News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Mars probe image from Malin space science systems-Giant building!?!

Previous topic - Next topic

jason

enlarge the image using the arrows on the bottom of the image.Look about 6/7ths of the way down the image swath, near the bottom left side.There's what appears to be a perfectly symmetrical building... or something.Whatever it is, it looks unmistakably architectural, & must be HUGE.It looks almost like a curved triangle w/3 dots on top,& lines on one end.
www.msss.com/moc_gallery/s05_s10/full_gif_non_map/S06/S0601301.gif

I hope you can find it!

It made me do this:  :-o :?

Can anyone enlarge it, & post the image of it? I'm on a public computer, & don't know how. :-(

The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

paint1

Guess my mother was right, my eyesight is shot; I can't see anything. :-)

Astir

I cannot see anything either...but my eyesight is also horrible :-P

Stookie

Do you mean the huge pyramid next to the amusment park, just left of the McDonalds? It's plain as day.

Had to find the biggest picture on the internet didn't you? I think I see what your talking about... Really small though. It looks like a pyramid. Probably a natural formation with light hitting it just right like the "face" picture they caught on Mars.

Nay

I think you're talking about this...

http://www.mars-earth.com/dm/

This has been the topic of conversation for many years. 

jason

Quote from: TalaNay on February 13, 2007, 13:39:34
I think you're talking about this...

http://www.mars-earth.com/dm/

This has been the topic of conversation for many years. 

It's not that one-the "pyramid" is in Cydonia, this is in Casius (Northeast of the Cydonia).

If I could enlarge the image, I could show you what I mean.

To me, it just doesn't have a natural look to it-it's too symmetrical on both sides, & it has too many "architectural" features (3 "dots" same size on top, spaced out evenly, lines running off both directions of each dot, creating even segments,straight lines running off one end, perfectly spaced, perfect symmetry on both sides of curved triangular form...).

Perfect symmetry just doesn't happen on mountains, not to this degree. :|

CFTraveler

I couldn't see it either, but I had the impression I was looking at areas covered in snow and ice in sections, with rock underneath.  Beautiful.

bounda

Phasor

jason

Quote from: NodesOfYesod on February 13, 2007, 21:41:58
did you know that nasa alter all there images that are made public to edit out the blue skys ,green algie, and to add red everywhere to make it look un inhabitable  :cry:

This is apparently true-they even alter some of the mars probe images to hide certain details.I read that when NASA first saw images from Mars in the 1970's, someone went around to all the monitors, changing them from normal colors, to red.Someone went around turning them all back again, & was threatened w/being fired if he ever did that again.These days their agenda seems to be to ignore & deny.

Phasor-Thank you for posting that picture-that's it, definately! Look at the perfect symmetry on both sides, & the lines on the end.Fascinating. :lol: How did you get it that big, w/out it just turning to pixels? :?

It's a great close-up.There's no way that is a natural formation.Yesterday, I took the MSSS image & looked at it closer using Microsoft Word.Upon reversing the contrast (by accident), I noticed a perfectly square formation just to the right of whatever the image above is-lots of 90 degree angles,definately.It looks like a complex of some sort.Can you find this one? Look for a square to the right of it.

Phasor

Quote from: jason on February 14, 2007, 16:03:38
How did you get it that big, w/out it just turning to pixels? :?

It's pretty easy:
- crop the image
- convert it from indexed colors to grayscale or RGB
- repair the histogram (optional)
- scale it up (1200 percent; bicubic; stepwise with the help of a macro)
- deblur it
- sharpen it

Stookie

QuoteThere's no way that is a natural formation

I don't see anything that even slightly resembles anything artificial. It's blurry and taken too far from the surface for the resolution needed to make out more than plays of light & shadow. If the light source were coming from a different direction it probably wouldn't look anything like you see it now. I can't prove it natural, but I don't agree with spending a billion dollars to find out.

Phasor

jason

Quote from: Phasor on February 15, 2007, 12:04:46
I think it's just a cratered hill.

I think you're right.

Thread over.  :-(

Might as well remove this topic, please :-)

Astir

jason

Quote from: Astir on February 16, 2007, 20:45:56
I like looking at them all the same.  :-)

Me too.Very beautiful landforms on mars.I'd like to see other moons & planets w/this type of probe. :-)

Stookie

Oh yeah, Mars has a beautiful landscape.
I'd like to go there someday and build a pyramid. :)