News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Better to be blissfully unaware??

Previous topic - Next topic

micko

Well i have been reading about anything astral for some time now.. and i wonder if it is better to be blissfully unaware like the majority of people out there... maybe im just being paranoid or looking too much into the negative stuff.. let me explain.

I first started looking at this stuff awhile ago and while i found it very interesting.  I never practised any of the stuff in here. Revcently i have started looking at it again and i have just ordered Mastering Astral Projection. While it is being delivered i got Astral Dynamics from the library and have started energy work. Ever since i started doin this the lower toilet in my house has been bubbling at random times during the day.. often starting when i walk in the room. I used to be terrified as a kid about very real nightmares of large spiders coming into my room and attacking me that i now put down to astral negs. Now maybe i am lookin into this a bit too much but doesnt all this freaky stuff deter anyone from delving deeper into it? Since starting energy work my dreams have become alot more vivid, and often when walking around i get cold energy surges running through my back. Maybe i am just accociating all this with the energy work...   :roll:

Ybom

Many people find that famous quote by Lord Tennyson to be true for them personally; 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.' I'll give you a new quote to follow by; 'Tis better to have seeked and to be fearful at every step than never to have seeked at all.' Is this true for you?

It's a matter of what you define your life as; if life is about seeking new things, then you shouldn't mind giving it up in the name of curiosity for that would be an honorable death. I'm not saying you'll die from this, but it still doesn't hurt to prepare for it anyways. Statistically, you won't though.

And one last thing, the final answer you get to this question will be the one you found yourself. Do you want to experience all of this or do you want to kick yourself for the rest of your life knowing that there was a bigger world out there?
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

Nay

I can promise you that your toilet just needs a new floaty deal.. :D  

As to the rest...I'm a fuzzy bunny thinker.  I still get some wicked scary thoughts and feelings and yeah, sometimes enough, to cause me from wanting to continue with the projection.  Then sometimes I face it, only to have it disappear..*shrugs*

IMO, you're seeing the boogy man behind every little thing.  If you like that feeling, then please continue, if you don't...then face it, perhaps with an indifferent attitude.  I'm beginning to wonder if not everyone goes through this stage of such negative thoughts, experiences..etc..

I know that I have pretty much positives thoughts all the time...but there was a time, not too many years ago, when I was surrounded by fears.  But my life sucked too, so.....

So, I guess having the fuzzy bunny/ostrich syndrome at first could be a not so good thing, because you need to face some fears.  Eh......Do what you feel is right! :P

Nay

Nostic

I never really understood all the attention that is given to "negs". I've never even thought too much about them until I listened to Rob Bruce's interview on the Art Bell show. I'm a late-night person, so I was probably listening to the interview way past midnight. Man, did it scare the crap outa me  :D . LOL, and what I was hoping to hear Rob talk about was AP techniques and/or more about his travels to other realms. Luckily for me it was a Saturday night/ Sunday morning, so by the time the interview was over there was gospel music playing on the radio. :D Thank God for that because otherwise I don't know how I would have gone to sleep. I don't normally listen to gospel music btw.

Anywho, back to the negs... I don't really seem to have a problem with them. Yes, I have horror dreams now and then, but I LOVE horror dreams... well, I don't love them when I'm having them, but after I wake-up, I think of them as pretty cool experiences. But I just think of them as dreams- no big deal. Recently in my dreams, I notice that I can be very volatile and aggressive- which is the total opposite of how I am in real life. I'm thinking perhaps, the "real" me is a lot more bold than how I am in the day-to-day. Maybe this nature has kept "negs" at bay? I dunno...

