News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I'm so annoyed by this.

Previous topic - Next topic

Kzaal

So I was watching an old video on Yin and Yang like 5-6 months ago.
And I started arguing with this guy, who's probably still in high school (No idea).
But anyway, he's atheists and it gets entertaining as we go through our point of views.
This whole conversation is LONG (92) comments as I am writing this, with lots of lines (almost 30-40 lines) each comments.
Generally, I don't talk about discussions I have on youtube, but this guy's been going on and on.
As we are speaking he's still asking me questions and trying to wear me down, and break any beliefs I have.
At times I thought he was a troll but some things just makes me think he's too young to even be open minded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezmR9Attpyc

Here's the video, his nickname is DeathLordFhyeg in the comments sections.
I was SnippyXD in the beginning but since the discussion been going for so long I changed my name to Jebediah Kerman for my love of Kerbal Space Program.
He's not a bad guy, but he doesn't let anything come in touch with him spiritually.
I'm just having a discussion with him, maybe an aggressive kind of discussion, but I do my best to respect him as a person having a different point of view.

If you have the time and wish to maybe, give me hints or tell me what I'm doing right or wrong.
Or simply tell me to stop trying to open his mind to all the beauties of life.

-Should I keep on the discussion or should I let go and feel like I didn't do anything?
-If I keep going, how can I make him realize that there's nothing wrong with having beliefs or having an open mind?

The thing is right now I told him, I'd stop talking to him if he kept insulting my beliefs again and he just did.
Of course, I would like you to read all the comments on youtube before commenting here.
Oh! And check the video at the same time it was a good video.

Basically it's kind of a Science vs Imagination or Philosophy vs Technology discussion.
Have a good read! :D

Kzaal
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.

Kzaal

After thinking about all that stuff I think I came to a good conclusion and good arguments just so people like us don't get their beliefs broken by anyone.
When you hold something dear I think the best way to show it is by protecting it.

Have a good day everyone!

TheWolfofDreams

In my opinion. Everyone is one their own path, and unless you are READY to find the truth, it's not worth trying. Everyone will be ready one day.

It's noble you want to open people up tho.

TheWolfofDreams

But that guy is WAY too closed minded, he doesn't understand human history or basic facts about civilization.

Let the dude trump up on his high horse.

Kzaal

Haha... yeah he is quite stubborn. Well, I knew I had to do something at least try to make him conscious that he's is not an empty vessel like some people said.
I mean this guy must not feel well inside so that was my first intuition.
But earlier I just really got tired and wrote everything of what I thought down.
I didn't like it when I was stuck in the atheist stage where nothing means nothing lol.
I hope he catches up before he hit a wall and depression.

Xanth

Quote from: TheWolfofDreams on September 02, 2014, 20:08:20
Let the dude trump up on his high horse.
I think this is the important point.

Let others believe whatever they want to believe... let them share whatever they want to share.  It's of no consequence to you.

Don't berate others' perspectives, simply share your own with the world and whoever wants to listen.

This is why you'll very rarely see me "debate" or "discuss" here on the forums, because not many people are here to actually do so.
This is also why you'll never here me say someone's perspective is wrong.  What I will do is simply share my perspective with whoever wants to read it.  If they want to understand further, they'll ask.

Let the dude trump up on his high horse.  :)

Kzaal

Hahaha yeah I guess it's always better to do nothing than to make it worse.
Good thinking Xanth.

Dreamshards

I am not trying to be rude but it sounds like you have wasted too much energy on this guy.

Szaxx

Look within yourself.
Anyone on a high pedestal will fall if its foundation isn't justified.
Remember this and your mind stays free of content.
Perhaps the fall will awaken a silent tongue in his case :wink:

You're a better person. :-D
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Kzaal

That's so true, now I see it.
It's like trying to put electricity in a house when you don't know how to do the wiring.
I should've thought about this hahaha thanks Szaxx

TheWolfofDreams

Everybody grows and awakens differently and at different times. On our own. Like I said, it's noble you want to help, and I wish I could just awaken everyone. However, my talks with my father who isn't too close-minded, just very realist and in the moment, have taught me two things. I found that people have a hard time to accept a faith when they have none and sometimes a harder time to accept this belief over that of their current religion.

And thanks for bringing up my high horse comment, I liked it a lot when I said it. XD
The Ego feeding on me here.

Luthor

Haven't read his comments but let it go, life's too short to argue with idiots. :-)

Kzaal

Yeah I've already stopped talking to him anyway, he will learn by himself.