News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Karma rating?

Previous topic - Next topic

EqualThoughts

WHAAAAT whaaaaa :-o
you have to wait 100 hours now to repeat karmas lol, how gay
looks like your safe for now TalaNay. next time- our paths will cross agian lol
hahaha :lol: :lol:
Beware of those who weep with realization, for they have realized nothing.  -Don Juan

Woah

Quote from: EqualThoughts on November 05, 2006, 14:44:06
WHAAAAT whaaaaa :-o
you have to wait 100 hours now to repeat karmas lol, how gay
looks like your safe for now TalaNay. next time- our paths will cross agian lol
hahaha :lol: :lol:

Ack. There's been times when I've read several great posts by a person within minutes, and I thought having to wait one hour was bad.

And.. why's this in introductions?

Woah

Hah TalaNay, no need to complain now. You've jumped to 57 overnight. :P  :|

Skippy

Wow, that was incredible! The last time I looked, Nay was at 11, and I come on today, and she's at 57!  :-) I was quite surprised.

But TalaNay seems like a very nice person to me, so the more karma the better, I suppose.
The Bee Gees and Andy Gibb

Nay

Sorry about that.. someone was having a bit of a lark.  You all are welcome to smite me back to whatever level you think is correct.  I kinda like it though...  ;)

Skippy

I don't intend to smite anybody. Applauding just seems so much...nicer...for me.

Before I posted this message, I saw my post count (which was 89 then) and for a second, I thought I was looking at my karma rating. I thought, "Wow, who's done all that?" Then I realised it was my post count.

Werp Weg Alles

HAHA Skippy, I liked that one...made me laugh.  As for me, I'm staying at 0!!! for karma, hmm might be hard.  Thats my goal anyway.
"What you do in life, echoes in eternity"

"I am not afraid to keep on living"

"Be not afraid of greatness"

"I hold it true that thoughts are things"

Sunn

Quote from: Skippy on November 22, 2006, 07:31:42
Wow, that was incredible! The last time I looked, Nay was at 11, and I come on today, and she's at 57!  :-) I was quite surprised.

But TalaNay seems like a very nice person to me, so the more karma the better, I suppose.

talanay is a she?

Woah

Sunn

Adrian

Hello Nodes,

I believe you have made some relevant points regarding the karma system.

Let me say that Talanay's karma score was not a result of requesting it from me or anyone else. I do not approve of the way the karma system appears to have been mis-used and I intend to rectify it.

I would just like to say that karma, while being a member service which some might find amusing, it is nevertheless intended to be taken seriously. It is no longer possible for anyone to mis-use it.

To all those who have taken the karma system seriously, and indeed respected the rules and ethos of the forum generally; which I believe is the majority, I thank you very much for that and for your valued contributions.

Best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Nay

Adrian is correct when he says I did not request this in any way shape or form.  With that said I would like to ask you Nodes, to decline from trying to make me look bad to the members of this forum at any further dates.  I will not get into a bashing fest with you regarding my character. 

The members can read for themselves and figure out for themselves wether or not I'm irritating.  I do want to add that it is very un-healthy and un-spiritual for anyone to hold on to anger and grudges for so long.

Have a great day and smile, it's good for you. :-D

Skippy

Nay, you've put me in mind of the song Put On a Happy Face:-)

leaf

Quote from: Skippy on November 22, 2006, 13:45:06
I don't intend to smite anybody. Applauding just seems so much...nicer...for me.
To smite is too violent. It makes me think of the hand of God.

Booing is better, and more or less the opposite of applauding someone, but I suppose that would result in lower karma ratings all round.

Adrian

Hello Leaf,

Quote from: leaf on December 02, 2006, 04:56:54
To smite is too violent. It makes me think of the hand of God.

Booing is better, and more or less the opposite of applauding someone, but I suppose that would result in lower karma ratings all round.

I agree that "smite" is somewhat aggressive but it is the default for the system.

What other words might we use; and that is for anyone to suggest?

Best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

leaf

The word smite is used jocularly, so I had this picture in my head of a Simpsons-style large white-sleeved hand reaching down from heaven and giving someone a good flick with a finger. I should probably rephrase. It's a bit violent, but I didn't meant "too violent" in a Quentin Tarantino way.

Still, to smite is a bit harsh. :)

Kazbadan

I cannot give you any ideas Adrian, because my english is too limited.

Maybe "booo" is a nice idea, like Leaf says :)

Anyway, i am still to understand why some people thinks thats its nice to smite Nay...
I am 99% sure that such person when facing Nay on real life, would get scared for being in front of a such great woman....not everybody can stand up in front of power, beauty and wisdom.
(dont worry Nay, i am not trying to seduce you lol)
I love you!

Skippy

If everyone behaves in a nice, friendly manner, then surely nobody would need to smite anybody?

Nay

How did I miss this today?  Kaz stop it, I'm blushing. :)  I'm not sure if your helping or making things worse. :lol:

Skippy:  You'd think that, in a perfect world.  Sometimes things get heated and things are said.  As long it doesn't get personal and names don't start getting yelled out, it's all good.   I do really wish this thread would die though.  :-P  I however can see how I can tick some individuals off, and if it makes them feel better to smite that's ok, as long as it isn't every hour on the hour.  Adrian has fixed that problem so, I'm thinking all is good. 

I know I'm not perfect and alot of times I speak before thinking, but that's me... you either get me or don't.  :-D 

Grigori

I'm not a prolific poster so I like the karma system because it's a way for me to let people know that I appreciate their posts by "applauding" them. Likewise when someone posts something mean or just inappropriate it's cathartic to  "smite" them  :-D

Shield

I am a new member, how much time do i must stay logged in, in order to applaude or smite?

Nay

I think someone answered that a page or so back.   Geez, I think I'm going to have to ask Adrian for the answer.  :) 

Awakened_Mind

I thought you could applaud or smite once an hour. In relation to how long you have to stay logged on for, I have no idea.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.