousy and fears were never really a part of my system (relating to love), I was very much obsessed at some points, it was very unpleasant of course but along my path I found my ways of dealing with it and now I don't find myself in those situations anymore.
At all times, when I was deeply in love, regardless of what it was accompanied by, I was always feeling an amazing rush of energy going through me at all times which caused me to feel more alive, which I believe is in direct contact with happiness. Id rather feel strong negative emotions than not feeling anything, thats what makes me really feel dead. Lately, I became more in touch with myself, started to practice meditation, and from that time, I am always feeling positive emotions, experiencing a calm and peaceful life, feeling always very much alive.

About your question regarding to the amazing ---> horrible day.
The Israeli Defense Forces is a horrible organization, causing thousands of young people in my country to suffer daily and puts them into a very harsh negative vortex which for most of them, is very difficult to overcome.
It is the law here that every citizen of this country to serve the army for a few years (3 for males, 2 for females), and also afterwards, once a year until the age of 50!
During the 3 years, you get paid about 150$, depending on what it is you do.
This military system is very complexed and non human, causing a lot of people major problems and misery and because of our society, most people believe they deserve to go through it.
This system is hard dealing with, and when you get to your base, there is a complete shift in your consciousness, at least for me. I immediately feel fear and anxiety as the rules are harsh and you can be sent away from your home for many days or weeks if you get caught with a loose pocket, shirt outside your pants, hair not cut properly etc, all depending on the circumstances, warriors have an unbelievable reality to deal with every day where in a single most inevitable mistake could be transmuted into a most horrific punishment. I have many friends who for many reasons visited the military prison which is a very unpleasant experience.
I won't bore you with more details about the IDF experience, let me assure you, it is traumatizing for many individuals.
Nonetheless, there was a great lesson for me there and I did learn it.
On that specific day, the great contrast between the moments I experienced prior to entering the base and the ones afterwards was the reason for this major mood swing.
Hope I didn't bore u about the army
Yours
Ariel
Best Wishes
Ariel

Alan McDougall

rev1

Thank you for responding my mother was Jewish Her maiden name was Siderasky.

I know exactly what you mean to unlisted into an army, subject to nonsensical discipline and treated as an inferior or a child when you are an adult.

It makes is much worse if have are forced fight for a cause you do not believe in and kill other young men who might have been your friends in the process

We whites under the South African appalling aparthied philosophy an evil system , were forced to serve and and fight for a cause for a immoral evil racial cause not so different to NAZI German

Believe it or not the Apartheid belief of separation was supposed to be based on the Bible such as God separating the twelve tribes of Israel . But this is idiotic nonsense. It was really based on the color of your skin

The English whites like me hated this intensely and thank God we now live under a democracy be it some what still young, where all people are considered equal under the law.
Take Care

Alan

relV

Nice talking with you Alan.
May god bless us all as he always does. May peace rule the world as it should.
Today is our new years eve, so id like to wish you and everyone a blessed, wonderful, expanding, insightful, happy year.

Best Wishes
Ariel

Alan McDougall

reV1

Thank you and my YAHWEH watch over us and Israel , South Africa and the whole world

I don't know if I mentioned it my mother was Jewish (she has passed over) Her mainden name was Siderasksy and she came from the Polish Ukraine border area . If we had been living in Germany or Polend at the time of the second world war , as I am half Jewish and so are my four siblings we would have  all died in Hitlers death camps

A sweet new year to you are may you keep any resolution you make for the next year

May peace come to the beautiful area of the Holy Land
Take Care

Alan

Alan McDougall

rev!

How is my translation, can you read this??

