News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Salvia Divinorum

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamer82

I read that this plant, when smoked, can induce OBE's and mystical experiences. It is used by some to achieve a deeper form of meditation. I've tried it one time and had an incredibly intense experience. In the 5 minutes I was under the influence of Salvia, I felt as though everything I had ever known about myself and the world were just illusions. For that brief amount of time I was "awake" and truely myself and it was a little frightening. Has anyone here ever tried it? If so, I'm very curious to know about other people's experiences with it....

Panthau

Thanks for the hint... anyway, its just another druginduced experience.
I like the "natural" more :-)

zareste

I'm pretty sure Dreamer was asking about experiences

Xanth

Experiences or not...
You never know if what you're experiencing is that drug or not.
False experiences aren't experiences at all and at best are confusing and set you back.

T.L.

I really like the debate. However some evidence does show that experiences like out of body experiences (and dreams) are also induced by a drug in the body called dimethytryptamine (DMT). However just because something is induced by a drug does not mean the experience itself is fake by any stretch of the imagination. They just make your brain work in a different way conducive to experience the non-physical and self created constructs. With DMT for instance most people who were injected with it had electrical pulsations and what the people could only describe as vibrations... just like we experience naturally. Salvia Divinorum sort of puts you in a state where you can see what you are imagination is creating, right before your eyes. I have done Salvia a lot. One of my experiences with it is that I seen a roller coaster go right through my living room.

Another time the ceiling in my living room disappeared and I seen tropical trees when I looked up instead of my ceiling. The rest of my room was intact so it gave the illusion of my living room existing inside a jungle with no ceiling... was very interesting. So with that experience it's not necessarily fake as thoughts are real things too in their own right, it was just something though I was creating with my mind, not something that already existed. One of the interesting effects of salvia though are after you smoke it (I used to use 20x, not leaves) you enter a place of familiarity. Like a mental plane, even though you can still see things physically, that you faintly remember... it feels like "going home again"... this is the type of feeling that is most notable when you smoke it. Another distracting thing though is when you smoke extract of salvia you will LAUGH so much in 1 minute it will probably out rank the amount of times you laughed within that entire year. This is something I nor my friends could willingly stop... You will just laugh and laugh and can not help it. Personally it's something that is fun to experience a few times, but nothing important can be had in the 5-8 minutes before the effects wear off.

I would say experience it just to experience, especially while it's still legal (in some states it's already outlawed). But you are better off doing it the natural way for the important non-physical work. Just be careful I know 2 people it scared the living day lights out of because they smoked entirely too much of it at once, and both of them never would try it again. I've never managed to achieve a separation under it's influence and I imagine it's because of how hard I was laughing makes it almost impossible to forget about my physical body. I always smoked it in moderation and could never smoke enough to achieve a forced separation (like some people experienced with it) because by the time I am almost to that point I lose control of my arms and have to set the bowl down. I know a lot of people aren't willing to talk about this sort of thing, so I decided to go into a little detail for the thread originator.

kurtykurt42

There is a smoke shop about 2 blocks from my house that sell it and I bought about an ounce a year ago. I did normal energy body work, went into trance and then would hit the Salvia Divinorum and hold it for 20-30 seconds, then try to project. None of the attempts worked but I did have very vivid auditory and visual hallucinations.

Tiny

Quite hard to believe,

but my fascist government (Germany) managed to ban Salvia Divinorum in 2006  :-D :cry: .

What fascinates me about Salvia is that it lasts so short.

But anyway, I find that learning to let go without external aid of the barriers in our minds that hold us from experiencing is the most rewarding and of course independant.

Xanth

Quote from: Tiny on September 03, 2009, 09:54:15
Quite hard to believe,

but my fascist government (Germany) managed to ban Salvia Divinorum in 2006  :-D :cry: .

What fascinates me about Salvia is that it lasts so short.

But anyway, I find that learning to let go without external aid of the barriers in our minds that hold us from experiencing is the most rewarding and of course independant.
Learning to do things for yourself provides you with extra learning that you wouldn't receive otherwise.
THOSE are the lessons you're to learn.

mo

says who? you are judging various traditional cultures. are they wrong? fell for temptation and sin? whatever (: ...

i think you should overthink your thinking!

also you talked about "false experiences". well. i have spoken to various people who ate magic mushrooms and none of their experiences were false. they were absolutely spot on about the ego and oneness with nature. it appears to me that the opinion of "drugs will produce random thoughts, make you crazy and give you false spiritual experiences" is all outcome from some bullshitty government propaganda.

i also read through many trip reports of various "drugs" and came to the conclusion that psychedelics make you literally SANE! you gotta realize that shamans and rastafaris arent stupider than we are (; ... or what do you think?

newmethod

Quote from: mo on September 11, 2009, 23:45:08
says who? you are judging various traditional cultures. are they wrong? fell for temptation and sin? whatever (: ...

i think you should overthink your thinking!

also you talked about "false experiences". well. i have spoken to various people who ate magic mushrooms and none of their experiences were false. they were absolutely spot on about the ego and oneness with nature. it appears to me that the opinion of "drugs will produce random thoughts, make you crazy and give you false spiritual experiences" is all outcome from some bullshitty government propaganda.

i also read through many trip reports of various "drugs" and came to the conclusion that psychedelics make you literally SANE! you gotta realize that shamans and rastafaris arent stupider than we are (; ... or what do you think?

I figure these substances are here to WAKE US UP!
Though I also believe these substances can certainly help us destroy ourself!

I believe each educated individual should have the choice to use these substances.. they can have many profound effects.. some of us were either born asleep or fell asleep during this lifetime and we used them partly to help ourselves wake up! Though some people still never seem to wake up even after using for years  :-(

Though I also believe that using mind altering substances should be limited and ceased as quickly as possible because:

• they have obvious adverse health consequences - depending on duration of consumption and dosage over time
  • who knows what these substances are doing to the more subtle communication systems such as those between the astral body and higher self
  • I believe their usefulness in helping individuals progress spiritually is limited - most people I have met (or had communication with) who are looking to progress in this way usually find this to be true