News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Just some questions

Previous topic - Next topic

desert-rat

On summing up spirits , you must know what you are doing .  Even Aleister Crowley summed up a being he could not fully banish . It is my understanding he moved , leaving the demon there .  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alister_Crowley    . This is not something any one does just for fun .  A.p. is a different matter ,  some say protect your self with white light , others state there is no need . Its a matter of personal beliefs .  desert rat 

desert-rat

To Wi11iam .            On evidence of reincarnation ,  there is a boy that had memories of having died in ww2 as a fighter pilot .  He had knowledge of aircraft at that ( mid 40s ) and had night mares of having died from a fire during a crash landing on an air craft carrier .  As I remember the story he knew his wifes name and some of his famly .  The story is on the net , I can post links if asked. desert rat  
p.s. If any has not heard a e.v.p. it can be some of the freekiest audio to hear .  I dont know if it is realy proof , but it can sound strange .  

Wi11iam

Quote from: desert-rat on March 10, 2013, 13:15:01
To Wi11iam .            On evidence of reincarnation ,  there is a boy that had memories of having died in ww2 as a fighter pilot .  He had knowledge of aircraft at that ( mid 40s ) and had night mares of having died from a fire during a crash landing on an air craft carrier .  As I remember the story he knew his wifes name and some of his famly .  The story is on the net , I can post links if asked. desert rat  
p.s. If any has not heard a e.v.p. it can be some of the freekiest audio to hear .  I dont know if it is realy proof , but it can sound strange .  

DR

Reincarnation obviously came about as a belief system for reasons which do include what you have spoken of here.

However, there are models around which explain why this is so, which I find are just as plausible.
Tom Campbells model incorporates the belief system of reincarnation.  However, this process comes from something called the 'Individual Unit Of Consciousness' whose dominant reality is the non physical.

According to that model, the IUOC uses physical life packages to learn how to lower its entropy and this IUOC is essentially who 'you' are - rather than the different life packages it experiences.

Upon dying, the data of that experience is examined and another life package chosen to continue the process and hopefully learn what previous life packages did not learn.

In this way the ego experiencing each life package gets to experience longevity, but as a process it seems woefully inadequate for the purpose of lowering entropy.  As a model it tends to pamper the ego as it were...what ego doesn;t want to live continuously?

Another model I know of explains the IUOCs as simply 'entities' which are focused upon the physical - even obsessively - like a kid who cannot drag himself away from a computer game.

These entities are able to experience life packages simultaneously and are not limited to linear time, so they can play a variety of packages in different points along a time line.

Sometimes the life packages experience 'spill-overs' from these other life experiences which are happening simultaneously.  The experiences are so real for the incarnate consciousness that they believe they must have lived another life in another time.

Either of these two models can explain 'reincarnation' as simple data of experience which leak into each other.  Your own life package data of experience may even leak into someone else's, and they will believe that they have lived your life.

Again - as I continue to suggest - it is all about self identity.  So you think you have lived a number of lives... which of these is truly who you are?

The correct answer has to be 'none of them' but also 'all of them' and by 'them' I do mean every single life package that has every existed.

If that is too much for the old grey matter to digest, not to worry.  The easiest way to accept the possibility is to treat everyone as yourself - an aspect of yourself - regardless of whether they know it or not.

Do not deify any personality no matter that they are even obviously wiser and more knowing than your present self identity and neither demonize that which is obviously beneath your present sense of integrity - chances are that we have all been there and done that 'in another life package'.

Above all, do not accept that you are even altogether the sum total of the spectrum of demon (devil) to angelic (god) and everything between because that is part of a loop system which is tied intricately to duality (good/evil dark/light/ hot/cold/ male/female/ etc)

We are these things, but we are so much more than just these things.

