News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Insane heart beats, Shortness of breath, and the third eye!?

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMinimal

I am not sure if something is wrong with me but for a while now every once and a while it gets somewhat harder to breathe.. usually happens when I purposely focus on my breathe which is almost all the time. Also sometime everyday I would experience the feeling of my heart beating like crazy! its not necessarily fast but it can defiantly feel it and it is not pleasant. My last but not least concern is this ridiculous feeling of pressure I would get right between my eyebrows.. I ust to get that feeling a lot when I would meditate more often but now I am back at it and so is this feeling. Can anyone explain to me why this is happening?

astraladdict

First, go get your heart and breathing checked out by a doctor. The pressure you are feeling on your brow chakra, is from the chakra opening.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

Summerlander

He doesn't need to go to a doctor.  What he experiences is quite normal and has a mundane explanation.  The release of adrenaline can cause palpitations and a change in body temperature.  It actually goes against what he is trying to achieve but it can happen to any of us.  The activation of such symptoms are linked to the amygdala, which is associated with fear, fight-or-flight sensations, and other emotional reactions.

It is also difficult to take control of breathing when you are trying to keep calm as your body pumps the adrenaline.  Also, in SP, a person is suppose to focus on the mental and forget the physical.  Focusing on breathing at such stage will tamper with the algorythms of unconscious breathing at work.  Pressure is then felt (normally at the chest area).

The pressure between your eyebrows could have something to do with the anterior commissure that connects the two amygdala, the temporal lobes, and play a role in the lateralisation of brain function.  Hence, the pressure might have been a symptom of the autonomic responses stimulated by neural processes.

It is also possible that through meditation you have strengthened the connection between both hemispheres.  The anterior commissure are fibres that run through the corpus callosum:

My two cents, MrMinimal, but if you prefer the chakra theory explanation, so be it.

astraladdict

Next time i get a boo boo i'm talking to you  :-D There he goes, he has both a metaphysical reason and a scientific reason.

~astraladdict

Summerlander

Sorry  :-D

I think the metaphysical and the physical are both part of nature and interconnect anyway.  Maybe the chakra also plays a role, but physically, those are the manifest possibilities.

astraladdict

yes, i also think that the physical and the metaphysical are connected some way as well.

~astraladdict

Lionheart

Many times when I am deep in a session I notice that my physical body will do a deep breathe. At first it used to bother me. But I realize that when in the the phase your physical body does what it needs and if that is to take a deep breathe then so be it. When I finish a session my brow chakra is normally vibrating for the next couple of hours. Lately it hasn't stopped buzzing at all. Kind of like a perm-buzz. Has anyone else experienced this?

MrMinimal

Wow thanks alot for that explanation! It does somewhat feel like a watered down version the fight or flight feeling.. but I really would like for it to go away. Whenever I cant breathe properly I get quite lightheaded and it makes it hard to function. It could be related to my chakras because my are in really bad shape. I plan on seeing a reiki master soon, unless I could be taught this stuff.

spark

Hello.  What you are saying sounds like common chakra activity.  Of course, however, I cannot be certain.  But, it does sound like it, especially since it is occurring from increased meditation.  Anyway, heart chakra activity can feel very much like a heart beat.  It can be intense and unnerving too ... well, at the initial stages.  For me, my chakras all "activated" about 2.5 years ago.  It was a bit difficult initially -- i.e., for a few weeks.  I basically found balance -- i.e., was able to keep things under control and to settle things down -- by essentially relaxing and going with the flow so to speak AND by focusing my attention elsewhere.  So, e.g., if my heart chakra was going strongly, I would relax and perhaps pick up a book to read, or refocus on something different.  Anyway, i also saw a comment from someone (Lionheart or something) about long lasting buzzing.  yes, that is common.  I tend to buzz a lot at certain times ... in different places ... its all very common.  It also was a bit freaky at first, and I kind of worried that it could lead to problems since it was very intense sometimes.  but, you can moderate that too ... just like the chakra stuff above.  Anyway, good luck.  Take it slow and easy ...

MrMinimal

Your right spark, I am certain it is my heart chakra then.. Every time I focus my attention else where it goes away

spark

Hi.  that's great.  as an fyi, things can get more interesting from there too.  you can start to feel energy from others, etc., too.  for me, the heart chakra is very involved in that.  try focusing on someone with your heart chakra and feeling love, etc.  you might start to notice variations in how your heart chakra feels with different people.  i would recommend to do that with folks you know and care about.  also, they don't necessarily have to be nearby to you ... anyway, there is much to come ... have fun and take it slow and easy.