News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

kids on these subjects

Previous topic - Next topic

Alezunde

Lol. Sorry bout that. :p
I was thinkin' 'hubby' was pretty much the same as 'spouse.' [:I]

-Alezunde

RandomName

Cool Alzunde, you did me a favor in posting all my thoughts for me at this moment :-D

Gotta love them psychics [;)]

clandestino

Hi strwrs_guru !
I think your sentiments are shared by many. Its annoying to get a childish response to a serious question. But you must remember that these types of responses can equally come from adults. A lot of the kids that post here are not concerned with making childish comments; they are looking for answers, like yourself. In short, just ignore any childish / inflammatory remarks...better still, laugh them off !

quote:
but the question remains.........is it our responsibility to teach them or is it up to themselves to find their own path and run with it?

hmmmm....I honestly don't know. When you are talking about this subject to the average man in the street, its all too easy to come across as a nut ! I'll think this one over, and reply again later...
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Nay

Alezunde... I seriously hope you did not get offended???  I was kidding, which is what I do. I suppose now I will be branded one of those annoying childish response givers...oh, well...I try not to take myself soooo seriously, and I certaintly don't think I know all the answers.  
Just thought a good laugh was needed..eh, sometimes I am wrong...sorry bout that. [B)]

Nay. [V]

Alezunde

Oh nonono. ^_^
No offense at all!

:p

-Alezunde

panabelle

Well, I started off reading this and being very annoyed. (I turned 14 about a week ago.) But now I feel better. [|)]

I think it's best to let kids find their own path. Tell them the basics of stuff they want to know about, don't force anything into them, and let them remain neutral til they feel they can make the decision for themselves. Of course, I'm probably just saying that because that's what my parents did (more or less) and it seemed to work for me. [|)] I'm sure it varies from kid to kid; there may be some that need to be taken by the hand more than others. Children aren't all midget clones! [:D]

I also must admit that I am not on this site with the approval of my parents and minimize it whenever they pass by. However, I am not on this site with the DISapproval of my parents either. I feel that if they found out what I was doing, they might be a little angry at me for not telling them but would otherwise be ok with it. They could think I'm a little strange (actually they've KNOWN that a long time [:P]) and that I'm wasting my time, but they'd let me do my own thing.

As far as anyone going to h-e-doublehockeysticks ([:D]) for this stuff: I never went to church (regularly, anyway) and I've known innately since I was very young that something of this type of thing was a natural ability. So the idea of being punished for pursuing this seems a little silly to me. I figure I'll have plenty of time to think about it when I'm dead. [|)] In any case, I feel as long as your motives are pure, you'll be fine.

</ramble> [;)]

Squeek

WHOA!!!  Panabelle is BACK!!

Welcome back young'un :p

~Squeek

panabelle

Miss me? [:D] Sorry, I was kind of doing my own thing for a while. Plus I have this sweet babysitting job that pays a ton of easy cash but it means I'm at their house all the time...I feel loved now. [|)]

WalkingThePath

Hello Grown ups (and teens of course)

I'm 14 and it seems that i am the one who's gonna have to introduce my parents to all "this"... But they are not ready for it yet it seems(hehe)...It's no sense trying to introduce them to something that they will not accept or understand.
And that goes the other way around as well...
It just depends on the person i guess :)

Malvina

Adrian

Greetings everyone,

This is what I mean [:)]

We have a significant number of 13 and 14 year olds here, and a good number under 20 years old. They often display maturity beyond their years, ask excellent questions and make excellent contributions.

We certainly cannot judge all younger members by the actions of one or two that join every now and again, and are no longer here.

Being involved with these extremely important matters at that age is not easy. I openly rejected religion when I was about 7 or 8 years old - the fact that I did so in a religions education class at school, and the teacher was the local church reverend did not make it any easier [:)] I do understand what the potential problems are when kids are interested in these matters. I have three sons myself aged 12, 11 and 10, and I encourage them on these subjects whenever the questions arise, but never with any pressure.

We have to remember that the very reason we are here in each lifetime is to learn valuable lessons for progression on the path. By involving themselves at this age our younger members have a considerable advantage over most people, some of whom do not re-find their path until later in life, and the majority who never do at this time. I know it is difficult, but never be afraid to be on the path and learning from resources like this. If your parents do confront you, be totally honest with them always.

Thanks again to our younger members.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Tab

IMO the sooner you learn about astral projection, metaphysics, and the truth about the universe in general the better. The older you get, the more stuck on known systems and beliefs you become, the more massive of a change is it to go from, say, your average joe to someone proficient in the occult. However, if you learn early on in life, you can learn and develop much easier. You have more time to tune your skills, and more chances to accomplish things. Look at the standard beliefs and philosophies of the average person. At least in America, we're programmed to either the usual phenomenalistic scientific atheism or mainstream religion (= exoteric = corrupt). Learning that there are other realities like the astral is a HUGE change, and the older you are the harder it will be to change.

