News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I need feedback, is this self-hypnosis progress?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Hey guys,

I was meditating today in my living room, and I felt myself going deeper. I eventually got myself to a state where my ears were sensitive to sound. My dad was watching TV, so every time a louder noise happened on TV it felt like I was hearing it while just waking up. And then someone text my dad and his text-tone made me alert again. The exercise I was doing was purely mental, so no weird breathing patterns, just trying to make sure my breathing was kinda slow and deep. I remember once reading a healing method where you would imagine light coming into your body, and then spreading out all over healing you as you breathed out. So I wondered if this worked with getting sleepy, I would change the colour of the light to purple and felt myself going deeper and deeper with each of these slow breaths. I almost reached a bit of a trance.

I've always meditated with altered states of consciousness in mind, now in that situation if I hadn't gotten distracted, what would I have had to do from that point to get into an OBE state? I'm very interested in the concept of self-hypnosis, but it's very rare I get the real opportunity to practice it. I have a pair of ere-plugs and a velvet sleeping mask, so that helps sometimes. Just feel a bit silly when I'm in the same room as my dad while doing it, but it's the only room with comfy chairs that isn't a bed.

EscapeVelocity

Just as an alternative idea...have you considered programming your dreams? Meditation and trance work are fine and beneficial, but can be pretty difficult methods for your initial obe.

Our initial obes usually happen almost by accident, when we happen to find ourselves in that tiny little window of awareness that allows us to transition into some form of NP awareness.

Early morning, naps or middle of the night wake-ups become our best opportunities to find that little awareness window and make proper use of it.

How present are you within your dreams? Affirmations can work surprising wonders in this area.

Just some ideas...
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Jdeadevil

I've tried dream selection but without much luck. I don't know where to start other than to tell myself I'll dream about it and passively obsess about it.

Kzaal

Self-Hypnosis is one of the experiences that got me into astral projecting in the beginning.
This might not be referred as self-hypnosis for the simple reason that you did not have a countdown or some way to keep your mind focused on something physical in order to doze your mind into deep sleep/projection.

I might not be the right person to tell you the exact definition of self-hypnosis but when I learned about it (I had found a step by step guide on internet), they told me I had to countdown from 1 to 100 or the opposite, and have a fixation point (I think mine was the tip of the flame on a candle) then you repeat yourself calming/enhanced focusing words in your head until you are at 100. If it didn't work, I think I started again until I was successful. It was usually very good because you told your mind exactly what to do and repeated it until it did what you asked of it.

Like for exemple I just read a few things from wikihow and most self-hypnosis methods (and regular hypnosis methods for that matter) includes statements such as:

- You are no longer stressed
- You have no more anxiety
- You are now deeply relaxed
- You feel a floating sensation (or light as a feather)

Then you repeat those statements as many times as it takes until you enter your projection. Then eventually it all ends with you feeling heavier until you reach back to your body.
This is one of many methods, you may find a better one as you progress, but this is a good starting point.

Here: http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Self-Hypnosis
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Jdeadevil on January 01, 2015, 02:33:37
Hey guys,

I was meditating today in my living room, and I felt myself going deeper. I eventually got myself to a state where my ears were sensitive to sound. My dad was watching TV, so every time a louder noise happened on TV it felt like I was hearing it while just waking up. And then someone text my dad and his text-tone made me alert again. The exercise I was doing was purely mental, so no weird breathing patterns, just trying to make sure my breathing was kinda slow and deep. I remember once reading a healing method where you would imagine light coming into your body, and then spreading out all over healing you as you breathed out. So I wondered if this worked with getting sleepy, I would change the colour of the light to purple and felt myself going deeper and deeper with each of these slow breaths. I almost reached a bit of a trance.
You are doing great.   Just keep going.   When you get there you will know what to do.   You just need experience.