News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Mark of the Devil?

Previous topic - Next topic

kakkarot

no, that would not really be feasible just because the use of physical money will never die out in a market driven economy. and you can't track who's buying what when they use physical money.

more likely i could see a government taking control of an economy and issuing new identification cards (nationwide ssn cards) that would also then be used as a "credit card" with each person having a personal bank account, which the government would, naturally, regulate. this would make it much easier to track people. and with technology as it is, the "cards" could be microchips instead. so i kinda circled back to what you had originally disagreed with, but hey, that's why people think the microchip thing is going to happen.

but really, the book of Revelations is quite explicit that the mark that would be put on everyone would be the number 666. (and just cause i'm an anal-retentive bible thumper (when it suits me[:P]), i'd like to point out that the number six hundred, three score, and six isn't the number of the beast but of, as the greek text is also quite explicit in stating, "a man".)

~kakkarot

James S

Come on now, you should all know what the mark of the devil is:

Shawn McCaffrey

lol

Personally i think one of 2 things

1) 666 is the numerical name for a philosipher and the church put that in there to drive people away from his teachings... (so ive heard)

2) our government will put chips in us simple as that and bush says he wants to! i mean anyone can see that everything in the bible about the apocolyse(sp) is right on the way we can see it coming right over the horizon... but the average person is way too blinded by the gov. too see it.

Rob

Seems like there is a fair bit of speculation on this, but most revolves around it having something to do with commerce.
Two interesting ones:
1) BEAST is, infact, the name of a giant supercomputer in the EU offices (I think there anywhere), represents some acronym. It is linked to banks, companies, and is used to track money on a massive scale. The mark is a barcode which is stamped on to the skin, into the subdermal layers. 666 (have heard this a few times) refers to the code for 6 being at the start, middle, and end of every bar code (called the "gaurd" bars) - looks like two thin parellel lines. But who the hell would have a bar-code imprinted on their forehead?? And, as a method of ID, would be easy to fake. But, it IS on all things....and this has already started happening in some places apparently.
2) Microchip, implanted just under the skin. The forehead and wrist are the warmest places in the body, which is what they are supposed to be powered by (gradient between skin side and body temp). 666?? Not sure.
I am sure we will all find out soon enough though!!
laters
Rob
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

CRIMINALMIND63

Have you ever had a psychic attack that is the real mark of the devil. You will have someone withyou at all times. Read a post by me in Psychic Self-defense. You can have your aura marked.

Anonymous

When I think of evil, Microsoft does come to mind. However, I think the devil is much more subtle than that. Think about what might look good, but is actually evil. Genetically altered foods? CriminalMind has a good point. What if he marks us by putting a thought into our heads, causing us somehow to open up an area where he can mark our auras? I read her post and it seems exactly like someting Satan would probably do. Pretend to be good and then betray you. Look around us. Technology makes us weaker in many ways. It corrodes the mind, it weakens our bodies and makes us dependent on it. We have forgotten the basics of survival. We could get them back, but nobody wants to, because we are under the illusion that we are safe.

kakkarot

ah, but it is not technology that makes us weak, it is our relenting to the luxuries that technology gives us. such weakness could also come about from relying too much on the luxuries of, say, magic? or ki? or psionics? or just about anything that can give you luxuries.

after all, i am going to be working in the IT sector of the economy and yet i have not forgotten at all how to survive. in fact i am counting on needing my survival skills (and many other skills) for when my time comes. maybe "nobody" else wants to, but i do. i have taken up the martial arts, so i know just how weak the human being really is. i am not illusioned at all [|)].

unfortunately many are. but couldn't we teach them? show them why depending on mere machines is stupid? sure we could. so why don't we? is a certain demon whispering in our ears that it would be foolish to do? or do WE realize that going against the norms of society would make our lives more "painful" with little gain, so we don't bother to do it?

but even so, this still doesn't answer what might be the mark of the devil, assuming there is one }:) . (but of course we must make certain assumptions when we start philosophical discussions such as this, nes?)

as for marking the aura: well, whatever can be marked can be erased.

[TV announcer's voice]: "This has been another not-so-exciting post from "
~kakkarot  ;p

Anonymous

New t-shirt idea: "Satan sucks!"

kakkarot

that's not new, though. bible thumpers already have stuff like that.

but i had an idea a while ago. instead of getting strange crystals and neat-o ornaments to enchant with certain things (like protections) why not use things that you wear everyday anyway? like you watch? or your glasses (if you wear them)? or your shoes? sure it might be a bit more difficult than with crystals, but it can be done.

so enchant them all to spiritually "spit" at demons and evil spirits whenever they come near  :D . twould be nifty.

~kakkarot

Anonymous

Technically, I do have a sapphire crystal face on my watch. So I guess that's a double bonus for me :).

Rob

"but i had an idea a while ago. instead of getting strange crystals and neat-o ornaments to enchant with certain things (like protections) why not use things that you wear everyday anyway? like you watch? or your glasses (if you wear them)? or your shoes? sure it might be a bit more difficult than with crystals, but it can be done."