1 בְּרֵאשִׁית בָּרָא אֱלֹהִים אֵת הַשָּׁמַיִם וְאֵת הָאָרֶץ׃ 2 וְהָאָרֶץ הָיְתָה תֹהוּ וָבֹהוּ וְחֹשֶׁךְ עַל־פְּנֵי תְהֹום וְרוּחַ אֱלֹהִים מְרַחֶפֶת עַל־פְּנֵי הַמָּיִם׃ 3 וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים יְהִי אֹור וַיְהִי־אֹור׃ 4 וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים אֶת־הָאֹור כִּי־טֹוב וַיַּבְדֵּל אֱלֹהִים בֵּין הָאֹור וּבֵין הַחֹשֶׁךְ׃ 5 וַיִּקְרָא אֱלֹהִים לָאֹור יֹום וְלַחֹשֶׁךְ קָרָא לָיְלָה וַיְהִי־עֶרֶב וַיְהִי־בֹקֶר יֹום אֶחָד׃ ף
6 וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים יְהִי רָקִיעַ בְּתֹוךְ הַמָּיִם וִיהִי מַבְדִּיל בֵּין מַיִם לָמָיִם׃ 7 וַיַּעַשׂ אֱלֹהִים אֶת־הָרָקִיעַ וַיַּבְדֵּל בֵּין הַמַּיִם אֲשֶׁר מִתַּחַת לָרָקִיעַ וּבֵין הַמַּיִם אֲשֶׁר מֵעַל לָרָקִיעַ וַיְהִי־כֵן׃ 8 וַיִּקְרָא אֱלֹהִים לָרָקִיעַ שָׁמָיִם וַיְהִי־עֶרֶב וַיְהִי־בֹקֶר יֹום שֵׁנִי׃ ף

Take Care

Alan

relV

just saw your posts
took me some time to figure out what does YAWVEH means but I got it eventually.. though I don't believe in any dogmatic beliefs. To me god is the universe, the one, the all, the source of energy, the essence.
Amen to your words.
The days of peace seems sometimes so far away when living in this country.
Yes i can read your translation of course..
You are aware that it is ancient Hebrew and is not the language we speak now.
Can you read Hebrew?
Best Wishes
Ariel

Alan McDougall

Yes I know that maybe I should give modern Hebrew  a try sometime. I have internet friends whose  home language in not English like mine. I sometimes give I a bash to translate into their language but the result is often funny and a little silly.

I speak four languages and can read another few fairly well

What is your home language?, I once had an Israel secretory her name was Shirley Singer and she was not religious at all. She returned to Israel
Take Care

Alan

relV

My language is Hebrew (in its new form).
I am also not religious at all. "religious" people in Israel believe in a dogma that proclaims many absurd laws, such as not using any electricity, fire, not eating meet and milk together, not eating some specific animals because of their characteristics, the very religious people have many more absurd dogmatic beliefs to follow (in my opinion). The Kabbalah is amazing (the sub text of the Tora) but the tora itself and the beliefs religious people in this country follow is (as in all dogmatic beliefs) quite absurd.
Best Wishes
Ariel

Alan McDougall

relV

How am I doing?

Alan

אני רוצה ללמוד לדבר עברית מודרנית אתה יכול לעזור
Take Care

Alan

relV

Great!
Can you read that as well?
better yet
אתה יכול לקרוא את זה?
מאיפה אתה?

Best Wishes
Ariel

Alan McDougall

relV1

אתה יכול לקרוא את זה?

מאיפה אתה?

התמונה שלי נראית כמו גלגול נשמות של משה

You wrote in Hebrew
'You can read it? Where are you from?"

Who is that??

I am a South African Scottish Father Jewish mom
Take Care

Alan

relV

Nice alan, I see you are learning it quite well..
By the way, did you see the topic here channeling god?
Best Wishes
Ariel

Alan McDougall

reVl

Yes I did and mustard seed and I had some really heated exchanges. I find it difficult to believe that someone has an on-line buddy buddy relationship with the Divine Infinite.

What do you think?

Alan

Take Care

Alan

relV

exactly the same..
I believe he is just a fraud, not that I doubt of course the existence of the source, the light, like he supposed every time some one would not believe him. The thing is that god is the all, the universe, we are a part of it just as the trees, the ground, the air, everything as god is the universe and therefore I can not believe he can be channeled, the whole idea is ridiculous to me!
Best Wishes
Ariel

Alan McDougall

reVl

We seem to have a similarity in thinking

Below is an essay of mine what do you think about it?

Mortal humans are only aware of an infinitely small aspect of  the great Super consciousness. There are millions of other levels in our higher selves and we are not now aware of it all. We must cross the rivers of memory to find out

We as human beings then are limited. We are seemingly are very tiny aware quantum particles of an infinite Mind or Awareness. We seem so small and minute when we look into  the vastness of the universe. B

But we are not our souls or minds can expand to embrace the whole of Infinite existence.

