News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

MIB quote

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

Here is something fun to discuss. What do you all think about the following line from MIB (Men in Black)  in regards to letting everyone know currently kept secrets
"A person is smart. People are dumb..."

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

DarknChildlike

I like that quote,. Very sharp edge in that one. Idk how I feel about it but it made me smile.

Idk how ppl would react to the truth of everything,. Hollywood has done a real job of desensitizing,. I mean, they've already said yes ufo are real but what are they, we doNt know. And no one batts an eye,. But if Hollywood or the cia make a reporter say there is disgust across the nation tonight as blah blah blah it almost manifests a reaction,.

Very strange way in which the media the truth and public opinion / reaction are related to each other,.

Fifty years ago ppl may have done drastic things over drastic ground shaking realities but I think we as a ppl could keep our heads above water as a species/ nation / body of life forms trying to survive.

EscapeVelocity

Great movie, lots of great and insightful moments, great series of three movies...a fair amount of NP truth hidden throughout. Art in a very true manner.

An efficient and insightful statement. Some aspect of the true nature of humanity, we are a mixture of peoples with differing abilities, strengths and levels of understanding/wisdom. A mixture of self-aware wolves and herd-mentality sheep. The most carnivorous of the wolves have, throughout history, known how to take advantage, how to drive the larger herd in the direction they desire. Something different occurs now in a pandemic such as the Wuhan Virus, even the wolves that unleashed it are now caught in a river's current they cannot swim against; even many of the rest of the world's wolves are caught in this swift current, along with the world's sheep, being swept along we know not where. Even if we think ourselves as slightly more aware, thinking beings and wolf-like, we are also swept along...we accept provisionally the early pronouncements of our political/medical/economic authorities, but pretty quickly we begin to question their judgments, then resist the ensuing restrictions...we finally realize they are not better than most of us- they are just guessing; but by that time it is too late, the die is pretty much cast.

I can't do the link at the moment but for an interesting read, search sheep logic epsilon theory. I think this read speaks directly to LB's excellent topic. My only disagreement with it is one of 'inherent wolf quality good or evil'.

Good luck to us all
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

LightBeam

Good points both of you! By the way, I appear on one of the movies. But I cant tell you which scene. Don't want to reveal my identity.  :-D But I had the privilege to visit the set with a friend of mine who worked in the production and they placed me in one of the scenes. I met Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. 
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

EscapeVelocity

So cool! A great excuse for me to watch all three again and wonder! :-D
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

DarknChildlike

Hahaha I can't even If I tie a steak to my neck I can't get the dogs to plYa with me, and you got friends like that ? :P :)

LightBeam

Quote from: DarknChildlike on May 29, 2020, 03:46:02
Hahaha I can't even If I tie a steak to my neck I can't get the dogs to plYa with me, and you got friends like that ? :P :)

haha, no don't think like that. Remember that our inner world (thoughts, emotions, beliefs) create our outer world, not the other way around. Since I was a child I have always believed that nothing is impossible. Although I grew up in a very small town in the middle of Eastern Europe and didn't go anywhere until my late teen years, my mind knew no borders. It stretched to the farthest places of the universe. I had big dreams, to explore and experience adventures. I didn't know when or how, I just knew that nothing was impossible. I guess these thoughts and desires eventually manifested a series of events that started in my early 20s and opened many doors and opportunities. Dont ever limit your beliefs of what is possible and what is not based on what you observe in this reality or your current circumstances. Always dream big and believe, no matter what. Our thoughts are like a projector with a tape. What we experience in our reality is the projection on the wall. Replace the tape with whatever you would like to see on that wall.
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

Well I like that quote. Sometimes I'm a people and sometimes I'm a person, lol.
Dang EV, love your comparisons of sheep and wolf, it's again the people/person quote with great imagery.
I actually have felt often I was in that current and admit to sometimes being one or the other. I wonder if that's normal for you guys as well or do you feel your were/are always one or the other.

Man, ya'll are on a roll today LIghtBeam, your projector camparison is awesome. So now I see a rolling projected image of a current washing away sheep and wolves alike.

I think my brain just exploded.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

DarknChildlike

Yes these comments all complimented each other in such a way, as to give a stream of consciousness vibe,. Could be a comic strip, no? ;)

Haha I was mostly just teasing about the friends thing,. I am just glad some people have great friends, I used to when I was younger, ever since I had my little boy I've kind of felt like there is no time for adult stuff. Don't like to drink anymore or stay up late watching movies, just want to keep the vibe, entertainment, simple and pure around him and most of the friends I had when I grew up we're not good people,.

Will meet some good old boy, wholsome cats one day!