News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Members' Artwork

Previous topic - Next topic

Stookie_

I haven't posted any art in a few weeks because I've been working on this window for my shop:

I think I've invented a new stained-glass technique, because when I was calling people in the industry looking for advice on how to do it, I kept hearing "I don't know, I've never heard of anyone wanting to do that before".

personalreality

That's really cool Stookie.

I did some stained glass work in high school art class (i think i made a big sunflower for my mom).

It was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it.  I'd love to do it again if I ever get some legit studio space.

But again, I can't express how great that is.  It's really really good.
be awesome.

Stookie_

Thanks PR :)  Over the weekend I built a backbox for it and put fluorescent lighting in it. I'll post another picture of it after it's fully installed and lit up.

Stillwater

Yeah... I have had friends that did some stained glass... that looks like it was murder to cut  :wink:
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Stookie_

Quote from: Stillwater on October 01, 2012, 11:54:43
that looks like it was murder to cut  :wink:

Not when you have access to a high powered laser-beam. If I could just figure out how to attach it to a shark's head...

Really, it's a glass door from my old entertainment center. I painted one side of it black, then engraved through the paint down to the glass, then used enamel glass paint. I have one more door left, though I don't know what I'll do with it yet.

Stookie_

Stillwater

Ahhhh, ok.

I have done some laser cutting for furniture designs, it is great fun... you can do all sorts of things that you could never do by hand really... "laser precision" is not an exaggeration!

Stookie_

Quote from: Stillwater on October 01, 2012, 16:06:45
Ahhhh, ok.

I have done some laser cutting for furniture designs, it is great fun... you can do all sorts of things that you could never do by hand really... "laser precision" is not an exaggeration!

Yep. The irony of what I'm doing is I spend hours drawing everything by hand, scan it in, and then let the engraver cut it in less than 30 minutes. I made a jigsaw puzzle several years back where I used the laser engraver to cut out all the pieces. There's a lot of neat things you can do, though it's primarily used for real business. I need to find a way to merge art and business...

silwer

I feel bad about posting a watermarked image here so I just link to my deviantart profile instead :3 (hope thats ok ^^;)

http://frostnight.deviantart.com/

Stillwater

QuoteI need to find a way to merge art and business...

The problem is that they are antagonistic to one another, with entirely disparate goals that are often at exact odds.

Business is interested in art insofar as it can exploit it for profit, and art is interested in business insofar as it is an atmosphere where it is allowed at least a tortured and tenuous existence  :wink:

Like imagine if a person with no interest in money or business were given the resources Hollywood normally lavishes on stuff like transformers...

Stookie_

Quote from: Stillwater on October 12, 2012, 01:50:08
The problem is that they are antagonistic to one another, with entirely disparate goals that are often at exact odds.

Business is interested in art insofar as it can exploit it for profit, and art is interested in business insofar as it is an atmosphere where it is allowed at least a tortured and tenuous existence  :wink:

Like imagine if a person with no interest in money or business were given the resources Hollywood normally lavishes on stuff like transformers...

You're right. The majority of marketable art is compromised to be profitable. The real artists who make good money doing it are rare. People like Alex Grey, as amazingly talented as he is, have a dedicated niche audience. I suppose if you could find your niche it would be easier after that. And if it's just a fad, you won't be in business for long.

Stookie_

Lionheart

Very nice Stookie. That looks like the Astral Highway I travel on quite often. It's a beautiful mountainous scenario with tight hairpin turns and all kinds of unexpected curves in the road. I am either completely a POV, flying, driving my truck or even on a motorcycle while enjoying the scenery. You got the "depth" just right!  :-)

majour ka

Quote from: Bedeekin on August 30, 2012, 16:01:59
Here is one of my Faeries. Murvle

thats incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

AteBits

Heres some of mine (more or less not associated with spirituality, well some perhaps):

majour ka

majour ka

Quote from: AteBits on October 16, 2012, 05:54:20
Heres some of mine (more or less not associated with spirituality, well some perhaps):

Brilliant! love the drawings and great job on the figure, war hammer? i used to paint them for a shop, this make me wanna start again!

silwer

Finally figured out how to do this! This is my newest :3

Stookie_

Bedeekin

Here's some stuff that I can now put out online without upsetting the artist who commissioned it...

These were designed and sculpted by me... They are about 3 feet tall and made primarily from fiberglass and polyurethane.

I then was the main sculptor on this 16 feet high version of Winter for the National Gallery in Washington D.C. ...

and then made the other three

Which now reside in Phoenix Arizona... go see them... you can walk around them and go... 'oooooooh that's ironic... 'Winter' in the desert. This is Winter being constructed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35p1XBMXxBs&feature=share

Stookie_

Stookie_

Bedeekin

You must go through a hell of a lot of blue pens Stookie! ;)

Stookie_

I bought a whole box of them a couple months ago, though in January I plan on switching mediums. I'm looking forward to using more than 1 color :D

AstralCody

Stookie that's amazing! I am getting back into art myself. I don't have much artwork I can put on here because well, I haven't drawn in forever. I have always been artistic and love to draw. I thought I would show my tattoo though. It means a lot to me. My dad has the same one (kinda) and I don't get to see him much anymore. I messed with mine a bit and added water etc. It relates to my projections too so it meant a lot getting it. I passed out at the end... It doesn't hurt but seven hours and NO breaks! Next time I am loading up on water and food before getting one. :lol: