News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I admit it, I'm a GAMER,..are you?

Previous topic - Next topic

Euphoric Sunrise

I used to be. Right before the gamecube was released (i REALLY wanted one) i realised that it was either videogames or music. I chose music, and i don't regret that for one second. It would have been cool to get that gamecube, but i can't have everything. I'm perfectly happy with my guitar [:D]
"The soul is never silent, but wordless"
* Emperor - The Tongue of Fire

cainam_nazier

I am a hard core PC gamer.

And I am not afriad to admit it.

That being here....alone....in my room.....where its safe......I think.

justine

Hermits Unite

Punkrawker

Can not wait for HL2!!!  Used to be an avid Counter-Strike player, now I mostly play Americas Army and Desert Combat when I have the time.

Links Shadow

I am a serious gamer.  You speak to me about Nintendo and I can tell you just about anything.  In about a month I will be starting college where I will be majoring in Computer Engineering.  I want to get a job with Nintendo and design a new console system, but if Nintendo is not hiring I might consider working for some other video game company.  This gives you an idea of just how much I love video games.

Nick

Yes, I went through a period where I couldn't stop playing Unreal and Unreal Tournament also Half-Life. Had to keep it quiet though. Enjoyed it a lot but had to move on because it's so addictive and time consuming although loads of fun.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

jc84corvette

I am a gamer. I laid off the PC a lot more than last year heh. So the time that I am on the PC, I play games when I am free from PC work.

I play MOHAA I use to play Half LIfe Single Player but I got it done!
The only HL I play is HL mods. I play Counter-Strike more than anything. I look forward to HL2

jc84corvette

Oh I forgott to mention that I am only a PC gamer. I can not stand PS2, XBOX, Gamecube and what not. I do not like the controlls, because I play FPS games and playing them on the PC is better because of the mouse and its accuracy.

Kodemaster

Hello,

I'm a gamer too. However, it's been awhile since I really got into a game, as I can't afford to keep buying the new systems.

The last game I beat was Zelda 64: The Ocarina of Time. I really wish I had the money to buy the Gamecube, as I would love to play the new Zelda. [:)]

Take care,
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Kodemaster

I applied for a job at Nintendo, too. It was a graphic designer position. Needless to say I never got a callback. I fathom they get more applicants than Microsoft. (I subscribed to Fortune magazine last year, and they had an article on top companies to work at. I think Microsoft had one of the highest rates of applicants to available jobs)

BTW, don't feel ashamed to be a gamer. Just be yourself and happy with who you are. It's those who are young at heart who live the fullest lives, in my opinion. [:)]
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Squeek

Heh, I'm hardcore gaming as well, although I really cannot stand Xbox or PS2.  The best 128-bit systems have been and always will be GameCube and Dreamcast.  You have no idea how much it annoys me when someone says that Gamecube is kiddie games.  DO I LOOK LIKE A KIDDIE?!  :p

Sure, I'll give you that Halo is awesome, but it gets old fast.  The GCN equivolent (Metroid Prime) is ACES!  And even though I am 17, I have a knack for thems lil party games.  Seriously when it comes down to it, Super Monkey Ball 2 is AWESOME!!!  Those lil monkeys play tennis, soccer, baseball, bowling, golf, pool, you name it!!  And then there's Mario Party 4 (and 5!!)  OH MAN!  So much fun.  And can you even have a CHANCE against Super Smash Brothers: Melee?!?!

Now i sound like a kiddie :p...  Well we have Resident Evil 0.

You're lucky that Soul Calibur 2 is coming out for all the systems because if not, it'd've been GCN only.  We have sega on our side, meaning we get kickin games like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Monkey Ball.... And nintendo has Zelda!!  Wind Waker was SO cool!  Starfox, mario, kirby, samus, link, sonic... We have video game legends on our side.  You get Master Chief. (chuckles).  Follow the Gamefaqs tournament closely, because kirby and the sonic team is goin ALL The WAYYY!

Well, I'm gonna give you Half-Life 2.  I am NOT a pc gamer, but I saw the 30-minute preview of the game.  I'm gonna buy it just for the amazing physics capabilities within  :p

PICTURES!

Super Monkey Ball 2

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Golden Sun 2 (For Gameboy Advance!!)

That last set is off a Hand-Held game!!!  I love that game.  SOO Much.  It's the one i talked about in the other topic... Whoooo...  Some of the screens are big, like the last 4 GS2's because they're bitmaps.  The total isnt bigger than peacefuls' :p

Thanks for listening, and looking at my favorite games :D

~Squeek

Links Shadow

Squeek you named several of my favorite games.  That is just the tip of the iceberg there are many more great games to come specifically Final Fantasy games which will be a pleasant surprise considering there has not been a Final Fantasy game on a nintendo system in nearly a decade.  Then there is Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3 "Rebel Strike" which continues one of the greatest starwars series to date.  The list continues on and I will not continue to list more games but there are many more to come.  Nintendo is not kiddie if you don't believe me check out "Conker's Bad Fur Day" for Nintendo 64.  I warn you though this IS inappropriate for childern.

Respectfully,
Links Shadow

beavis

Are those pictures 3d rendered in realtime, or a video? I would think that top picture is real if I wasnt told otherwise.

Squeek

Yea although I hate Final Fantasy  :p

and beavis - that's a realtime screenshot.  Probably taken after a win, because she looks happy.  That's 128-bit systems for ya.

Comment on the monkeys.  Not just the monkeys (and the perfectly roundness of the ball they're in  :D) but the backgrounds that arent fixed!  Whooo...

