News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Just a theoretical question

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerezza

Are you talking about reincarnation?

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." St. Thomas Aquinas

Tom

Mahayana Buddhism says that there is no one alive now who has never been our mother in a previous life. It is not said to suggest that incest is involved every time sex is involved. The idea is that if we are to find liberation from samsara for ourselves and leave behind all of those beings who have been our mother, the accomplishment is less than complete. No matter how bad the parenting may have been, we would not have survived without it.

lucid dancer

That's an interesting question. I think Tom has a good point on this. In my opinion, the idea of having one soul mate is out of the question.  It may be a possibility to meet a lover from a past life, but that doesn't mean you have to be with that person again in a romantic way. I think a person has a group of beings who he/she choses to stay with for a while (a few lifetimes).

Synapse

all these points assume that you are reincarnated.
has anyone hade an experience to prove that we are. i dont really have an opinion on the subject because i dont know anything about it but to me reincarnation sounds a little strange.

#

Tom

Buddhism is very flexible about that. It says that there are six main realms through which people go from lifetime to lifetime. They are also states which people can move through within a single lifetime and each of them has an emotional state associated with it. Sometimes you will be in hell and other times you will be in heaven. Then there are four states in between. If you don't like the idea of continuing on after death you can ignore it for now.

Chamos

Hmm... To Nerezza, Yes this is about reincarnation.

Thanks, Tom, for your veiws on this, Lucid Dancer as well.

And to Synapse. I've no conclusive proof that I've ever been reincarnated, just little things I've never thought of, or heard of really, popping up randomly, why most of my dreams, stories, poems and things are rather odd.

To all, I never really expected anyone to post here, since I made the post rather late at night I assumed it'd be far behind by the time anyone came here. I guess I forgot about the different timezones huh?

Y'think y'know what Cruelty be, til' ye finally get t'meet her. Yet worse than cruelty is, indeed... St. Evil, her belov'd sister. You may call me Truth. Some people just can't handle me. - Me

The economy is depressed My Lord.
So cheer it the f*ck up!

clandestino

Hi there Chamos...

If I remember correctly (and my memory is never that great) in Robert Monroe's second book, he had a moment of realisation where he had been married to his wife (current time) at some point during the middle ages.

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

ralphm

Yes, a lot of the native sayings are really about reincarnation- all my relations, calling on the ancestors is invoking the spirit of yourself that has lived before and has knowledge the is/can become part of yourself. Also protecting the earth for the next 7 generations is acknowledging that you will reincarnate again!

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Chamos

This is just something that's been stirring about up there for some time, and I wanted to know what you all thought of it.

Suppose, just theoretically of course, a man and a woman were to become lovers, and I know that this sounds pretty basic but hold your horses and you'll see my point. Anyway, suppose this union were to present a child, and yes I know unions like this might always present a child but please! Honestly now. (sorry if I'm babbling but I am a tad nervous) Now go to forward a few centuries, say that a future generation from said child were to produce one of the first ancestors, the man or the woman, doesn't really matter. What if said ancestor somehow found his/her past lover again, in a completely different family.

Would this be incest? Or would it be all right for both parties and their families?

Sorry, if that confused you just let me know and I'll try to clear it up a bit more, but as I said before, I am a tad bit nervous.

Thank you for wasting your time to read this.
Y'think y'know what Cruelty be, til' ye finally get t'meet her. Yet worse than cruelty is, indeed... St. Evil, her belov'd sister. You may call me Truth. Some people just can't handle me. - Me

The economy is depressed My Lord.
So cheer it the f*ck up!