News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Jobs?

Previous topic - Next topic

muzza

Currently doing web development but moving over into software development for the telecommunications industry! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

-- Muzza

cainam_nazier

I am a Stationary Engineer.  Which to put basically is a glorified maintenanve man.  I work at a hospital.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

Qui-Gon Jinn

I am working as a private tennis coach/teacher, as well as in a place where people places bets (horses, football, icehockey etc etc.) - a "betstore" in lack of other words...  

A luego ;) (correct Felix?) //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

cainam_nazier

We call'em Bookies in the US.

Your not one of those you know "Tennis Guys" who moves in on the rich, disgruntled, deprived housewife are you?

David Rogalski

Qui-Gon Jinn

Let´s go with bookie...    as a matter of cat cainam, I am one of those..  ;)  Why work when you can simply make a move on a "rich, disgruntled, deprived housewife"?´  
 If you have trouble with your serves, sliced backhands and volleys, give me a holler mate!   Just don´t ask me to teach you hit a forehand, I suck on forehands ;)   That´s why I didn´t follow in Edberg´s (know him?) footstep.......  although his forehand suck to...  enough about tennes....
 I forgot mention the other job I do occasionally, it is for the "bookie company" as well but not the "traditional" piece of work (well on Sicily (sp?) it may be) - you have to keep quiet about this though...  I break a bone or two on people who owe the company money and can´t/won´t pay....   how is that for spiritual work Ashfo?  

Except from that, I am really a nice guy.........  ;)

Be well //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Fenris

Im a casual worker for Woolworths, which does not go down to well because I can get fairly compasionate about the explotation of workers. I often deface profit posters in the staff room with comments like "if we have this increased profit why are our hours always being decreased". They incite  the angry  masses for a short period and then disapear.

Of course none of the important people  know that it is me and I have heaps of responsibility put on me like management, stock ordering and various important computer things. Maybe not for to much longer though because yesturday I had to do something called the download. I dont know what it is but it has to do with the fresh food departments (bakery, deli, meat). Anyway you have to ask the department managers if they are ready to have theirs done, and the deli manager didn't give a yes or no answer, and well I interpreted her answer incorrectly. Apparently by starting it early I could have lost a few grand of afternoon trading!!!! I dont find out until later this week. I dont care to much though I mean they can yell a lot but they cant legally fire me, and I dont really care about their profit (apparently my and other workers contribution to making profit does not benefit us anyway).

Appart from that Im full time uni and I just cant wait to become a Paramedic!!! Now there is a job you can be proud of. Helping others in need and not being a part of some blood/soulless multinational. No offence to those who proudly work for bloodless multinationals. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

To me being a Paramedic is a spiritual carer, but that is because of my beliefs and viewpoint.

Veni Vidi Vici

cainam_nazier

Qui-Gon -

Well you know every jog has it's down side.

If you don't mind me asking, and if you do you won't hear another thing about it.  But how did you end up getting into that?  From your posting it does not seem like it is in you.

David Rogalski

Joe

Fenris - I can dig the Woolies work - I used to be a storemen for Best & Less when I was going through school. Sucked bigtime. BTW - what made you want to be a paramedic in particular? I can't handle blood/gore, unless it's Stephen King http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>. I am totally the opposite - deeply capitalist and centre right politically ("Workers' rights - what workers' rights?" http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>). By day, an analyst/programmer and management consultant, by night a currency trader. I have a few friends who are nurses, community workers and social leftists, and we have many heated discussions on society's ills. I grew up on the poverty line and am one of those evangelical "You want money - get a job!" type of people. Takes all sorts, I guess.

Grenade01

Im a college student.
Used to want to major in chemistry.  I love chemistry ...but I just dont have the memory for all those terms and reaction combinations.. Ugh...especially when they involve H20.

Right now Im very interested in religion (as a history .....)  but I'm not going to major in it as I dont really see what I can do besides be a teacher.

Considering going into the Xray tech / Mri tech field..seems to pay well and be in high demand..I could do with a biology degree I think.  I figure it may not be the most fun in the world, but I can have plenty of fun and freedom with the money.  Im really a pretty "take it easy" type person, I only worry about money for the family which I some day hope to raise.  If I had no intention of raising a family in ten or so years, or didnt have my current girlfriend who I'm sure I'll marry, then I would probably be slacking off way to much.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/You must try some of my purple berries.
I've been eating them for 6 or 7 weeks now, haven't got sick once.
Prolly keep us both alive.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

bitsmart

I was going to college for Recording Arts, but that plan fell through. I went through a rehab and now I work here doing clerical stuff. I'll probably go back to school one day, probably for computers cuz they come to me so naturally. And of course, I compose electronic music. I'll post on the forum when I have my album put online in a few days.