So, I wouldn't discourage talking about astral projection to anyone, but especially children. They deserve every chance they can get to awaken their fundamental latent powers.

I myself am only 16, but trust me, I'm VERY glad I learned of this stuff now and not any later.

Anyway, that's all just my opinion = grain of salt. :/

Syke

G'day All,

Im also another 16 year old and i also think age has nothing to do with it.
i myself have been to six different countries, two of which i was by myself. my mother had to return to australia while we were in london so i stayed on there for a further two weeks. then i made my way to japan where i had to find a youth hostel to stay at in osaka, then the next day get from osaka to hiroshima to meet my school who i organised to tour with as they were there for a school trip.
All of which i believe is the greatest experience and education one can have.

i reckon the only thing that got me through was maturity and confidence, i know many people from 30 years and onwards that still wont be able to achieve what i have.

I changed my religous beliefs around two years ago from reading a book called 'The Biggest Secret' by David Icke (i highly suggest you read it). even before that i was questioning the reality of it all so the book just backed my thoughts up.
it was my mothers book and she first said to me, 'reading this will change everything you believe, so you have to go into it open mindedly'. An open mind is the key.
i find it very difficult to talk about astral projection and such with others as they just write me off as another crazy. one friend in particular wont have a bar of it, he is very strong on christianity and freemasonry. im against freemasonry, anything (in my oppinion) that forces you to keep secrets and is based on rituals just isnt right.i do however have a couple of friends that are with me in this which is great.

sorry about the length.

-Syke

Jenadots

Life is grand at any stage, and generally I love the arrogance of youth and  even if I sometimes get annoyed by it.  On the other hand, some of the most valuable lessons in life, I have learned from some of my teenage students. They rarely realize they are teaching me as much or more than I am teaching them.

So let us be mentors to the younger people here.  Those who are not really interested in exploring the topics will soon get bored by it all when they realize there is no "magic" solution to anything.  

The others I am sure greatly benefit from the variety of topics and people here of all ages.  Those of us who are older need to be like beacons in the night to the young ones who may be experiencing some of these things for the first time or who are exploring their own spirituality in a new way.

I wish there was a place like this when I was a child and a teenager.  I was severely punished for getting thrown out of a religion class at 7 because I told a nun that my friend Roberta, a Jewish girl, was not going to hell.  By the time I was 14, I realized the man in the confession box did not have a hot line to God and there was no point in confessing sins from a list they gave us.  At least today, one can have a conversation with a priest about one's problems and difficulties.  Not then.  In the 60's, it was unthinkable for a 14 year old to question these things and so there was no one to talk to about it.

Later, when I began to have experiences that were unusual to say the least, people would have thought I was nuts if I talked about it.  

So it is a good thing that the young ones have a place like to forum to ask questions and learn they are not alone in what they may be experiencing.

Just expect a little wackiness and immaturity.  Smile at it and recall what you were like at 15.  As one of my 15 year old students with blue and magenta hair said to me last year -- "when else in my life can I look like this?"  He was right.  I had forgotten that and thanked him for the good laugh.

So let us not forget what being a teenager is like and welcome them all here.  You never know when something you write may change one life for the better.  [:X]

Treaty_Angel

srry im 12 turning 13 soon, but i can't leave or stop studying this, because then i would be breaking a nother promise. i hope non of u are highly advanced in telepathy. and if u are then u cna read my mind by just knowing when im logged on.

strwrs_guru

i do have a problem with the kids on here. i do consider these subjects very serious and even life changing. it has been for me. i am seriously altering my belief system about God and all things spiritual because of the experiences i am having. i come here to talk to others that are going through the same thing and expect somewhat serious persuits into the answers.

dont get me wrong, i am all for some fun and games with a little sarcasm thrown in there but i dont feel comfortable discussing some of these topics with kids.  i.e.....people under 17 or 18. i still dont know quite how to bring up these subjects with my own kids. or even if i should. i have always been a follower of christ and believe in raising my kids that way. they can make their own decisions about wether to believe that when they are adults or not. i really need some of the peoples opinions on here that i respect. should i bring these things that i am starting to feel up to them? should we be talking to the kids on here about them? these ages of 13 and 14 and the like are very impressionable and i dont know if i would like other people filling my kids heads with ideas that i am still unsure of.

i know it is next to impossible to keep the young ones off here, but how do we treat this subject? i think it is more serious than some of us here think. like tisha said......these kids have all sorts of fantasies running wild in their heads. are we just adding to that?

i would love some input here because i would like to try beginning to EASE my kids into this world. i am a believer in the fact that kids are closer to these kinds of things than us adults. they havent had as many years of programming as we have had in the other direction.

but the question remains.........is it our responsibility to teach them or is it up to themselves to find their own path and run with it?[?]
the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing in the face of it.