News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Hunting. Effect spirituality?

Previous topic - Next topic

AstralCody

Merry Christmas AP!

I was wondering what you all think about hunting. It's always been a hobby of mine. I may have made this topic before. What are your opinions on it? I love animals. I love nature. I want to start going hunting. Probably not too often but to get out in the woods etc. Do you think this would degrade my spiritual process? I love animals and if I did get a deer I would HAVE to eat it. That's my rule. I always liked hunting but I don't want it to.degrade my spiritual process. I've grown up a lot. I'm not one of those irrisponsible hunters. I have respect for nature but I always loved hunting. I'd love to hear what you.all think.

rain_88

Make sure you go for the female deers 'cause the males are going to pay you back in hell by sticking their antler up yo @$s. No kidding, that's their rule .).
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

AstralCody

Quote from: rain_88 on December 25, 2012, 16:22:40
Make sure you go for the female deers 'cause the males are going to pay you back in hell by sticking their antler up yo @$s. No kidding, that's their rule .).

:lol: astral antler up my astral a** aw man..!

Volgerle

Just my very personal view: Hunting for fun or as a sports is not really for the spiritually aware. It is 'low-vibrational'. I'd never do it.

There's maybe exceptions: Many indigenous people who do hunting out in the wild need it and I respect that. They also have another relationship to their game. They respect it and are even grateful for their sacrifice.

I'm a vegetarian. I think we should not eat animals and hunt/kill them, unless we are really in need of eating meat or have to kill them for self-defence (in case a wild animal attacks you or for hygiene reasons, e.g. noxious vermin for better / save life conditions of you or your necessary food).

Today's meat industry is very inconsiderate to animals as beings who feel and can suffer. We shouldn't support this. The more we go vegetarian or vegan, the more this will end one day. Watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTifP6idBPs

Again, just a personal view. Make of it what "you will", there is free will in this world, so it's only up to you to decide. No one will blame you.

Xanth

Anything you do from a position of FEAR is going to increase your entropy (aka: is bad for you).
Are you hunting from a position of fear?  Take care with answering that question for yourself... it's a loaded one and is VERY tricky.

majour ka

I used to go fishing and put them back. But now I could not face harming an innocent creature.

My personal feeling is if its not necessary for food then its an abomination, cruel and the antithesis of spirituality.

But you have to make the choices from the heart and decide what is your truth and what feels right for you.

You have decide for your self what is right.

rain_88

Also note how we wrap our opinions in politically correct statements about "killing", about what would we do and about what is right/wrong for you. And other times we point out that there are no such things but different experiences. Good luck with making up your mind  :lol:!

Why do you guys think that plants can't feel pain? Or it is not murder to slice them up? They don't have a nervous system which would process the information of pain receptors and they don't scream or fight back, but this doesn't mean you can't hurt them.

Volgerle

Quote from: rain_88 on December 27, 2012, 03:10:18Why do you guys think that plants can't feel pain? Or it is not murder to slice them up? They don't have a nervous system which would process the information of pain receptors and they don't scream or fight back, but this doesn't mean you can't hurt them.
This surely is an interesting philosophical problem. Just speculating: Maybe in our evolution to "enlightened" beings (and mind the word light already in it!) we might devolop from carnivores to herbivores and then to sungazers, just living of light an energy. Many claim this is possible.

Anyway, from a purely ontological point of view: Is a fresh apple there to bite into or a swine? Isn't it just somehow just "there" to be used for food?  Which one to bite into naturally? It's obvious, isn't it? :-D

Tom Campbell said somewhere animals do NOT come here to be eaten / killed in the first place. I don't know but it might be in the 'inital setup' of some plants and fruit to 'serve' as food resource for others.