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

Fenris

HEY HEY!!!

Joe (aka capitalist pig http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>)

Being a paramedic just makes sence, my calling I guess. I was hoping to try and get into the Queensland Ambulance next year and drop my uni course but apparently it is damm near imposible for a under 21 year old to get in. I guess that is a pretty logical safety net however...

If you wanted a more deep routed psychological answer it is probalby because I justify my own worth by being needed and helpfull. I am not really  botherd by gore and I thrive under preasure. So I guess it all fits nicely.

Look foward to a vicous biting scratching whats wrong with the world argument. Hey why dont we start a new thread! How about ill start you off by saying that devoting ones life to profit and wealth is shallow and meaningless http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

catch ya later buddy!

Best regards
from Z FENRIS

Veni Vidi Vici

muzza

Ok, I had to bite! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

I do agree that the relentless pursuit of profit and wealth for a whole lifetime is a shallow and meaningless, but...

To a certain extent you need to make sure you are able to survive in the material world as it is today. If you cannot do that then how can you have the strength / time to explore your spirituality, etc etc. If you dont spend at least sometime looking after wealth then all you will have is a very thin coffin and nothing but the spiritual life! hehe

-- Muzza

Grenade01

That and most people want to raise a family and give their child a "normal" childhood so that they can go on to make descisions and hopefully gain spiritual insight for themselves.
The though of living a "non materialistic lifestyle" and raising a child in that lifestyle just because of what you believe...thats just not fair to them..

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/You must try some of my purple berries.

Ashfo

I myself want money, but for a purpose. I would sponsor such things as RBs Research Institute and any other spiritually investigative work as there is a lack of funding for these programs currently.

- Ashfo

Joe

Hey ppl,

LOL Fenris - if I had a dollar for every time I've been called "a capitalist pig", I'd hedge long on Euro and make another dollar, hahaha http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

The Pig really didn't mean to throw that capitalism thing out to get bites - The Pig values all points of view (I love talking in 3rd person - maybe I'll join WWF and be The Rock's sidekick http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>)

Seriously, I greatly respect paramedics, nurses, teachers, etc because they do wonderful work despite the gross lack of financial compensation - if the entire world was motivated by money only, we would be in very bad shape. However, my reasons for chasing money include the ones you guys just mentioned (above) and also that I really do love making money, and don't think it's "the root of all evil" and something to be apologised for.

RE: a political cat-fight - I'd love to http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0> - should be fun *and* educational. What if I countered with, life is pointless anyways - we are born, struggle and die, naked and cold. So why not eat, drink and be filthy rich while we can instead of shouldering the burdens of the "weak and huddled" masses, who will always be with us.

Here's a saying from The Pig's own collection - if you've got it, there will be 10 people with their hands out asking for it, no matter what "it" is. Or the drunken dinner party version, "Charity is for suckers!".

Anyway - look forward to hearing your thoughts - and no joke, I really think being a paramedic is a great vocation!!

PS: Muzza, grenade, Ashfo - in the words of the great Homer Simpson, "my sentimonies exactly".

The Pig http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Fenris

Why hello all, this means you too sir oink-a-lot!

Thanks for the nice comments Joe!

Any man who quotes Homer Simpson has my instant and complete respect!

Ok both Muzza and Grenade01 made very rational points...and as such are now disqualified! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

No seriously, if I ever grow up (growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional!!!), well ok Ill fold....when I grow up I hopefully will have to worry about family expense and all of that expense of living stuff. And yes if i ever have kids I would never raise them into a non materialistic life, maybe not a 'normal' life, but a safe, loving comfortable one.

BUT ENOUGH OF THIS RATIONAL THOUGHT IM IN AN ARGUMENT HERE!!!!!!

Joe- educational huh! (David backs away and reforms battle plan not involving a barrage of childish name calling [B0)] )

YOU-  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_clown.gif" border=0>
"What if I countered with, life is pointless anyways - we are born, struggle and die, naked and cold. So why not eat, drink and be filthy rich while we can instead of shouldering the burdens of the "weak and huddled" masses, who will always be with us."

**One of my fav sayings is the I want to die like I was born- naked and in the fetal possition.

ME http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_cool.gif" border=0>
Well I could say that if you truely beleaved in your argument that wealth is more important than a spirtual life you would not be on this forum, but that would be rational and as such unfair.

However I am sticking to my guns (ok fine! Im making my argument up as I go, do you have to beat it out of me!) and arguing, debating if you will http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> ,  that the recognition and pursuit of a spirtual and 'meaningful' life leads to a greater level of self understanding and  acceptance of the personal identity (as opposed to the materialistic pursuit of a socual ideal). The pursuit of a spirtual life path leads to a level of universal  awarness and personal peace that can not logically even be compared in terms of a virtue or 'value'  to wealth and material goods.