We are not insignificant. We together are the entire the Super- consciousness (God if you like) We are only aware of a very small aspect of our own "Great Mind" presently.

We do not know much about ourselves because we live in a very limited human body right now. We limited ourselves on purpose. We are "The Infinite Light" but for now we are limited versions of our ultimate selves

So our thinking and visions affect the future just as they did the past. We are a part of God and all other conscious sentient life in the universe, so our thinking must affect this great creation of ours to a greater or minor degree according to how highly evolved we are within the Super- consciousness or God.

I think that perhaps if we constantly project negativity or if we constantly project love and positively this flows like a river into the collective conscious of all thing and alters reality,  be it in a tiny minute way

So our contributions to the future are important

Alan

You might be interested in this website It relates to a profound near death experience that rings true to me.

http://www.mellen-thomas.com/darshom.htm

Read about it and tell me what you think
Take Care

Alan

relV

very nice essay
The thing is I believe we can be aware to our higher levels of awareness by means of meditation on focusing on the important in life and not on the material, we can communicate with our higher parts and we are guided by those infinitely knowing parts of us which have access to everything about us, know all about the universe and about us and is only concerned by our well being and process, all we have to do is listen..
of course due to the physical body we posses at the moment we are limited and it is almost impossible (maybe is) to really understand the universe at this stage, but just as you said, we put ourselves in this position, we chose everything, where and when we will live etc.. We have to undergo this life in order to learn the lessons that can be taught only by the material obstacles put in our way here, it is only for learning and evolution that we stand here today on this planet earth in this low level energy plain, we shall treat every situation that comes to us with complete faith, belief, knowing and gratitude that it has come our way and we shall strive to learn the most form every situation we face upon. We are here to overcome the physical illusion, overcome we must and will. All humans will eventually realize these most profound truths and be on their way to the source to once again be a part of the mind of all, god, the source, to unite with the one true, pure energy, the light.

I have yet to read the link you sent me as I dont have any time at this moment, I will read it later today and reply again.

Thanks for your essay, I truly enjoyed it.

by the way
this is a very nice topic by you
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_world_religions/where_do_we_go_when_we_die-t28461.0.html;msg0;boardseen#new
Cheers Ariel
Best Wishes
Ariel

relV

I just read his NDE experience, really quite astounding, Wow!
Totally blew me off, I wish I could experience that in this life..
When ill come to South Africa, will you show me around?   :-D
Best Wishes
Ariel

Alan McDougall

Revl

If you come to SA I will try to get someone  :-D  :-), I do not drive as I am bipolar, but very sane and on medication to controllit. Glad you liked Mr Benetts nde. Did it ring true for you?

Here is a few of my other thoughts I dont claim that it is truth, just me thinking

The end of time is just another way of saying the beginning of immortality

Join the transcendental eternal ego of never ending potential.

Everything that can be imagined will be imagined or has been imagined by man is a reality out there in the vast somewhere.

Everything that can happen will happen.

Time is relative to movement, or fundamental vibrations

Matter at the ultimate fundamental level is just emptiness' and void

We who are everything else are subjective and relative, only God the original thought/mind is the Asolute Absolute. God can observe everything both subjectivly and objectively.

God time is the ceaseless moving "now" 

When you know everything that can be known in a certain frame of time, is it true that you are then omniscient?

If no single mind at any time can contain everything known, may not countless minds, interlinked as one, contain it?

If you become part of a "cosmic mind" that can accomplish whatever the Laws allow, would that be sufficient for the term "omnipotence"?

Infinity is impossibility even for God who is also in an eternal cycle. The greatest number even in Gods mind is still infinitely removed from infinity.

Just a few thoughts of mine, I dont say they are true, rip them apart if you like
Take Care

Alan

relV

Thanx for the offer :-D if i will come it wont be in the next couple of weeks so in the meantime, dont worry about it. If youll come to Israel, I will show you around.

I like your thoughts. The first one especially.

I think we do think alike.

What do you know about The Monroe Institute ?
Best Wishes
Ariel