Here's an interesting Explorer Tape from the TMI on this topic.

http://www.monroeinstitute.org/resources/downloads/cat/explorer-series

Please select #10: "Explorer Series #10 Physical Existence: Perceptions from the Other Side"

Then fast forward to minute 42:30 to listen in:

The 'channelling' says that plants are indeed conscious in some way (other experiments have proven that too). Then it is said to be expected to be 'transformed' when consumed. We as consumers should have an attitude of thankfulness. The plant has a 'choice' to grow large and healthy (for us). It's said that the plant then can merge or align with the consciousness of the 'eater' when consumed. After harvesting the plant's consciousness stays for a max of two weeks, then leaves again or whatever it does (not made too clear).

I think that shamans use this principle also with highly psychotropic drugs (Ayahuasca) they intake before going on a shaman's journey. Many say they then 'merge' with the 'plant's soul' somehow.

I don't say this is the way it all is. Just an interesting take on it.

rain_88

Wow, thx for the link. I never thought they have any material for free  8-).

I think you can prove it for yourself that plants are conscious in a way simply by talking to them. Dying plants can be restored by communicating with them.

I don't know if animals or plants are meant to be food for people, I just don't agree with becoming vegetarian only because one doesn't want to harm an innocent creature. What is innocence anyway? I assume that there must be guilty beings too. Who is the judge? And why project these human attributes on other beings?

On the other hand I wonder if animals and plants conduct these kinds of intellectual masturbations or just simply understand the reason of their existence better than we do.

AstralCody

Volgerle- That's actually super interesting. Thank you for sharing! Do you mind if I ask... Since you are a vegetarian where do you get your proteins from? A lot of my doctors said with my health it would be smart for me to go on an all protein diet. Like the atkins or something... I wonder why. I never followed any diet really. Another thing with me is I love meat... It would be really hard for me to stop eating steak. Especially with A1 steak sauce or well... now I am hungry. :-D j/k

It really would be tough for me to stop eating meat though. One of the reasons I would like to hunt is I could eat meat from what I hunted. I wouldn't be consuming the meat that we throw chemicals on etc. I have seen what these factories do to animals like cows etc. I think it is absolutely disgusting. It makes me sick. I love animals dearly.

That's why if it were up to me I would just start buying my vegies and fruits and whole food stores. (no preservatives or any of that junk) and the meat that I get would strictly be from me hunting.

It's kind of tough for me. The only reason I asked the pulse was to get some opinions and such. I guess I just have mixed views on it you know? I don't want anything to hurt my spiritual growth. Like Xanth mentioned too though... He had a very good point too.

rain_88

If you want to start an all protein diet it wouldn't be smart to rely only on vegetal proteins since they don't contain all the essential amino acids your system needs. (These are the ones your body unable to synthetize). And these amino acids are essential for the uptake of the other amino acids, so without them you would be in a serious trouble in the long run.

I am a vegetarian too, and I consume dairy to avoid that. Another option could be recombinant proteins produced by microorganisms, but I'm not sure if they are used for nutrition purposes by humans, at least not where I live.

Also, you should ask your doctors about metabolic acidosis whet it comes to all protein diet  8-).

mindflood

Quote from: rain_88 on December 27, 2012, 14:57:09
If you want to start an all protein diet it wouldn't be smart to rely only on vegetal proteins since they don't contain all the essential amino acids your system needs. (These are the ones your body unable to synthetize). And these amino acids are essential for the uptake of the other amino acids, so without them you would be in a serious trouble in the long run.

I am a vegetarian too, and I consume dairy to avoid that. Another option could be recombinant proteins produced by microorganisms, but I'm not sure if they are used for nutrition purposes by humans, at least not where I live.

Also, you should ask your doctors about metabolic acidosis whet it comes to all protein diet  8-).

Eating corn and beans will provide you with all the amino acids you need. Its that simple  8-)
ARE YOU GOING TO ACCEPT THE BASIS OF A WORLD WITH-OUT!?

