News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

How will I know if I am dead?

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket_Man2733

I've heard it said that when you die it's possible to be oblivious to the fact that you are dead. I know you don't know all the answers or even any of them, but all theories are welcomed. Thanks.

desert-rat

In the book the astral world its scenes dwellers and phenomena the author discribes areas of the astral plane where people have recreated the same kind of life they had while alive.  A kind of denial.  One may never know.

Xanth

Consider it like this...
Every time you go to sleep or wake up... you're dying.
Do you always know when you go to sleep or when you wake up? 
If you're anything like me, sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.

funfire

I'm not sure if Xanth will agree with me but I feel we have the same view. if the after life is anything like dreams/nonphysical the question is will we maintain our memory's in the after life. It's hard to get a real answer since none of us are dead yet lol. I'd say out consciousnesses lives but we don't know if we keep our memory's or not. at least we don't know to the degree. it's our memories who make us who we are but consciousness is the base line for our actual intent.

The thing with is if we do lose our... innate high level awareness or memories in the physical I am fine with that because i wouldn't be aware of it. I do hope tho that we can keep progressing with all the knowledge we have gathered in this life and have the same awareness or higher when we die.

Thread Killer

You will know when you only get one more tax notice.
Pedant. Pedagogue. Prick.

desert-rat

There was an interesting video , more making fun of James Randi .  It was him saying that there were no ghosts . He was dead and was a ghost , but did not know it . 

LPC

Ha, ha, DR! Like that.

Most people know when they have passed over, often by looking at their own body from the outside (like in AP, only not temporarily), seeing doctors declaring them dead, relatives crying, etc. They then realise that they are no longer in the right place and move on.

A few people either do not understand what has happened, or refuse to believe it. They then become what are crudely called "ghosts" (as described in Adrian's book "Our Ultimate Reality").

All beings pass to the astral eventually, though.

desert-rat

That James Randi video is on you tube some where .   He comes off as such a hard core skeptic some find it fun to make fun of him .  Personaly I think he does have occult knowledge , or some one would of took him out long ago .