The pursuit of nivana or spirtual self beterment is to be apart of the evolution of mankind. Thoses who embrace greed and wealth blindly follow the failures of the past and only leave mankind wallowing in a stagnant  pool of pettyness, hate and fear. They are the only 'weak' ones.

By all means make money to survive and raise a happy healthy faimily, but do not pursue wealth for the sake of an identity or status. Not in a world where there are others who DIE because they are BORN poor.  "You want money - get a job!" Well people in some places dont have the opportunity to "get a job" because capitalism and greed have concentrated the worlds wealth amongst  the advantaged few. Our advantaged nations may preach personal freedom, capitalism and democrocy, but they take the wealth that in a world of equity would be being used to feed dying infants and produce vacinations.

Regards David

Oh by the way I at one point attempted to write in third person and it resulted in a nose bleed...

Veni Vidi Vici

Joe

Haha - great post Fenris - we have a similar sense of humour, even though I'm right and you're wrong http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>.

It seems like the rules of the debate are "It can't make sense", and in that vein here's my rebuttal :-

- since the purpose of life is subjective to each person, it could be argued by the materialist/humanist that the spiritual person is grossly self-deluded - (a) that they invent a God-myth as an emotional comfort blanket in a discomforting universe, (b) the perception of "spiritual" experiences is a mental abberation, and thewhole theoretical superstructure that attaches itself to such experiences is evidence of mankind's mental instability.

- I do agree that money in itself is empty, however money, like power, is simply currency for the real objective - control. Each human strives for this in various ways, and for various parts of their life. The value of vast wealth is that it provides massive control and achievement of one's will in material terms - a thrilling prospect if one believe's that this life is all we have.

- it is true that some people's scope for wealth accumulation is limited, but it is a matter of desire and intelligence as to how this is resolved. If one is normally disposed to giving up on their desires, they will find an excuse for any failure.

- re: the rich and wealthy exploiting the poorer peoples, this is a vulgar cliche that has a lot of traction with the "masses". In reality, Western countries do consume massively more wealth on a per capita basis than third world countries, but what is forgotten is that these countries *produce* massively more wealth per capita than third world countries. In fact, on a GDP basis, western countries consume the same proportion of wealth generated as poor countries.

- Generally speaking, Darwin was right - the stronger, more powerful members of a group will consistently prevail over the weaker members, as will their offspring. What other species in existence invents a false notion of "fairness" to reward the undeserving and deserving alike?

Eager to hear your thoughts, personal slander, or more pig-taunts. BTW - here's a more fitting version of our emoticons: you http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_blackeye.gif" border=0>, me http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_evil.gif" border=0>. I just hope if I get into a car accident up in Brissy, that you and the other nice paramedics will use the jaws of life on the car, not me....

Grenade01

Hrmm
it seems to me like things like sweat shops, and other things like that could not exist, and capitalism would still thrive.  I dont think people need to be taken advantage of to make capitalism work....but then nothing ever works out perfect, or like the theory.  I mean look at communism.  It was a great theory, especially if you read the communist manifesto (That was the one right?)   It sounds wonderful, but the only people who really pushed for it thus far have been gready government types, and so it turns out to be a horrible thing.

As long as we come up with ways to deal with the resource depletion and crowding, I think in time we can have a sort of utopia so to speak.  But the kinks are still being worked out, and unfortunately some of the kinks are pretty big and dark. =(

Ashfo

Ive always found it amusing that inherent human characteristics like greed are the sole reason for humans existing today, but are now seen as such a negative and unneeded thing.

Irony.

- Ashfo

cainam_nazier

I will comment with this only.

Money can't buy happiness.  But it sure can help with depression!

David Rogalski

Fenris

Greetings and celutations!

Joe - you might be a pig, but you are a clever one, no matter how deluded and incorrect http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

From your post the nature of the materialist human can be more thorough established. The following analysis will show that the materialist individual restricts their perception of reality to their immediate physical environment. They find the concept of reality including intangible aspects beyond their immediate control threatening. Rather than exploring the mental capacity of the human organism to theorise and understand the non-physical, the materialist individual simply choses to deny the existence of the non-physical aspects of reality. And they defend their limited perception by striking out and challenging those who see more to existence.

"...the spiritual person is grossly self deluded"

In essence the materialist reduces their individual life experience to being little more than that of a simple animal. This ascetic practice remains entirely due to the individual's need for control.

"...is simply currency for the real objective- control"

Entirely confined to their immediate physical environment the materialist individual is virtually left with only one life path left to explore – wealth.

" The value of vast wealth is that it provides massive control"

The materialist believes that all individuals share their need for total control. When in fact enlightened individuals pursue total understanding.

