News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I want to thank those who are still here keeping the boards going

Previous topic - Next topic

omcasey

Over the years,

It seems a great many of the consciousness boards are moving toward into inactivity, and even deactivating entirely.

So I want to thank everyone who is still here keeping the flame alive. It is no easy feat keeping it all going. I notice the Astral Pulse is also not presently as active as it once was. Do you think this is because experience is advancing and there is no longer as many questions/questioners. Or because of a diminishing of collective experience for awhile. I know that following my own 4 year awakening, throughout which out of body experience was occurring near daily ( no exaggeration. my process was significant ) I underwent a 4 year acclimatizing phase wherein the focus shifted dramatically. Now I am back, only with the inside and outside nearing full synchronization.

Can someone give me a report of what is happening here. Perhaps over the last years.

Where is everyone now. collectively.

Casey

Volgerle

We had this discussion here a while ago and as far as I remember one valid argument is also that Social Media such as Facebook and also Reddit-Groups or similar did replace the 'old fashioned' forum/message-board like this one.

It is a younger generation thing so mostly the younger ones look there first. Facebook is pretty active with some AP groups.

I think this is sad and a bad development because real discussions don't take place there. It is more like a blog comment system and more of a short-attention span thing. Sign of the times maybe.  :|

omcasey

Hi Volgerle!

Thank you for the reply.

I agree, there is really no replacement for the forum/message boards. I am on Facebook, too, and contribute to many of the AP groups (including my own) but honestly they are not so active either. Memes, and chats hold the majority of the space. Very little of experience and the work -and like you said only so much can be said through that type of venue. Most experiencers and explorers I know do not like the social media, the draw seems to be that it's just where everyone is. I have recently begun trying to redraw attention back to the boards. Where we can (re)focus and get more seriously back to work.

I notice amongst my own circles, however, that a dwindling of experience is occurring - perhaps due to the less seriously focused outlets, and because of this I think they may feel more comfortable remaining with those formats. Not seeing the potential cause and effect wheel or the way out.

Was the lurker count always so high here at the Astral Pulse?

Of those who are still administrating and posting, as a group - where are you all now in your collective experience?

Has there been growth?

Nameless

Hi Casey and good question even though like Volgerle says above we have discussed this before and I think pretty much come to the stated conclusion over all.

As far as my personal experience there has always been an ebb and flow. Till only recently I had sort of a dry spell but I am certain that was due to my own overwhelming situation. I've lost a number of family within the last year which has taken it's toll. But the last week or so things are back to normal on the 'consciousness' front.

One thing that affects me and likely all the ones who are still on these forums is the lack of interest. We feel like we are writing to ourselves. And too there is the push toward video which try as I might it just is not the same with sketchy internet service and iffy computers and little know-how.

Long as I've been here there has always been a high lurker count. One of the highest I've seen compared to actual participation. We do still get a few new sign-ups but after asking a few questions they seem to find plenty to read so I think the AP is still very relevant and providing a great wealth of material.

(sigh) I miss the old days.
I
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

omcasey

Oh I am certain it is, Nameless..

It would be nice if more frequently a lurker would pop out and say hi. It would be nice to get an idea of who is here lurking.

I think you are hitting on something important when you say 'lack of interest'. To keep people interested a certain level of growth and expansion has to be taking place. This is why I am asking about how the collective experience of those here is evolving. Is there growth? an advancement in the level of understanding -of the information coming through your experiences? How deep, how direct, how real is it growing to be. What new skills, or level of skill is developing. What new services are patterning out of this?

A level of fear I feel is playing a part in the non-participation also.

High lurker counts can show this. As well as those who will not grow to video record or live-stream. This is all a part of our process, growing past our fears in order to get to the next level. I do wish more people would. and now. Tomorrow never comes. Somehow the information has to get out there in more real and life-like ways. in more real time.

I am certainly working hard, working diligently to help bring more people out into the open and into active participation.