"how long shall I be with you" -Gospel of Matthew

Volgerle

It's a myth that you need meat proteins, you don't. It's that simple. Proof can be found easily: It is not not necessarily so many vegans and vegatarians who run a lot to doctors or other therapists due to malnutrition problems.  :wink:

Yes, you can do things terribly wrong when on a vegetarian diet, but this applies to all modes of nutrition. As a vegetarian you actually DO eat some dairy stuff (milk, cheese etc.) and get some proteins from there. Otherwise you would be vegan.

Still you can get your proteins from other sources. It is not that important for proteins but especially for Vitamin B12 to avoid aenema because VB12 is only in animal meat. On the other hand there are so many supplements you can take with the necessary B-vitamins nowadays.
In earlier times, when veggetables were not washed that much thoroughly (hygienically) by the industry (or by ourselves) you even had your VB12 dose naturally because it was on top of the peels, skins, surfaces of some veggies or fruits or both (not sure anymore) because bacteria living on it produce it in their metabolism (btw, they produce a lot of vitamins, also in your bowels, did you know that?). So back then you would not even have needed supplements, dairy or meat in order to avoid VB12 shortage.

Besides: I've heard that too much of meat consumption makes OBEs, AP, meditation or clairvoyance harder, esp. when you eat raw / red meat. Some APers (and authors) claim it in some books, too. At least they say they can have better experiences when on a veggie diet.

Besides (2), regarding health, you have a higher risk of incuring Colorectal Cancer when you consume a lot of meat. Also other cancers have been reported in studies to be very prevalent among heavy meat eaters (next to the cardiovascular trouble and all that, of course).

Volgerle

AstralCody

Thanks a bunch for that link Volgerle.

BTW I like your link in your signature. Good stuff!

rain_88

Aww, this myth is taught by the universities of this country, but I found opposing info after a little research, which seems credible. Now who should I trust :?...

It is not like I'd change my diet anyways, since it works for me, but thx for the info guys.

13thrisingtruths

so i have hunted before and killed some animals in my life but that was before i was conscious to this game of life we are playing. i learned in the past few months how our water is polluted and how meat is bad for your body. i mean your digestive track isnt made to process it. you dont have claws and you cant eat it raw. think about it at one time their was no fire, and people lived then. i now hunt for wild food and find this much more challenging and educational. any one can call in a deer but not everyone can find wild herbs to cure a disease. still people love to argue over the protein thing you body makes. you know all doctors are pharmaceutical reps for large corporations and all they do is take a natural cure grind it up then sell it to you for an outrageous price. why do you think b17 is illegal in the USA. and if you still dont believe me that meat is bad take some time and train yourself on how to see auras have one friend eat a steak and another eat a organic salad filled with organic yummies and watch what happens to their energetic fields. it will show you the truth about meat. just giving my view on the whole thing. RAW diet is the only way to go in my book 13love though and best of luck with your travels.     
just my opinion on the issue to me it is fact to you it is only a possibility? just saying think about it.

Bluefirephoenix

Meat consumption doesn't affect spiritual activity too much. It might cause an additional burden of body awareness. But it's largely cultural and belief driven.  Hunting is a natural human activity and post hunt feasts involved activities with the spirit world in pre agricultural societies. Eat in a way that doesn't cause distraction and don't worry about it. The goal is to forget or disregard the body so distracting yourself with food obsessions is counter productive. The body is just an interface to interact with this astral plane. Don't fuss with it too much

Bedeekin

I haven't noticed any differences between being a meat eater and turning veggie. I've switched over a few times. The last switch is more permanent me thinks... to fish meat and veg/fruit only. Difference is I actually can't eat non-fish based meat... I physically reject it.

OOBE wise there has been no difference.

Szaxx

There may be a problem with eating processed foods only. No healthy veg or real meats, just that stodgy slop shaped by machines.
Organic foods have an aura far superior to processed, easily seen by kirlian photography. There's a difference too between organic and hydroponically produced foods.
It may simply be, added chemicals. That's another story...
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

ForrestDean

Well, ask yourself this.  Do you think hunting other humans would hinder spiritual progress?