"it is true that some peoples scope for wealth accumulation is limited, but it is a matter of desire and intelligence as to how this is resolved"

This statement may sound good and be well constructed but is out of touch with the true nature of poverty. If you are born into poverty stricken African tribe with no wealth to initiate goods production, or opportunities to obtain employment, an IQ of 190 and a whole world of desire for wealth will get you nowhere. The notion that this disadvantage stems from inferior racial genetics is dangerous- and I won't go there.

Its ok Joe you can open your mind to accept what you cant control. Nobody is going to hurt you.

"In this house hold you will do as we do and believe what what we believe...Now butter your bacon!" HS

How do you like them apples pig child!!!!!!! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_approve.gif" border=0>

Veni Vidi Vici

Joe

"How do you like them apples pig child!!!!!!! " - laughed out loud at that one.

Our comical debate could go on indefinitely if we let it. Although I find no satisfactory rebuttal in any of the responses http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_tongue.gif" border=0> I hope no-one is taking it seriously, as I wouldn't even be on a forum like this if that's what I truly believed. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

If I had to give a less flippant (honest) answer, I'd say that the "third way" (social capitalism) is the most equitable ideology to date. Communism was the hippie utopia, but until humans evolve a little more, it will always be riddled with abuse of power. Pure capitalism is socially unjust unless it is accompanied by true democracy and civil liberties, which is why most third world countries are still impoverished.

Personally, I also hate to see any unfair situation - whether it's corporate abuse, child labour, third world debt, etc. but the solutions to these problems are sometimes harder than we'd like. My vision of utopia (kind of like "Star Trek" http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>), is where every human is automatically provided all the material needs of life. In an efficient economy, goods should actually get cheaper over time, not more expensive, so the theory is that the cost of living eventually reduces to trivial amounts, and instead of chasing material freedom, people's attention is on improving themselves - body, mind, spirit - and improving every area of group life - environment, arts, science, spirituallity, etc. A second rennaisance!

As to whether the humanist or the spiritual person is deluded, the scientific method is the only common ground I can see, which is why empirically verifying things like repeatable OBEs, etc is the only way forward. Otherwise it's just one belief system against another, and the group is prevented from benefitting from wider knowledge.

Fenris - don't think I've forgotten those pig taunts mate. I'm up in Brizzy for a Big Brother eviction show soon -  I'll be sure to pop in and kick you and your husband a new a**hole, right after I petrol bomb the local Woolworths http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

See ya.

Fenris

G,day Joe

Gee Im glad you ended it! I found myself with a dictonary (you have an impressive vocab!) and a pen and paper planing my final reBUTal! Hope I didn't come off as taking it seriously, I mean I tried really hard for that not to happen, you know so we dont scare away any guests or anything http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

It was hard because I like you did not fully believe what I was arguing!, but I feel it was fun, and educational... if you take LSD and look at it from funny angles.

I do actually completely agree with you and your real view point, great minds think alike! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> Especialy the part about Star trek, I have always thought that! I actually believe that the world needs something like an alian invasion to unite the masses. Just like all those movies...Not that Im one of those treky types...

Petrol bomb Woolworths...  Crn of Mr Lindsay highway and Browns plains Rd, Brownsplains 4133, QLD. There is Wollworths prices plus petrol station behind the building, dont miss that.

Thanks for arguing with me it has been grand!, I really enjoy a good philosophical discussion. Enjoy your trip to Brissy, Im sure you will find the weather more pleasent than that where you are, must be really cold down there by now!

Oh by the way the money thing worked out and Ill be keeping my job.

Later Mate
David

Husband? http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_angry.gif" border=0> you wait pal! When your at the big brother eviction if someone throws a cup of liquid at you...it wasn't water! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_evil.gif" border=0>

Veni Vidi Vici

Joe

Hey Fenris - ditto over here - good discussion with good minds. All the best with paramedic training - you're stronger than I'd ever be when it comes to handling accidents, saving lives, etc.

You're right - Melbourne is getting chillier real quick. I'd love to be somewhere on the Gold Coast right about now...but I'll wait until the BB show: I want to see Turkan go sooooo badly. I've even contemplated dropping $5000 on votes just to get the slag out http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Anyway - all the best my friend. We should start a new debate again some time soon - make it a (respectful) free-for-all on a controversial but relevant topic, and see how nicely we can all participate in mental duelling....

Cheers!

nightflier101

I was an excellent auto mechanic for 15 years, rebuilding engines and transmissions. One day I decided to change everything and start new. I moved and got a job as a field service tech for a major public water company.
Which I plan to retire with.
Never had any ambition to go and make a fortune, but I do alright...

Nightflier...