I just feel it is of very great importance.

EscapeVelocity

Hello Casey,

I tried responding to this thread yesterday and my computer froze within the first sentence; re-booted and had no problem responding to a couple other threads so I knew enough to know that I needed to wait on this one.

Amongst the moderators, we have had discussions going back a few years as to the dwindling participation. As has been pointed out, it isn't just here, it is widespread within many areas of modern western society. There are no doubt many reasons, but a general disconnect seems apparent as well as an increasing number of distracting influences and the increasing need for instant feedback and gratification/recognition. Selfies come to mind.

So, we are challenged with keeping the subject fresh and inviting as best we can, for those new members who wish to participate; and continuing discussions with the longer term members who seek to grow and improve.

And within the forums and behind the scenes, we are a small but tight group who are definitely growing, each in his or her own individual way, but also in very supportive and reciprocating manners as well. Are we growing? Yes, most definitely. New skills, new understanding. And Life does pull some of us aside for a time, so others must need fill the gaps, so it is somehow done. Incredible friendships and bonds have been granted to me through the Pulse; these are, in ways, some of my greatest friends and closest allies, even though we haven't met physically. This website has been of indescribable value to me and my journey.

Personally, Life has recently given me space and time to try other modalities and during the last year I have taken courses at The Monroe Institute which have greatly benefited me; and I have tried to share some of that here.

So we do what we can do,
and we keep on keeping on

Thank you for your contributions here as well as elsewhere,
EV

Ps

Lumaza is experiencing computer issues and wished to comment on reasons why- Distractions!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Plume

:-D all I can say is I feel that I am burn out :roll: ... there is not one day that goes by that I wish I can have those great conversations I had on the EiC ,  the pace felt normal for me there . I write comments on face book and most get lost and frankly it is not the most focus place. now i say that but there is a few Facebook  friends that are totally devoted to have the best conversation when we get started . That was so important to be focus when I joined the forums in 2015 , I spend hours reading all the post and trying all the exercises with so much joy. Somehow my life seamed way more simple then...
There is definitely a sense of impatience and maybe even an energy that we may be experiencing that make us less focus and that could be our biggest challenge at this time.
I think that the crowds will move were ever it is convenient but for the fringe dwellers we may still lurk around the spaces call forums  :roll:
obviously with this conversation we can see that we all wondering the same thing but know where to come to go deeper if needed.
lets see ... i am not leaving even if life and work will pull me away for a short time .
A bientot ,
Plume

desert-rat

I do see a number of ap discussion groups on FB , but there closed and you cant read the comments with out being a member .  I have scene a number of forums go down over the years . I have a list I started in 2013 on SF , a number of them listed are no longer up .  Its in the members only sec. of the forum .  One that I relly loved was Steve Pavlinas forum , but He took it down in 2012 .  I can post more on that if asked , and I am sure we have some of that forums members hear .  I am a member of other forums and will post links if asked . 
SF http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/

omcasey

EV, Lumaza, Plume, Desert Rat..

Thank you for swinging by with a bit of your energy. It feels good. It feels like the old days.

Like Plume has said, it does seem life was simpler 5-10 years ago. And the boards were so filled with life, energy and excitement.

I feel I am committed at present to help in bringing this back. Even to any degree at all.

I miss EIC terribly, it was my home. my home away from home. extraordinary group of seasoned experiencers. just phenomenal.

Spiritual Forums is huge. I used to enjoy periodically going there but it was not exactly what I will call an energetic match. When I began the work with the crystals, connecting with galactic consciousness and bringing through their likeness, their 'portraits', SF could not believe it was real. I was accused of lying and faking the whole thing and they booted my posts from the board. I never felt the need to go back.

The boards I stay connected with are my own, EIC (although it is currently closed), The Astral Pulse, and Bring4th (this is Carla Rueckert's L/L Research, the Law of One boards). These are the friendly boards, and the ones I feel most energetically aligned.