Think With The Heart - Feel With The Mind

desert-rat

Some think time is happing all at once , only the human mind sees it as linear .  We could be living many lives all at the same time .  Some think when some one is  regressed in to a past  life there reading info from the akashic reccords , not there own , so who knows . desert rat 

Wi11iam

Quote from: desert-rat on March 11, 2013, 16:54:43
Some think time is happing all at once , only the human mind sees it as linear .  We could be living many lives all at the same time .  Some think when some one is  regressed in to a past  life there reading info from the akashic reccords , not there own , so who knows . desert rat 

Precisely - 'who knows' so remain open-minded and without particular belief regarding reincarnation seems the most logical option - it is like this with so many subjects really but does free the mind to investigate the tangible evidence available. 

Contenteo

What if consciousness slows down the perception of time(speeds it up from our perspective) so much that the rate of evolution overtakes the linear nature of time. Would our new rate of evolution be the new time? Would consciousness itself then become time, the very thing it is built to perceive?

Sounds much like a derivative/integral relationship to me.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Wi11iam

Quote from: Contenteo on April 11, 2013, 03:52:49
What if consciousness slows down the perception of time(speeds it up from our perspective) so much that the rate of evolution overtakes the linear nature of time. Would our new rate of evolution be the new time? Would consciousness itself then become time, the very thing it is built to perceive?

Sounds much like a derivative/integral relationship to me.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Time is something which Consciousness determines. 

It is in itself not a living thing.  Consciousness does not need to become anything in particular, it experiences.

Contenteo

Whose Consciousness?

My consciousness? Your consciousness? Our consciousness? AUM?

Don't forget the theory of relativity when you tackle this question.

Is all time created equal or is there two or more types of time?

Cheers,
Contenteo

Wi11iam

Quote from: Contenteo on April 14, 2013, 13:15:53
Whose Consciousness?

My consciousness? Your consciousness? Our consciousness? AUM?

Don't forget the theory of relativity when you tackle this question.

Is all time created equal or is there two or more types of time?

Cheers,
Contenteo

Consciousness is consciousness, water is water.

Okay so I hear what you are saying - not all water is the same...it depends on what its been through, but at its source it is the same.

It is that Consciousness which I refer to.

Relativity is to do with the situation, but also the individual reaction to the situation and while Consciousness gives ego its ability to say 'I am' it also allows for ego to make claims as to what exactly 'I am' is - but only in regard to ego, not to Consciousness, which has its own knowledge of what 'It is' without the need for any egos consent.

'I am' is also something which Consciousness determines, both at individual ego level and AUM.  Which would you consider the more accurate?

Time is determined by sets of measurements and is applicable to the situation.  It is not a thing in itself but is a result of things interacting with each other plus Consciousness observing, acknowledging and making use of those material interactions.

Astralzombie

QuoteRelativity is to do with the situation, but also the individual reaction to the situation and while Consciousness gives ego its ability to say 'I am' it also allows for ego to make claims as to what exactly 'I am' is - but only in regard to ego, not to Consciousness, which has its own knowledge of what 'It is' without the need for any egos consent.

So do you think consciousness can ever be free of an ego. Surely even at it's source, it will still have the identity of "I am" albeit the highest achievable "I am".

If not the only alternative would be to not exist. At the source, it's either "I am all" or "I am not".
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Wi11iam

Quote from: its_all_bad on April 14, 2013, 22:47:12
So do you think consciousness can ever be free of an ego. Surely even at it's source, it will still have the identity of "I am" albeit the highest achievable "I am".

If not the only alternative would be to not exist. At the source, it's either "I am all" or "I am not".

Ego would not exist if not for Consciousness.  At the Source Consciousness is "I am"  Within the aspects it is "I Am All".  Note the divisive factor - the "I am" can - within the aspects - deny Source Consciousness if it so chooses to...yet the Source does not deny the aspects.

Xanth

To me, ego is the "I".  Consciousness is the "am".

Wi11iam

Wi11iam

Quote from: Xanth on April 15, 2013, 01:03:22
To me, ego is the "I".  Consciousness is the "am".

In order to understand 'self' ego requires consciousness.  Ego is a product of Consciousness.