News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Life

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorian

Hey Eukaryote, thats the spirit.  Depression can be an ugly ugly thing it sounds like you've come a long way.  I've read tons about depression, and the black mist that surrounds a person seemingly forever, but with all the wonders of life, the many facets of beauty that like an onion seem to permiate every living and unliving thing around you I can never fully understand it.  Yes indeed life is short too short to uncover all the mysteries it has to offer.  You can spend a lifetime just trying to comprehend the simpliest thing much less the intracasies of life.
   If you can forget yourself, for a moment, concentrate...and try and contemplate a vast emptiness of blackness, a vacumn where nothing is or ever could be...no ideas, no hopes, no dispair, no dreams, nothing physical, emotional, nothing at all, complete-perfect emptyness, hold it and picture yourself there. And then open your eyes and look around yourself all over, at yourself, your surroundings, sights, smells, thoughts, things touching you all over, all the vast stimulations.  A world, a universe teeming with life, thoughts, the animate, the inanimate, a world full of wonder a play ground... a toy box wider and longer then the imagination could ever concieve. That is your world. And you have the power to see, understand, and appreciate it.  The power to see and consider, to feel and to touch...to think.  Indeed life is short but if you start right away hell who knows what could happen.  
   I always tell people when they feel depressed to find a nice strong oak tree, a real big one, take a good look at it, and do like it does....concentrate and grow toward the sun.
What we do in life echoes in Eternity.

Eukaryote

I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I was pretty active on these boards for a while about two years ago. I left to take care of some stuff in my life. Last spring, life dealt me a harsh lesson, and I became rapidly pessimistic. I've finally stopped wadding around in my own thoughts and came to a realization.

I do not know how many people have come to this realization, or how many might someday or if there's anyone who never does. I think many people have, though, because this is an open-minded group of boards. I've heard it often and from many people. I've even heard myself say it, but I never knew what it meant.

Life is short.

It's probably the oldest cliche, and I've spent years thinking of it as such.
But death can come at any time, so what's the point of being miserable now with misguided hope that the future will be happier-when you don't know what will happen until it does. So I'll be happy now, and I'll hopefully be happy in the future.