It is really very good to see you all still here.

I would love to hear how your experiences are growing. Where you are now in your processes.

Casey

ForrestDean

I certainly miss the old forum days, especially from the first decade when there was tons of activity.  The Our Ultimate Reality forum was probably my most favorite place to discuss spirituality and metaphysics.  I was a little disappointed when it was shut down.  There was a ton of very useful information posted in that forum, and Adrian was always extremely helpful to everyone seeking answers, even to those who were more interested in debating him.  At least Adrian did keep the OUR site up and still contains all his articles which I'm thankful for.  I do miss his weekly newsletters though.  I'm also glad Adrian has chosen to keep The Astral Pulse site up, although he hasn't posted anything in here in about 7 years.  He does still run this site right?  I've noticed his "Last Active" status is usually pretty current.  I have to admit I don't post very often.  I seem to have become a bit of a lurker myself only stopping by every now and then.  However, I'm still learning, still experiencing, and I continue my explorations of consciousness on a daily and nightly basis.

The majority of forum sites I used to frequent have been shut down for various reasons.  I agree with most of the comments here as to why the participation has dropped so drastically in the last 10+ years.  People these days tend to favor the quick posting method as in Facebook and Twitter.  I also feel it may have to do with the ongoing shift in the global collective consciousness that appears to be increasing in frequency.  It would appear that most people these days are no longer looking for information or seeking answers but are only interested in giving it be it positive or negative.  The Internet has become more of a comment platform rather than a place for sharing valuable information in a categorized and organized fashion.   I have a Facebook account but I never use it and I can't even remember the last time I've been to my page.  I tried to get into it a few times in the beginning, but I could and still just can't get into that style of writing.

Volgerle

Quote from: ForrestDean on August 30, 2019, 03:10:21
The Internet has become more of a comment platform rather than a place for sharing valuable information in a categorized and organized fashion.   I have a Facebook account but I never use it and I can't even remember the last time I've been to my page.  I tried to get into it a few times in the beginning, but I could and still just can't get into that style of writing.
So true. Exactly the same for me. I've been there and still have an account and even created a page about AP books. However, honestly I can't get anything useful or practical out of Fakebook anymore.

Lumaza

Thanks EV for posting my reply. The word "distractions" basically says it all. We are being constantly trained to go faster, be faster, expect everything at our finger tips. My question has always been why? :roll: Go faster so we can do what? I see people speeding from here to there. I am told while waiting in a line how sorry the person is for me waiting. I always say I am not in any hurry at all. Yet, everyone around me is.

On the lurker count, I find the numbers/stats here on the Astral Pulse are deceiving. Case in point. Here are the current stats for September.
"
Monthly Summary
New Topics  9
New Members 2004
Most Online 866
Page views 2031065
September 2019

2004 new members. Where? I have only seen 2 new members posting here this month. I look at the who's currently online and what they are reading quite a bit. Many times, the same threads are being read. Very rarely do I see any guest actually reading a current post or thread. That would show me that there are a large number of "spam bots" targeting this Forum, as there are on many Forums.

Perhaps I am wrong and someone here can explain this to me. But the proof seems to be right in front of us. I have attempted in the past to get some of those "lurkers" to join our conversations, but unfortunately that fell on deaf ears.

I am grateful for the actual members that we have here, that still come and share in our discussions. I wish we could implement more of a collective group experience and experiments, but I see that everyone is doing and learning what they are supposed to be learning at this current time.

So, we keep on keeping on here. We may be a small group now, but there is much respect here to be had, at least I feel that. I love reading all your experiences. I love reading someone that is sharing some new technique. Many times I will divert from my own technique just to try their new one.

