News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Love an illusion?

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic Cloud

From my own experience I would say that there is only one
'force' from which ALL our emotions and feelings originate.
Some may call it love, some may call it something else, doesn't
matter...

As a metaphor you could take the Light wave for an example:

In the light wave you got the Electromagnetic wavelength, which
has most energy, then as you go downwards energywise you get to
the different visible Light wavelengths. Blue,green and the last
comes red light.

In my opinion the same goes for feelings AND thoughts. There are
high energy emotions and low energy emotions, but the essence is still
the same.
If we compare us to infinitely small,
that will make us infinitely big,
but if we compare
ourselves to infinitely
big, it will make us infinitely small.
What is our size again?

Veccolo

Well, what is an "illusion" in your opinion? If it's a brain thing? Then it could be an illusion.

http://www.wireheading.com/delgado/

"In our own experience, pleasurable sensations were observed in three patients with psychomotor epilepsy. The first case was V.P., a 36-year-old female with a long history of epileptic attacks which could not be controlled by medication. Electrodes were implanted in her right temporal lobe and upon stimulation of a contact located in the superior part about thirty millimeters below the surface, the patient reported a pleasant tingling sensation in the left side of her body "from my face down to the bottom of my legs." She started giggling and making funny comments, stating that she enjoyed the sensation "very much." Repetition of these stimulations made the patient more communicative and flirtatious, and she ended by openly expressing her desire to marry the therapist. Stimulation of other cerebral points failed to modify her mood and indicated the specificity of the evoked effect. During control interviews before and after ESB, her behavior was quite proper, without familiarity or excessive friendliness."

I don't know how credible this is, but it's interesting nontheless. (Just for the records: This site doesn't necessarily reflect my own views on this subject)

IMO love is nothing universal. It's not even the most powerful emotion we have (again, imo).
I don't do much, and I do it well.

kiauma

Love is life.

Love is the emergence of the butterfly from the chrysalis.  Love is the death of the caterpiller, and Love is the chrysalis which nurtures, then falls away discarded.

Love is our little blue planet coming out of the harsh cold empty vastness of space.

Love is the ability of each of us to hold our own reality, make our own choices, and experience the consequences.

Love is the beauty in all things.

Love is the 'is-ness' of all things.

Love is.
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

Reality

Love is the collective noun of all that relates with positive feelings?

Reality[8D]

Rob

"I mean, if you say you love with wife, mother, girlfriend etc...You really love them for how they make you feel"

By that logic any positive act you do is a selfish act, as you are only fulfiling your own intent (to give an emotional or mental reaction when done). Same with any emotion. IMO this is a silly argument [:D].

"Is love just an emotion / sensation that you can create even without having a mother, girlfriend, wife."

JUST an emotion? Hey, thats your interpretation! Besides, emotions don't just stay "in there" with you anyway, they spread out from you as well. And yes (I agree??) that it is possible to create any emotion without a necessary outside impretus (eg not "I will feel love for myself because of <this>" but "I will feel love" and then just FEEL it). I actually read a book or article or something which said that this is impossible - but thats BS!

One other thing - I think its different for everyone. The "hollywoodised" version of love left me confused for a while, until I figured hey, each to their own! There are two types of love I know - relationship-wise and all encompassing spreading out unconditional like. I think they might be related to different chakras (solar plexus - possessing rapture, heart - unconditional)

Rob
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

nrishiraj

What is Love? I mean, if you say you love with wife, mother, girlfriend etc...You really love them for how they make you feel. You may not love them as a person (does that make sense?). Is love just an emotion / sensation that you can create even without having a mother, girlfriend, wife. As the mind is that powerful I'm sure you can create those LOVE feelings.

Just a thought.