13thrisingtruths

Well, ask yourself this.  Do you think hunting other humans would hinder spiritual progress?

do not animals have a life force within them when you look at an animals does the aura not move? when you ap cannot your pet not go with you? if you pet can go y wouldnt a cow or deer be able to are they not natural beings also? learn how to see auras go to a restraint sit down and watch someone eat watch their aura their spiritual energy die down. does this not mean something? if a animal can ap would that not mean it is a conscious being. if it is a conscious being just like i am a conscious being what would be the difference in hunting a hue/man compared to a rabbit in the forest. would not you say their is a difference in picking an apple from a tree and cutting the tree down to take all the apples?   
just my opinion on the issue to me it is fact to you it is only a possibility? just saying think about it.

Dreamshards

Quote from: 13thrisingtruths on January 01, 2013, 12:21:06

do not animals have a life force within them when you look at an animals does the aura not move? when you ap cannot your pet not go with you? if you pet can go y wouldnt a cow or deer be able to are they not natural beings also? learn how to see auras go to a restraint sit down and watch someone eat watch their aura their spiritual energy die down. does this not mean something? if a animal can ap would that not mean it is a conscious being. if it is a conscious being just like i am a conscious being what would be the difference in hunting a hue/man compared to a rabbit in the forest. would not you say their is a difference in picking an apple from a tree and cutting the tree down to take all the apples?   

YES there is a difference between picking an apple from and a tree and cutting down the whole thing. How does this have to do with hunting? He is talking about killing an animal and putting it to good use, he never said he was going to kill it and let its meat go bad. I have heard so many people go off about hunting then turn around and shop for at major superstore chains where the meat & produce definitely goes bad if people do not buy it and has tons of added hormones. Us meat eaters who are more aware of the world and what we eat get most of our meat from a local butcher, where we can have a relationship with the people who are killing and butchering our food and trust in them that the animal was not intensively raised.

Everything has a life force. PLANTS have a life force. They respond more subtly to us but they do respond. So if someone wants to be a vegetarian then that's great for them, that is their life choice, but in the end they should realize they will always be a consumer and their existence will take its toll on the earth. If you are going to eat meat, you should not be in denial about what you are doing. I think it is very honorable for you to seek out your own food (within reason). I am not speaking ill of any of you particularly, but the human race needs to develop a closer relationship with their food and not be so judgmental of what people eat but how they treat it. 

13thrisingtruths

greetings to 13love 13love to all i want to start off saying it does not matter to me what you eat at all im only trying to share knowledge of my understanding on the subject with that said if you are going to continue eating meat and not doing your homework on the subject you should look into superbugs and how they have begun to spread to wildlife. you should know they kill more people than aids and modern science cannot cure you of them.( only nature can in my opinion and many others but your government of pharma companys would never tell you this.) their is plenty of info on the topic and most of the death totals i have found are from 2005 their still isnt a cure so just putting it out. i have love for everyone and everything dont want to freak anybody out but its the truth and its been kept a secret from you. exponential growth their is a story on this idea if you havnt herd of it at the link. 13love to all

Edit: Link was removed due to Trojan virus on that site!
Lionheart

Stookie_

I agree that a vegetarian diet can be very good for you, and I hate the way much of the food industry processes animals for meat, though I could say the same about vegetables and fruit. But I don't think eating meat is bad. You just have to be careful what you buy and be conscious of where it's coming from. It's about having a balanced diet that works for your body... everyone is different on how their body responds to things. And our teeth are made for tearing meat.

As far as hunting, I think if you're going to eat or sell the meat and aren't doing it for the thrill of watching something die, it's all good. It's only going to effect you on a spiritual level if you have some sort of subconscious guilt about it. I have a bunch of ground squirrels around my house, and they burrow really close to my foundation which can end up a huge problem, so I had to start killing them. I don't like shooting cute little chipmunks, but I look at them the way I do roaches. I've eliminated a dozen of them guilt-free.

The way I look at these controversial issues: if it fits in with your morals, don't let someone else make you feel you're doing something bad.