I have a tip for those that are attempting to experience a NP reality scenario via Phasing. While noticing the darkness before your eyes or whatever it is you may be currently visualizing, when you get the urge/prompt to readjust your vision, fight that urge. When you do, you will find your focus almost instantly in the 3D dark zone/the void. From there, make a intent and go explore. This urge can come across quite quickly. Sometimes it can be a few minutes or even seconds, other times it can be much longer. But through my own constant daily experimenting, I have found that that is the actual "trigger" that opens up the "Mind's eye" viewing.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

MarsZM

fb groups on this subject were a disaster. I saw so many people arguing etc... i dropped fb and haven't been back. everybody knows how to contact me... and i would rather just hang out and read stuff on the pulse
John Kody, ere :) love from new york area

Xanth

Quote from: MarsZM on December 02, 2019, 07:02:36
fb groups on this subject were a disaster. I saw so many people arguing etc... i dropped fb and haven't been back. everybody knows how to contact me... and i would rather just hang out and read stuff on the pulse
Yeah, definitely stay far away from Facebook when it comes to this subject.
You simply can't have a meaningful discussion there without vast quantities of slag being tossed around.
It's quite a verbally violent platform.  :)

Volgerle

Quote from: Xanth on December 02, 2019, 12:59:24
You simply can't have a meaningful discussion there without vast quantities of slag being tossed around.
It's quite a verbally violent platform.  :)
Only second to Twitter which is even worse.  :wink:
Someone also likened to reading public toilet walls. Seems fitting. :lol:

MarsZM

Quote from: Xanth on December 02, 2019, 12:59:24
It's quite a verbally violent platform.  :)

Not only that but the rubbish that was being said there had so many people confused. like you would hear someone ask why they were twitching during trying to get in the theta state and someone would say "FIRST STAGE OF POSSESSION" lol... there is someone who isn't likely to get out of body anytime soon xD I would bring up the point to people that their consciousness isn't inside their body and just give my two cents on stuff... and they would tell me I need jesus and stuff. On the pulse people can have an actual discussion. cool people here too always has been... I have never felt better dropping all social media! I just use youtube and maybe one day I will upload some gaming videos but I just use it for playlists... I also have practiced not reading youtube comments on any videos I watch.

Volgerle - lol I like that :D twitter is brutal too!
John Kody, ere :) love from new york area

interception

Long time lurker here. I came to the Pulse during the leading edge echoing energies and posts of a explorer called Frank. Those were interesting times.

Anyway, thanks to all the wonderful people keeping the flame burning here! It is appreciated.

Lumaza

Quote from: interception on May 20, 2020, 18:20:43
Long time lurker here. I came to the Pulse during the leading edge echoing energies and posts of a explorer called Frank. Those were interesting times.

Anyway, thanks to all the wonderful people keeping the flame burning here! It is appreciated.
Welcome back!  :-)

I would have loved to be here in the era of Frank. I have read all his posts here a number of times. When I joined years ago here, this Forum was active with some greats in Bedeekin, Contenteo, Szaxx, Major Tom, Xanth, CFTraveller and many others. It's died down quite a bit in the last few years. Forums seem to be a dying breed in today's World.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

interception

Quote from: Lumaza on May 20, 2020, 20:10:38
Welcome back!  :-)

I would have loved to be here in the era of Frank. I have read all his posts here a number of times. When I joined years ago here, this Forum was active with some greats in Bedeekin, Contenteo, Szaxx, Major Tom, Xanth, CFTraveller and many others. It's died down quite a bit in the last few years. Forums seem to be a dying breed in today's World.

Thanks so much Lumaza!  That is a shame though, because forums are such a great medium for interesting ideas. I learned a lot here and trolls were kept to the minimum for the most part.

Yes, like many here probably, I only use facebook when I absolutely have to. Like when a friend posts a picture of their newborn potato shaped baby or whatever and I will kind of have to at least open it and look and "like" the thing. I do not use facebook or twitter or reddit all that much and certainly not for anything related to informational metaphysical pursuits.

I guess we are just getting old, haha