News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Marijuana in Australia

Previous topic - Next topic

steveb

Greetings Grenade,
       Progress, hhmmm, ya can count me out.

Regards  Steve

ralphm

in california you could get a dr's reccomendation and have more plants than that. a lot potheads get to smoke for whatever reason they can come up with-headaches, back pain, you name it. it's just legalization by another name.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Grenade01

Haha I dunno about that
From most of what Ive heard about, the medical thing never holds up once you get caught.
I read a lot of drug news, and I hear some... I think a lot of whats going on is in northern california and I live near LA so I dont think theres as much going on around here (although Im not saying there's none)
Authority around here sucks... I know someone who got jail time for having 1 plant
and my friend has to go to court for possession of about .2 of a gram
rediculous
youd think theyd just be like "im confinscating this"

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

Grenade01

Steveb:  Im not saying that it's cause for everyone to go and start smoking marijuana or anything.  I just think you should be able to do what you want with your own body.  kinda Seems like a freedom that you should be born with..

distant bell

It´s al absurd to me..
In my country sweden, if you go out drinking a bottle
of whisky at a party every weekend you are considered
a party animal, but If you happen to smoke a joint you are
consodered a junky..  even though  the alcohole is AS dangerous
as the pot..

I think it´s every mans right to do what he pleases- as long
as he dosn´t hurt anybody. I myselfe stay of drugs and try
to stay of alcohol.. but I would still defend everybodys right
to free will.

Felix

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

Ashfo

There was a big big push for it to be legalized in NZ.... came close.

The fact that two of our MPs openly admit to smoking it helped :P

- Ashfo

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."

Grenade01

Just wanted to mention ..i was kind of joking up there when i said i autta move there
Im not a huge fan of marijuana myself
but I think its neat once in a while
it just gives you that weird perspective on reality thats nice every once in a great while

ninthplanet

Grenade-

Have you ever heard that doing mind altering drugs, even alcohol, severely decreases ones energy levels.  I thought I heard that somewhere.

-ninthplanet

WalkerInTheWoods

I am for free will too. Maijuana does seem to have a few good benefits from what I have heard. Of coarse it is those that abuse it that give it a bad name, just like alcohol and everything else.  I have never tried it and probably never will. If it was legal I might try it but I am not one to abuse such things. I wonder if it was legal if there would be as much abuse of it as there is now. I think that many people, especially younger people, abuse it because it is illegal and they get a "high" just because it is something they are not suppose to do. Though I must say it does seem that a lot of people that smoke it are not junks and are actually very responsible with it.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

PeacefulWarrior

I was psychologically addicted to marijuana for years and now shun the drug completely.  I admonish those I know who continue to abuse marijuana to stop.  If you still smoke marijuana I advise you to truly think, pray, meditate...whatever you need to do in order to engage in serious introspection and decide if it's a positive thing.  I do know there is a difference between occassional use and long-term, daily ABUSE...but in the end it's always damaging to your body and spirit.

Here is some basic info that I think may help initiate the kind of thinking of which I wrote above:
Facts About Marijuana
Cannabis sativa, more commonly known as "pot," "grass" or Marijuana," is a very common drug which is the starting point for many substance abusers. For many years there has been a lot of misinformation about marijuana, but recent studies have proven that is dangerous as well as addicting.

What is Marijuana?
Marijuana is a plant which is dried, then rolled into cigarettes ("joints") or put in to a pipe, and smoked. The main mind-altering ingredient in Marijuana is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), but more than 400 other chemical are also in the plant. The amount of THC, which is dependent upon how the plant was grown and the type of plant, will determine the strength of the marijuana. Marijuana can also be enhanced with common grasses and/or sprayed with PCP (angel dust) making the drug even stronger. Another common process is to press a plants leave and flowers into a resin call "hashish" or "hash," which is five to ten times stronger than crude marijuana. Hash oil may be used on marijuana or even on regular cigarettes.