Nostic

As for the question at hand, you can only be blissfully ignorant but for so long. The child must grow-up sooner or later...

micko

Thanks for the replies!! I think my fear about this comes from the bad experiences when i was a kid. I used to go screaming to my parents bedroom almost every night. My dad even slept in the room and had a tape recorder going to see if there was anything there.. those astral spiders were scaareey!!:shock:  It is good to now be able to put a reasoning to these experiences. Anyway.. I am really excited about finding out about anything astral.. i am totally surprised about how real and cool the energy work is! However to progress further i think i need to get over those same fears i had as a kid.

On another note.. do you guys ever talk about this stuff to other people?? I sorta gave up after the first 100 wierd looks... heh ... narrow minded people     :roll:

CaCoDeMoN

On another note.. do you guys ever talk about this stuff to other people?? I sorta gave up after the first 100 wierd looks... heh ... narrow minded people
Only to those who want to know about it.
MEAT=MURDER.

jason

I generally don't talk about OBE to others at allunless I know exactly who I'm dealing with.And even when I do talk to someone about it,I don't just hand out any information.

It's important to respect the belief systems of others,even if they totally conflict w/yours or mine,because most people just aren't ready for such knowledge,and will often react negatively,or say "you actually beleive that?"

:roll:   :x

This goes especially for those who follow what I call "belief systems of dispair",who basically believe that conciousness is a product of a meat-computer,that the universe is w/out a plan or order, and we just fade into complete oblivion after death.

You're asking for a HUGE headache if you talk about OBE to these kinds of people-and you are asking for an even bigger headache if you talk about it to religious fundamentalists of any culture,who see OBE as evil.

I spoke on another forum on the subject,and I got responses that said something to the effect of "deviants,psychotics,murderers,and rapists would probably make the OBE claim".

It's HURTS,and saddens me to hear the ignorance and stupidity in such bulls**t :cry:
The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

-lines-

Don't think I've ever talked to anyone about OBE's, but in general, if I ever felt like talking to someone about "iffy" sbujects, then you have to go off of signals. Don't go straight to what you want to talk about, dance around the topic, use something that you can relate to it and -don't- bring it up only to talk about it to no end if the person doesn't pick up interest when you idly mention it. If they catch the mention and say something about it, then it's free game to talk about, they're interested in it and won't have a problem talking about it. With some stuff, there's an unwritten set of rules that goes along with it that you just instinctivly know.

I've run into the problem of bringing stuff that will normally have people look at you funny, you get used to a way of introducing it without making it seem as though it is what you want to talk about.

Yeah, like the post above me says, don't hand out free info. Give and get so that you can get something out of it as well, that way they can't end up saying that you are rambling about some strange thing.

Hopefully, this is understandable.

--

As for that "belief system of dispair", I think about that one sometimes, filed mentally away with the rest of my conscienceness/universe possiblities. The only way to go about it is to have possiblilities, because at this point, there's no way to prove one over the other. An open mind serves you best, but you need to know when to discard the less-plausible stuff too.
- Skeptical until proven otherwise -

beavis

QuoteEver since i started doin this the lower toilet in my house has been bubbling at random times during the day.. often starting when i walk in the room. I used to be terrified as a kid about very real nightmares of large spiders coming into my room and attacking me that i now put down to astral negs. Now maybe i am lookin into this a bit too much but doesnt all this freaky stuff deter anyone from delving deeper into it?

Weird things happen in my everyday life, and that makes me want to do psychic things more. I cant think of any paranormal thing, short of directly permanently physically hurting me, that would deter me. Like if for some weird reason spiders appeared out of nowhere and bit me. I'd be scared, but wouldnt stop psychic things.

On an other subject, spiders will usually only attack you if you scare them first. Sometimes when I find one in my house, if its easy enough, I take it outside instead of killing it.

Ybom

I only kill the brown recluses now. Those things are evil beyond evil, simply because they're tactics are better than mine.

I wish I could rot my giant enemies from the inside out too; that'd be really gross looking.
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

jason

Quote from: Ybom
I wish I could rot my giant enemies from the inside out too; that'd be really gross looking.

I would like to see that :shock:  :lol:
The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.