News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Why am I not in command of my travels?

Previous topic - Next topic

tasmangirl

I have been actively and consciously astro projecting and travelling for over a year now...  I have been resisting for so  long as it usually starts with sleep parallyis which I do not like.  There are two ways I come out.. very fast which i dont like and try to resist (sometimes I win, others times I lose) or slowly and this is the method i prefer as it gives me a chance to come to terms with the fact I am leaving my body and going to travel.
My journeys are always quick... and I am flying high over places.. the ocean, roof tops, sometimes i sweep down low on the rooftops and other times i command to go faster.
I go to places I have never been before... and  I meet people I have never met before.. we have conversations and I have started asking them where I am.. and the most amazing thing is when they tell me, I remember in my waking hour and look it up on the internet and the place exists in our world even though I have never heard of it before. 
I have come to the conclusion that when i dont fly over cities or seas and just come out through the wall of my house or roof and am at my destination imediately like stepping into another room, then I have gone to a parallel universe as although I seem to be in a world very much like ours, the places I am told I am at do not exist when i check them later.. and also one time I was flying around a school gym and going through people who could not see me.
The question I have is... on literature I have read on the subject by experts.... they all say we can command where to go.... but it does not happen to me. I come out and say i want to go back to my hometown or some place else to visit a friend the other side of the world and I never ever go.. even if am very specific.  My body has a will of its own and I go to all places.. including outer space and once under the ocean... I was swimming with fish and could breath under water.. and there was this big white thing over me that went on for along time... I decided it was an iceberg but when i soared up into the sky and flew away.. I looked back and saw it was a huge ocean liner and not an iceberg.
Gosh I could go on forever as i have had lots of experiences, (one terrifying) but most beautiful and very exhilarating and I have so many questions on this subject and no one to ask.
No one I know does this.. and when i have tentatively brought up the subject to friends .. they look at me if I am mad, on drugs or a liar!! 
So is there anyone out there who could please help me with my question.  I also have others but will leave that for another time.
Thanks

Lionheart

Hello, try to start your Travels off with a visual image. If you wish to go to the beach, start by seeing the oceans/lake from above as you are flying. Then use the intent to land, now start looking around, you will see that things and situations are starting to occur. This I find is my "lesson" for this session. When you you meet people, ask them why you are there. The same as new destinations, there is never anything wrong with questioning. Sometimes I Phase with 0 intent. Just to go see what happens. This can be a lot of fun because you never know where you are going to end up. I also keeps logs on all my sessions. You will find this a great methodology because so much happens in the Astral that it is hard to keep a good memory of every occurrence. I notice when I read back what has happened in the last month lets say, that I find that some of the different scenes start to come together. You will keep experiencing a lesson until you finally understand the reason for it. Hopefully this helps you.
Good Luck!  :-)

Xanth

Probably because you're not in control of your own mind.  At least not completely.

You need to be able to hold a focused thought/Intent for extended periods of time if you're to control what you do and where you go.  Otherwise, you're literally at the whim of your random thoughts.

Meditation <-- Key to learning to control your mind and body.

tasmangirl

Thanks people, that makes sense. I have tried so long to fight this but my body is just so eager to leave and travel. When I do allow myself to go the only thoughts I have are 'where am i going to go now'  and then  I quickly think of a destination but I never visualise it... never thought to do it.
I recently had a very scary experience in my bedroom as i was starting to 'leave' and now when I do float up and away..all I can think about is this dark creature I saw (it was like a big black butterfly or moth that was flapping its wings above me... it then flew down onto my face and I felt extreme pressure on my forehead, it then tried to suck air out of my mouth)  I screamed for real and woke my husband up... and so I mentally machine gun everything in my path.. just incase it is lurking again.
Someone said it was a physic parasite... and it was feeding on my fear.. but it is hard to not feel fear now when I come out.  Other than that, all my travels have been wonderful. 
Thanks for reading.