News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Members' Artwork

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilkate

Beautiful works, Astir!  :tickle:

Heh, you reminded me of something that once happened to a friend of mine. She, too, is very keen on arts, and her favourite medium is acrylic paints. So once in her art class she was doing a picture of something that was mostly in green colours. Later on, when she was going home, she noticed that a young man was staring at her all the time in the bus. She made her proudest look (like "I don't care you're watching me, see, I turn away from your looks") and ignored him.
At home she looked in the mirror and understood, why the guy was staring at her so much - obviously, she had scratched her nose and forehead during the art class, and half of her face was covered with bright green smudges...  :approve:
~Our name is Eternity~

On my way to the infinite universe of Light and Unity.

Selski

I love the magazine one Astir - I bet you had loads of fun doing that!

I did a collage in November last year - used all sorts of stuff - material, old paintings, even autumn leaves.  It was great fun, only took me about 20 minutes to do and I have to say, it's pretty damn good.  It's now framed and on my wall.  :grin:

Some lovely stuff in this thread - keep them coming.

A couple more from me...

Sarah

[attachment deleted by admin]
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Vilkate

~Our name is Eternity~

Selski

You do?  I love slugs.   :grin:

However, I found one crawling out of my salad this weekend, and whilst I looked after him/her and put him out on the grass, I love slugs on my terms.  Not in my dinner!!   :puke:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And yes, I had washed the lettuce beforehand...

Sarah

Vilkate

Oh, this reminds me of a peach I ate last summer. It was a wonderful peach. Juicy. Sweet. Mmmm.....
After a bite or two I came to the thing that looks like nut inside peaches, plums, etc. (excuse me for this description, I don't know how it is called in English  :razz: ), and I bit it accidentally. It cracked open. Suddenly, an ant literally JUMPS out of it! And, man, it was HUGE!!! I had never been freaked out by an ant in such way..

HUGE, I tell you!  :jawdrop:
~Our name is Eternity~

Selski

Yikes!!!  

(And the term you want is a stone.)  :grin:

How bizarre - an ant in the centre of a stone in the centre of a peach.

:shock:

Sarah

Vilkate

Thanks for supporting my lexicon, Sarah! :)

Man, that ant was bizarre... I'll probably draw it!  :grin:
~Our name is Eternity~

AndrewTheSinger

It happened when I was eating an ant, it tasted strange, juicier than normal and then I noticed she had unlaid eggs!!!  j/k :)

But once when I was small I think I ate 'iça' at some friends of my family. It's toasted ants abdomen, goes with rice and sallad, don't know. If my memory serves me well it wasn't bad!
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

Vilkate

Andrew... You eat ants?....  :gone:

How large exactly they are in Brazil?
~Our name is Eternity~

AndrewTheSinger

LoL, I don't, I was joking.

The worker ants we usually see in houses are small, less than 1 cm I think, there are others even smaller, they say they appear when something's about to change, like a presage.

The ones that some people eat are kinda large, more than 2 cms, they have big bums :)

It's actually kinda rare you find someone that actually eats them, I heard that in the northwest it's kinda part of the folklore.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

Kodemaster

Quote from: VilkateOh, this reminds me of a peach I ate last summer. It was a wonderful peach. Juicy. Sweet. Mmmm.....
After a bite or two I came to the thing that looks like nut inside peaches, plums, etc. (excuse me for this description, I don't know how it is called in English  :razz: ), and I bit it accidentally. It cracked open. Suddenly, an ant literally JUMPS out of it! And, man, it was HUGE!!! I had never been freaked out by an ant in such way..

HUGE, I tell you!  :jawdrop:

As huge as this guy?

http://www.giecom.net/fuccillo/ad1-5-06.jpg

(People in Upstate NY and certain parts of the US will get this)

:wink:
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Vilkate

I've seen people eating random stuff, that's why I asked!  :smile:

The ant that had occupied my peach was about 3cm long.

Jen - yes, that huge, but much more appealing.  :razz:
~Our name is Eternity~

Astir

My scariest.
It still scares me.
Someone even bought it...  :shock:

Vilkate

I always knew that bunnies were scary... Nobody ever believed me...
~Our name is Eternity~

Astir

I know...what with those antenna-like ears...O_o

Vilkate

And those red eyes...
~Our name is Eternity~

Nay

That is cool Vilkate!  I love the brick wall... my eye is drawn towards that instead of the scary little girl.. :lol:

What medium did you use?  I wish everyone would just say that, because I honestly can't tell online.  Now, if I was looking at it in person, I could tell. :grin:

Vilkate

Umm, Nay, you mixed up a little - it's Astir's work!  :wink:

Oh, I wish I could paint like she can....
~Our name is Eternity~

Astir

Some fancy white colored pencil and I believe some chalk as well. On a black board.

Nay

Oops.. didn't see this till now.  Sorry bout the mix up. :grin:  Great drawing Astir.

Darren

This is a painting i did in arcrylic for my Final piece in art 'college' for my first year. It's about 110cm by 50cm average. ( A small portion of the painting is cut from the image though, only the slight left side)

As you can see it's inspired by my passion for spiritual meanins in life - OBE and just other personal meanings and obviously sticking to the brief of my art project! Which was ''structures within structures'', I get my results in august.

I would appriciate it if you could leave a reply so i can see people's opinion on my work. Since you lot will probablly understand this piece more than anyone this means alot. ( I'm 17 by the way lol)

O and this painting was submitted out of my area to enter a competion to go to be exhibited in Newzeland (and a bunch of other prizes) just for some info.

Thanks, Darren!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nay

Thanks for doing that Darren!  

Astir commented:
Quote from: Astir
Quote from: nayHey Darren. Awesome painting! I've worked in acrylics but found they dried way too quickly for my taste.

A medium that demands much patience.

What a lovely piece!

And Falsetigerlimbs commented:

QuoteThat is truly amazing. You are really talented. It's such a great concept.

I also made this topic a sticky, so it will stay up top and I don't have bumble through this moving of topic thing again. :lol:

Nay

Quote from: astirA medium that demands much patience.

You have to know exactly what you want to paint and where you want it to go, that's for sure.   So, I would say a lot of thought goes into it before hand.  With oils, that's the great thing, you can start out with half an idea, a whole idea, or no idea and you can change your mind over and over, while your painting,  if you want. :grin:

Darren

I do this with acrylic, it's more versatile than you think! Also you can add other solutions to stop it drying as fast but i haven't used this.

Astir

I've come to like watercolor over both acrylic and oil.
Although I can do a lot more with oil...I hate the mess. It gets everywhere and sometimes it doesn't dry fast enough for me. Acrylic annoys me because I guess...I don't really know how to use it (I've only painted with it once).

People often mistake my watercolor paintings for acrylic though...