What are the Effects?
There is absolutely no scientific evidence that indicates that marijuana improves hearing, eyesight, nor skin sensitivity, as some people claim. Studies of marijuana's mental effects who that the drug can impair reflexes, reduce short-term memory, alter sense of time, and reduce ability to do things which require coordination--driving a car, for instance. Marijuana interferes with learning by impairing thinking, reading comprehension, verbal, and mathematical skills. Some immediate physical symptoms of marijuana include; a faster heartbeat and pulse rate, bloodshot eyes, and a dry mouth and throat. A common psychological reaction to marijuana is the "acute panic anxiety reaction" which is the extreme fear of losing control. The chronic user is characterized as apathetic, lacking good judgment and introverted. Habitual marijuana use may result in the inability to design or implement plans. The habitual user is marked by fragmented thinking and fanciful ideas which makes it difficult to plan realistically for the future.

Are There Long-Term Effects?
Scientists believe that marijuana can be especially harmful to the lungs--even more so than cigarettes--because users inhale the unfiltered smoke deeply and hold it in their lungs as long as possible. The exposure of lung tissue to the damaging smoke is increased, increasing also the risk of emphysema and cancer. In fact, recent studies which examined human lung tissue that had been exposed to marijuana smoke over long periods of time showed cellular changes which proved to be precancerous. These studies indicate that long term marijuana smoking can cause lung cancer and other serious lung disease.
Studies of men and women who use marijuana have shown that it may influence levels of hormones relating to sexuality. Women start having irregular menstrual cycles; booth men and women may experience a temporary loss of fertility. Marijuana, then may be particularly harmful during adolescence, a time of rapid physical and sexual development. Research studies also suggest that the use of marijuana during pregnancy may result in premature babies and in low birth weights.

Is it Addicting?
A drug is physically addicting if the user becomes tolerant of the drug over time--making it necessary to increase the dosage to experience the same effects-- and if the user experiences withdrawal symptoms after discontinuing use. There is conflicting evidence on whether or not marijuana has these effects. However, there is much evidence to show that using marijuana does lead to psychological dependency and has been associated with the loss of interest in all activities except those related to drug use. The lack of drive or incentive has been termed the motivational syndrome, resulting from personality changes that the chronic user undergoes.
Most frightening of all, most hard narcotics users will admit that their drug habit started with marijuana. Research shows that the earlier people start using drugs, the most likely they are to go on to experiment with other drugs. Not everyone who smokes marijuana will turn to other drugs, but the probabilities are extremely high.

What Can I Do?
Marijuana is dangerous and can lead to more and more abuse! If you or a loved one are using marijuana, get help now, THere are people out there that can help with intense psychological-psychiatric counseling, group and individual therapy, and support groups. Make the call and make a difference. NOW.

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

A_Sword_Of_Truth

As was shown to me by the "Angelic Hosts of Light" and Saint Germain... Marijuana can lead to the "death of the soul".  

For all my brothers & sisters... I have also "been there, done that"!

The "Negs" will do everything in their power to 'con'-vince you that it is so silly that marijuana could harm your soul, etc.

Please 'commune' with GOD... for He will guide you if your search is 'true'.  
And when 'the student is ready, the teacher will appear'.

And if you do choose to use these substances that is still your choice, for GOD has given us "free will"!

Your Brother & Friend.

Ashfo

If something is used sparingly for spiritual development - like drugs - how can it destroy your soul? How could something physical destroy your soul? How could something which opens many peoples eyes be considered evil?

I was brought to spirituality through OBEs experienced in dex trips (a psychedellic).

- Ashfo

"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."

Grenade01

Congrats on some progress eh?!  Hopefully it passes for you guys.
Maybe I autta move to Australia if it does =)

" PEOPLE who grow or possess small amounts of cannabis for personal use will not be treated as criminals under new laws proposed by the State Government.
Instead, recreational users caught with two plants will be fined $200.  Users with less than 30g of the drug will be fined up to $150. "