~Squeek

WalkerInTheWoods

I use to be a big gamer but not really any more. I still enjoy playing a game but it seems to take me forever to complete them now. I barely have time for much of anything. I am still working on completing Vampire:TM Redemption and the first Resident Evil on PS. I have completed Resident Evil 2 & 3 though. [:)] This sort of works out for the best though because I can get those really cool games from a few years ago pretty cheap now. Oh yeah, I played Everquest for awhile too.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

fireprooflighter

Geez, I feel like I'm in the stone age and I'm only 14, we have a super nintendo and a PS2 but the PS2 collects dust because I can't stand it. On the other hand, my friends and I are hard core super nintendo freaks. Donkey Kong and Mario [^]

PeacefulWarrior

I knew I wasn't the only gamer in here!  We're taking over![;)]

Anyway, I wanted to comment on what you said Nick.  You have no idea how many people tell me what you said, which is that they had to give it all up because it was too time consuming, like a drug or something!  I think, however, you can find a happy medium which allows you to enjoy gaming without going overboard...it's just hard to do!  I am usually ok, but when I get a new game and get compelled, I'll often play for hours.

I think the other posts show just how much variance there is between gamers and the kind of gaming they do.  There are so many different genres of games: sports, action, role playing, educational, racing, and the list goes on.  There truly is something for everyone.  

I really love the Xbox simply because it has unparalleled hardware capabilities, although the gamecube and PS2 offer an amzing array of high end gaming experiences as well...especially the Gamecube.  Xbox rules the realm though...at least for now.  When PS3 comes out though it will be top dog...but then the Xbox 2 will come out and so on and so forth.  PS3 is due out sometime in 2005 with and so is the Xbox 2.  Someday we'll be in real VR I suppose.

Anyway, I would like to see someone here post a little history of video games, it would be interesting.  I am going to try to, but I vowed to myself to get some work done today so it'll have to wait.

Until then!
Dan

1972: (Magnavox Odyssey First home video game console)

I think we've all seen and been amused by Pong at one time or another. It was invented in 1972 by Nolan Bushnell at Atari. Once this game arrived in arcades, nothing would ever be the same. "AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE", they said.

Most of us haven't seen the arcade Pong, however. Home Pong was released for the consumers in 1974, made possible with a drop in price of microchips. This is the system most of us remember--later, an extended Super Pong was released. And don't forget Video Olympics on Atari 2600!

Atari Pong was the original "hit a ball back and forth" game. Since this was so popular, a company by the name of General Instruments created a chip that held the essence of the game. With this chip, almost 100 companies made Pong clones, including Coleco, Radio Shack, and Magnavox. But nothing compares to the real thing.

Keep your eye on this page, I plan on including some technical information here for those who have no lives.

1976: Fairchild Channel F

1977:
Atari 2600

The magical year of 1985 the beginning of the modern video gaming era:
THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM (NES):

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Squeek

Heh, I have 3 of those NES's PW  :P

I still have my atari!!!  Too bad it's broken.  Anyone wanna buy pong off me for 40 bucks?

~Squeek

Links Shadow

1987, Legend of Zelda is released for the NES in the US!!!  The amazing start to the greatest series in video game history, atleast in my opinion and I know there are many others out there that agree with me.

-Link's Shadow

Forgotten Flame 13

I have to agree with you, Links Shadow, Zelda is definitely the best game in Nintendo history!![:D]
But my favorite game is Shinobi for the PS2(before Final Fantasy X-2 comes out)
Right now I have a ps2 and a gamecube, but I focus on my ps2.
Unfortunately, I usually beat my games in about a week (during school. I've got hebrew school too. Not anymore though.), so it's quite a strain on my wallet.

burning_arc

I like video games too. Specialy ps2 and Pc. PS2 for its great games and huge library of games. No one console has any rpgs that compare to what the ps2 has. and pc for all my online games and first person shooters.

also got an xbox, dont play it much, not very many good games except halo and star wars: knights of the old republic, also i lost the power cord[|)]... and dont want a gamecube though, all cel-shadded kiddie games or rehashed remakes of snes classics. plus virtualy no 3rd party support, and nintendos only good exclusive 3rd party developer, rareware was bought by microsoft, gonna have perfect dark 0 and conker bad fur day on my xbox. i see no point for a gamecube

Tippa

I too am a gamer!  Going to school and working full time, and having a three year old doesn't leave me much time to play though[:(].  But in a way it's not so bad because I get much more done.

The last console game I played, I think, was either Mario Kart for 64, or Tekken Tag Team.  I love that game!

The pc games that I played are Everquest (very addicting!) and Dark Age of Camelot.

I prefer RPG's.

I also play online games... wich I do almost everyday!  Most of them are from Yahoo! games.

Tippa

Alezunde

I am a GAMER.
Always.
^_^
Games have something in them that other media just.. doesn't.

Think about this:
Games have EVERY other media combines - and best yet they're interactive!

Movies, books, music, art - video games have got it all!

Thank you.

-Alezunde ^_^

P.S. I will play ANY game that I think is good. I like to stay open minded about things. ^_^

PeacefulWarrior

From the Gamecube:

PC:

PS2:

And XBOX:
From Ninja Gaiden:

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Nick

Hi Dan,

The happy medium became elusive for me, although I'd like to start another game. My computer has a high end graphics card (I replaced the old one myself) so that makes it more fun. Even though I'm a very peaceful guy, I do love those shooter games! [8D]

Thanks for starting this nice 'fun' [:D] thread!

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson