News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Is Someone There?

Previous topic - Next topic

cainam_nazier

How long have you been there? And how long have you been living with this other person?

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

jilola

I had a similar experience once when I moved to a new place.
After a while I got fed up wwith the whole thing and stood in th emiddle of the room and made it clear that the place was now my home and that it would be wise to **** *** right now.
Didn't have any problems after that.
I think it was my subconscious playing tricks because of the new and still unfamiliar surroundings.

This may or may not be relevant to your situation but somethig to think about especially if you have only recently moved or if the other person has just moved in.

2cents

jouni

WalkerInTheWoods

I moved into this place around the middle of April this year. I have lived with this person for about 3 years. I have had no trouble from this "shadow". The only "contact" I have had with this thing, if it is anything, as been what I have said here. I have never felt anything bad or negative when this has occured. I have not had a chance to project since I have lived in this place, so I have not explored it on the astral, though usually when I project I am not in the place my physical body is in.

I do not know if this has anything to do with this "shadow" that I have asked about but since you asked about how long I have lived here this sort of popped into my head. When we first moved into this house, for several weeks I would wake up in the middle of the night and see faces and eyes. Not when I would open my eyes but like those images you can get when trying to project or when falling asleep. They would fade if I willed them too, which I usually did because I was sleepy and did not think about exploring these until I woke up more that morning. Like I said this may not be connected or mean anything, but sort of popped into my head since you seem to be indicating that being new to this place might have something to do with it.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

jilola

The reason I asked is that if we accept the existence of sentient beings on the astral plane then could this not be a case of marking one's territory.
Could it be that whatever you saw initially were local entities making themselves know and after some time they don't consider you a rival anymore causing you to see only the occasional glimpse.

Will you post more on this phenomenon when you do project. If it's a territorial type thing I'd expect you'll encounter something.

2cents

jouni

Tisha

Every time you move into a new home, you should cleanse it.   Unless, of course, you WANT to keep company with all the energy patterns built up by it's previous inhabitants!

Try to distinguish between "shells" and actual sentient beings.  Energy patterns are often just "shells". . . meaning, the light's on but no one is home.  However, if you connect with this form and feel some kind of  . . . hm . . . soul there for lack of a better term, you might actually have a real visitor.

The method to use to cleanse your home depends on how strong your mind is.  A powerful mind can walk into a room and think it clean and WHOOSH it's done.  Then, there are the REST of us . . . let me know if you'd like a more elaborate ritual for cleansing and blessing your new home.  I'll send it to your private inbox.  At Harry Potter's school of wizardry, I would have gotten an "A" for it!  Or so a Wiccan priest told me once.

After your house is clean and blessed, you may or may not see this shadow following you about.  If he/it is still there, it may just be your Dweller in the Shadows, and trust me, he/it is ALWAYS there for us, it's just that most of us don't see him/it.  He/it is looking after you like a toddler's mum, trying to make sure you don't run with scizzors or otherwise hurt yourself.  Leave him a gift on a small table before you go to bed . . . a flower, some food, a shot of whiskey, perhaps.  He could turn itno a great ally for you.

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

cainam_nazier

I had asked how long you have lived there because it could simply be a spirit or ghost if you prefer.  Your average run of the mill spirit tends to take a few weeks before actually showing up after you move into a place.  Think of it as it needing time to get used to you.  Negative spirits inhabiting a location usually don't waste any time in revealing themselves or thier intent, which most of the time is get out.

If it is indeed just a resident spirit you have several options.  
1.  You could just learn to live with it.  
2.  You could actually try communication.  Find out what it is doing there.  If there is no responce check for timed movment, ie, the same thing at the same time, every day/night.  This would classify as a risidual haunting.  Example: A person gets up everyday and makes coffee, does this for 50 years and then dies.  But still gets up every morning at the same time and makes coffee.
    If you do get a responce then maybe you could find out why it is still here and help it to finish crossing.
3.  You could just try "claiming the house" or banishing the entity
4.  Me personally if it is not disturbing the household I would use the chance to maybe do some studying first and the try communication.  It could turn into a positive experience.  But you must also remember to be carefull as it could also go the other way.

But to me just because something appears to dark, black, or shadowy does not mean it is bad.  Spirits, like people, come in all colors and kinds.

David Rogalski

WalkerInTheWoods

I do not think I would want to banish any spirit if that is what this is, atleast not yet. I mean, to me it seems kind of rude and mean to just throw a spirit out if it is not bothering you. I have not felt that this has any ill feelings towards me, and just because I have only seen a dark thing I have not assumed it to be negative or evil or anything like that. If I wanted to communicate with this, how would I do that? Should I just try projecting or are there other ways?

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

cainam_nazier

Well, communication.

You could try projecting and trying to stay in the house.  

You could also just try talking to it or thinking to it.

Then there is nothing like a good sayonse (sp?).

I would suggest talking to it first.  But however the responces may not be audiable.  Get a tape recorder 1st.  Ask you questions or say what ever you want to say and record the question and wait about a min. or long enough for a normal responce.  (Keeping the recording device going ofcourse.)  Then stop the tape and play it back.  Listen for anything.   I would not ask for any signs that it is there or for it to do anything.  Think how you would feel if some one wanted you to prove you were real.

You may not get a responce the first time.  It could take several sessions to get anything at all.  How ever if you are sure something is there then continue.  Keep in mind that it needs time to get used to you just as you need time to get used to it.

Also if your room mate is into this kind of stuff too I would suggest doing it together.  If not then try and find some one who is.  Things like this should rarely be done alone.  Not at first anyway.

Other signs to look for incase of actual activity.  
Misc items moved.  As in things not being were you left them.
Odd distractions.  Like the door bell ringing and no one there.  Odd knocks to get you to investigate.
Late night phone calls with no one there.
Losing things like keys, wallets, and/or daily use items.

Some times spirits will form attachments to the people living in the house.  I do not mean like energy attacments but emotional ones.  They will do things like ring the door bell when you are trying to get ready for work because they don't want you to leave.  Or take the penut butter when you are making a sandwich because they are playing.  Most of the time all you have to do is ask for the item back and it will return. Most likely in a spot it shouldn't be.  Or if it is something like the doorbell thing just say that you need to go but you will be back and so on.  However you should not allow it to disrupt your normal life.

I would be most interested in hearing about any responces or activity that you get.

David Rogalski

WalkerInTheWoods

Thank you for all the information. I did not have time this weekend to try to make any kind of contact and I did not see any shadows.

You said to look for things like a door bell ringing. Well I do not have a door bell but this does deal with the door. I will hear a noise that sounds like the front door is opening. The front door has a unique sound when it opens and closes as it has this metal seal. Not sure how to describe it, there are these pieces of metal that stick up at an angle from the frame. When the door closes it pushes this metal down making a metalic popping sound. It makes this sound when it opens as well. I usually only hear this sound at night when I am getting ready to go to bed. I have always figured it was just house settling noises, but for the life of me I have not been able to figure out how it is making this sound. I have tried pushing and pulling on the door when it is closed and it will not make the sound. The only time I have been able to make the sound is when it is opening and closing. Well this weekend I woke up in the middle of the night to hear this sound, only it could not have been the house settling as it did it several times as if the front door was being opened and closed two to four times. Usually this only happens for a second quickly like house settling sounds. At first I thought it was just a noise but it kept it up so I thought someone might be trying to get into the house. I got up and checked it out, the door was shut and the chain on it was secure. Here is the thing. The door knob is broken so that you cannot open the door from the outside. I am not sure if it was some kind of spirit or what, but it was an odd occurance none the less.

There was something else that happened but I have to check on some things as I think it has a reasonable explanation.

cainam_nazier

At first glace I would have to say if this is a spirit it may not know it is so.  You know what I mean?  Often what is recorded is that when a spirit is stuck in some rut of often repeating the same process over and over the are un-effected by the current physical situation of the location that they are in.  As locked doors, obsticles, and such are not an issue.  However the sounds of say a door opening is still made even though it is currently lock and/or broken.  
When a spirit is considered "aware" of its state and location it tends to interact with the eviroment.  In order to detirmine which is the case you will need to witness an event.  Like as hearing the door while looking at it and seeing it not move or watching the chain be removed and the door opened.

David Rogalski
http://www.prepaidliving.com/vip/David127385

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by Tisha:

He/it is looking after you like a toddler's mum, trying to make sure you don't run with scizzors or otherwise hurt yourself.  Leave him a gift on a small table before you go to bed . . . a flower, some food, a shot of whiskey, perhaps.  He could turn itno a great ally for you.

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"

I love your style, Tish.

Yours,
Frank

Ashfo

I've actually recently had the same experience....

Over the last two weeks its started, but ive been here for about 3 years.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

WalkerInTheWoods

I am not sure about posting this, but everyone here seems to be pretty helpful and I think there are a few here that can give me a little info. For the past few weeks while at my current house every now and then out of the corner of my eye I will catch a glimse of something. Something because I have never really seen it. Usually I will be turning around and it is like something is running off and I just see it for a split second out of the corner of my eye. All I have seen is something black, like a shadow. I have been dismissing this as just my imagination. But after last night I am wondering. Last night I laid down to go go sleep and soon after I heard someone in the hall. I rolled over and looked and saw a dark figure walk by the door. Now let me say that I have terrible eye sight, plus the hall was dark. A little light filters in to be able to see some things, but no details. So all I saw was a dark figure that was blurry, along with all the usual blurry things I see without my glasses. I figured it was the person I am living with. But I never heard them go anywhere after that. I figured maybe they are going to the bathroom or to get a drink of water. But I never heard anything in the bathroom, which is right across the hall, or any water or anything going on in the kitchen. When asked they said that they only got up at about 4am for a minute. This took place around midnight, unless I was just really tired and lost track of time. I am not jumping to conclusions on this. I would just like a little input if anyone would like to comment on this. Thanks.