News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I borrowed "The Exorcist" from the school lib...

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerezza

I owned that movie for five years before I actually watched it and it became my favorite horror movie.

Xehupatl

i hate horror movies.
come to think of it - I've never really watched one. Well, maybe a few.
Call it childish but I with an imagination as active as mine, I get the creeps just having to look in the mirror after seeing a scary movie (you never know what hides inside those mirrors!).
I think it's a terribly good way for negs to attach themselves to you in the form of some image from the movies.
Or maybe there's some other purpose to this genre ..

and when the day arrives
i'll become the sky
and i'll become the sea

and the sea will come to kiss me
for i am going
home

nothing can stop me now
[/b]

Nerezza

Jacob's ladder is another good one. I watched it while under pain medication though so towards the end I was fighting to keep my eyes open(no fault of the movie).

Xehupatl,

You should watch the exorcist, it's really a good movie(imho anyway). Im getting the urge to watch it right now...

kakkarot

wow... and i mean Insert. WOW! it was damned good. (not scary, but GOOO-oooD. wow.)

i also watched ocean's eleven last night too (i've seen that one in theaters) and again, WOW!. another great movie. last night was awesome movie watching goodness. [8D].

i HIGHLY recommend the Exorcist to everyone. it has a lot of useless babble, and its plot isn't that great, but it's still really good. and Ocean's Eleven is just too good not to watch.

~kakkarot

sahlyn

I've seen the lastest edition of The Exorcist, but not the original. Anyone seen them both? If so, which do you think is better?

kakkarot

so saturday night i borrowed a couple of other movies and watched them: planet of the apes (my first viewing) and the matrix (seen it before).

i didn't like the planet of the apes too much, but the matrix was good as always.

also, i tried meditating while letting the matrix play in the background and i think i came pretty close to out of body projecting. i was meditating and letting the more "peaceful" parts of the movie get me in a suitable mood. i felt my being open up more than it normally does so i thought i'd try projecting. so i tried pushing myself out, but i felt that my being still wasn't open ENOUGH.

so i sensed what was "wrong" with my being and realized that my throat area (i'm thinking the chakra) was a bit constricted so i opened it using someone's technique where you open it like you'd open up a kaiser bun. and it worked, my throat area was now "cleared for take-off" but then i realized that my lower areas (ie, the bottom two or three chakras) weren't so open either. but instead of lowering my consciousness to them and opening them up, i just kept trying to pull myself out.

result: no oobp [|)]. but a good experience none-the-less. i'll have to try that again sometime. [:D]

~kakkarot

Fenris

There I was finding books for my bioethics assignment *yawn* when I remembered the libary has a movie section. So I borrowed Stanley Kubrick's 'Clock work orange', and wow what a cool movie! If you like twisted make sure you have seen this! It has 'ultra-violence' Beethoven's 9th and prejudice.

Nerezza

Was planet of the apes the original or the new edition?

kakkarot

hm, thanks fenris. i'd heard of clockwork orange before and i've wondered whether it was worth seeing, so with your review i think i'm more inclined to rent it if i ever find it. [:)]

nerezza, it was the new one. i got to see about twenty minutes of the original waaaaaay back in highschool [:P]. don't know what to think of the original, though.[|)]

sahlyn, no i haven't seen the original. isn't the only difference being that the "new" one has extended and added scenes?

~kakkarot

Nick

Can't seem to watch that stuff anymore b/c there are certain images that creep up on me when I don't want them to, like when I'm trying to meditate. However, I saw the Exorcist a long time ago and still can picture that head spinning around.[}:)]
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nerezza

Another excellent movie is Being John Malkovich. Try that if you havn't seen it. It's not a horror though.

kakkarot

another good movie is "The Whole Nine Yards". it's a comedy, not a horror (and due to about 30 seconds of nudity, children should ask their parents before they try to rent it).

it's so frikking funny though, i just can't stop laughing at the guy's expressions throughout the movie.

"Oh great, i've managed to p*ss off a serial killer. just what i need." -Oz. hahahaha, [:P]. it's sooooo good. (it's so funny in context)

- or -

(semi-romantic atmosphere) *guy and girl get closer to each other, going for a kiss* ... *pause*
girl: have you been vomitting recently?
guy: yeah, just before you showed up. i was going to brush my teeth. do you want to wait a minute?
girl: yeah.
*guys goes to brush his teeth* (romantic atmosphere = dead. lol)

~kakkarot

Nightfall

The difference between the Exorcist and other "horror movies" is that the Exorcist is based on a true story. The only difference is that it was a little boy, not a girl.

goingslow

Jacob ladder was a great movie.  Clockwork orange was good too but i could only watch it once or twice.  After that it kinda makes me sick for some reason.

If you want a horror film I thought "The Ring" was pretty scary.  Its a recent movie though.  

kakkarot

rary, and i'm gonna watch it tonight (never seen it before) just before i go to bed [}:)]. i hope it's at least half as scary as people make it out to be [:D].

i'll tell you what i think of it tommorrow. [|)]

~kakkarot