Well, I think it is because you generally set aside something for a special job - so that in your mind it is placed into a more important spot than normal everyday stuff. Otherwise you could enchant your watch, spend loads of effort in doing so, but the energy and everything associated with it would be worn down with the mundane use. aaahh I don't think I am explaining this particularly well....
Real magickians often won't even show their tools to other people, don't let other people them touch them, and keep them wrapped up in black silk so their energy isn't leeched away.
So there are two effects: the actual energy inbued in them, and the psychological importance of that object. By making it something not very special both of these important facets are eroded away, decreasing their effectiveness.
Make sense??
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

kakkarot

you make sense inguma, but i disagree with the idea that using something for mundane uses will make its effectiveness erode too quickly to be of ... uh.. use.

i think it might be just a matter of how well a person can lock energy into things, and how well the person can recharge that energy when he/she realizes that it is low. of course this could also be done for something that looses energy quickly, but it would be more of a pain in the butt.

and of course, the mundane item may need to be enchanted in a slightly different manner; try putting a shield around the energy of the item so that it won't leak out, but make the shield so that it can be dropped and put up again effortlessly. then just key your mind into the shield so that you semiconsciously keep the shield enforced as you go about your daily life....

ok. maybe that is a bit too much for the lowerend energy users, but it would make great excercise for people to get better at what they do, right? [:D]

~kakkarot

(dangit, i seem to get off topic a lot.)

breeze

No offence, but is this only my imagination or do the posts under this topic look a bit greyish?

I am quite new to this forum. I thought that it was meant to exchange ideas and to give other people a lift and not to trade heavy thoughts that can weigh down someone. Or is this just a kind of horror stories for grown-ups?

I doubt that Johannes could have any knowledge of Microsoft or bar codes. His book was written for his time and not ours.

Johannes revelation is written during a time when emperor Domitian was trying to strengthen the cult of the ruler. A cult which popped up first with Alexander the Great. The Christian community was excluded from this cult just as long as it was titled a Jewish sect. But getting independent of the Jewish sect the special laws didn't apply to them any longer. Thus, Christians came into conflict with Roman law and the Roman authorities. As a member of the Christian community Johannes wanted to strengthen his people with the help of a book. A book which has many of its roots in the "Apocalyptic" an intellectual trend during the time of early Judaism.

The interpretation of the number 666 is still an unsolved mystery. It is easy to convert a name into a number, but it is very difficult to convert a number into a name. Especially if you don't know the alphabet which was used. Was it the Hebraic, Greek or Latin? However the most common interpretation is based on the Hebraic and is "Nero Cesar".

To get his message right Johannes even used a unique theology. Differently from the rest of the New Testament he pictured god as a ruler of all who sits enthroned in an unapproachable holiness. Apart from Christ all other creatures stay in a respectful distance.

The apocalyptic removes the influence of god on the presence. The presence is left to evil powers. Thus, under the control of evil any commitment or support for human beings gets useless or absurd.

I think this whole Johannes revelation is just rubbish. It does clearly form a contrast to what reality is. Most people in this forum should know this. As gods children we have nothing to fear and can have an indescribable nice life in this world. Please don't scare others who haven't discovered that yet. They easily get meaningless gossip wrong.

Sorry, maybe I am a bit too serious concerning this matter.  

Love and light,
breeze

Adrian

Greetings Breeze,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments.

I would just like to point out that Astral Chat forum is just that - a general chat area where more or less anything goes providing people observe proper netiquette etc..

Many of the topics here are not appropriate to the other forums,and indeed I find myself moving topics from other forums to here from time to time for that very reason  [:)]

Thank you for your own valued contributions.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

ssjoku

i think Bush is the anti-cris

kakkarot

the anti-chris, huh? bad chris, bad!. just kidding.

according to the bible (which is quite obviously where the term antichrist came from) there is no ONE anti christ, "anyone who denies the Christ as coming in the flesh is ... (something like "an evildoer") ... and an antichrist" (somewhere in 1 john or 2 john). just thought i'd point that out.

next on the list: breeze! just thought i'd also point out that the book of Revelations was written in Greek, not hebrew ("However the most common interpretation is based on the Hebraic and is "Nero Cesar".").

and you, kakkarot! get back on topic! NOW! (;))

i'm happy today.

~kakkarot

Anonymous

According to a couple of posts by Djm in Spiritual Development, the end is not near, just the end of the world as we know it. We are between ages. As Nostradamus predicts, two brothers will fall and a great war will come soon after, and then 1000 years of peace after the war. How interesting. Does this mean we can get rid of the concept of money in the new age? Please?

muzza

Well...if you listen to all the doomsayers they say part of the Apocalypse is everyone being 'marked' and 'tracked' by the devil. Up until now they have told us that there is a good possibility of it being from chips implanted in us....but how about tiny little radio frequency identifiers that we cant even see being attached to everything we buy? Then tracked through linking sales via electronic means (credit cards, etc) and the id's associated with the products we bought. Have a read of this http://news.com.com/2010-1069-980325.html