News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

InvisibleLight Astral Projection On-Line Chat Room

Previous topic - Next topic

David Warner

Ap Friends,

I'm thinking of creating a chat room where AP members can discuss Astral Projection, the science, validation, religious experiences. I have not seen anything here in the AP forums except for the AP Island. I would like to get the community a little more active in "live time" interaction.

If I see enough interest and a "Show of Hands" I will put this through.

Please advise.

Tvos
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

Jazket

I thought of a Chat Module for your site the first time I came here, cause it really help your members have interactivity within them; I could be helpful; if you would accept it, I could help you with the installation of a "Shoutbox" in your site. I've got one in an old clan site I made for an old friend of mine (its php-nuke based); I still got those files needed, I don't know if your site is nuke based, so i don't know if it would work.

Good Idea :smile:

David Warner

Ap Friends,

The chat room is up and running. Here's the link:
http://invisiblelight.us/tinc?key=mMLrQ9lv&channel=107327

Feel free to coordinate group times, or just to hang out and discuss out of body experiences/phasing/astral projection blah, blah, blah...

Thank You,

Tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

crimsonwolf

Ive tried to join but both firefox and IE close when I try to get in.

David Warner

don't know.. it worked the first time for me when joining.. also, you  have to java installed on your pc in order for it to work...

tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

SpeaK

Well, I'm still keeping up the #astralpulse channels on IRCnet and QuakeNet, so feel free to join there if you wish.

The easiest way to join in, is going to http://webchat.xs4all.nl/cgi-bin/ircnet/irc.cgi. Insert your nickname, and to the channel insert #astralpulse. (without the dot ;))

You can also get some IRC-client to join. mIRC is a good option, so check out  http://www.mirc.com/ for more info.

Don't wonder if you see my nick there (SpeaK), and I won't answer you. It's just my computer online. If I do answer, that means I'm really online.

David Warner

SpeaK,

That's cool this is already setup but RIC - you need the client installed (download) and this is accessible via internet explorer with java installed. We need one contact location where everyone should know about. Either my site or the irc site.. Only problem is with IRC there are too many people out there hacking info. from other people's machines - too much risk. I still need to find out more info. about the security with this that is offered Thur my web provider, but is less unsecure because its meant only for text typing and no ports/file transfers are allowed..

Tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

SpeaK

Please read my post again, the voice of silence. :) (or maybe I misunderstood you, can't say)
You need no clients installed, if you just use the webchat @  http://webchat.xs4all.nl/cgi-bin/ircnet/irc.cgi. Go there with your browser, instert your nickname and type #astralpulse for channel.

Also, I haven't heard of any security issues with IRC. If you really feel unsecure about using it, I'd say webchat would be the most secure way. (though I haven't heard of really any security issues with clients like mIRC either) Been using IRC for some years now, and never seen or heard of anyone who'd been hacked through IRC.

Of course I can't be certain, but well, I feel I'm very secure while on IRC.

David Warner

SpeaK,

I will check out the channel you have setup on irc. I was a avid user of IRC when I started in 1990 and basically dropped off the face of existence of irc around in 1997. Every now and then I make a guest appearance, but I'll tell you that a person that I was on-line with at the time was able to pull my name, place of employment, the computer I was using. IMO - this is not a safe means of communication when its that easy to do. I am not trying to convert everyone over to my chat site, but giving opportunity for groups to discuss and meet.

Food for thought...

Tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

Grigori

Quote from: the voice of silence... a person that I was on-line with at the time was able to pull my name, place of employment, the computer I was using.
Uh that has nothing to do with IRC you can do that with an IP address and a little sleuthing.

Um I'm going to send you a pm 'cause I think you are displaying more information than you intended.

David Warner

Grigori,

This happened about 5years ago when I was at work. The company I worked for had their firewall security setup. The person was able to read my pc #, external and internal sub-net ip address. Still not cool!

Anyways, I sent you an email reply and thank you for letting me know about that.

Tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

Nay

I used to visit the Astral Pulse chat room and never saw anyone else.  *sigh*  I'll try again, but in my opinion...Messenger rules. :grin:

Nay

David Warner

Nay,

I know the feeling - you try to get everyone setup with time,date and organize a big meeting then no one shows... what gives?? I think if people want to use the chat room cool! If not then msn im or irc is fine too... Maybe we can have some extension on AP that links to a chat room ??

Tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

Grigori

Well the trick with chatrooms is you first need to schedule an event that everyone will be interested in. Things like realtime telepathy experiments, RVing exercise etc. There is a lot of initial resistance because people don't really know each other and need something to discuss the first time they meet.

Once people get to know each other chatrooms can get quite busy especially if you start a weekly meeting time.

Oh another nice way to get a chatroom going is to have special guests like maybe Adrian discussing his book or integrate it with an internet radio show like with shoutcast and play brainwave presets and ask for peoples opinions. Anyone can run a show and people can both listen and chat and it really is a lot of fun :D

David Warner

I could be the special guest...:)

but that is interesting and makes sense. I don't know about the other chat room that is setup through irc and if it has any traffic. We should all set up a time/date to meet to discuss this further.

tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

Grigori

Quote from: the voice of silenceI could be the special guest... :)

Go for it! :grin:  But don't bother with trying to get people to have a meeting  :roll: Just setup an event that people will be interested in, make a post that will give atleast one weeks notice and if the thread gets enough interest just run the event. Usually after 2 or 3 events other people will want to run their own and then the chat will be established :grin: