News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

My problem with God

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan McDougall

Perhaps god is a duality 1(evil) below dominance of death in nature

Life is sustained by death (evil god)

The main piece of evidence here is biological matter and the food chain. All life dies biological life decays, erodes, fades, and becomes diseased and ill if it does not sustain itself. To sustain itself nearly all life, except the least living elements of life, kills and eats other life. If not this, then it consumes biological matter at the expense of other living beings; the fight for food is also a case of living beings being required to outdo each other merely to survive.

If life was created, and not simply the result of undirected unconscious evolution (as seems sensible), this is surely the worst possible way to have created life. It appears very much that life cannot survive without causing suffering for other life. A god could not have created a more vicious cycle if it tried: tying the very existence of life with the necessary killing of other life is the work of an evil genius, not of an all-powerful and all-loving god, that could choose if it wanted to sustain all life immediately and forever with manna from heaven. However, it seems such an all-powerful good god does not exist

"A god could not have created a more vicious cycle if it tried: tying the very existence of life with the necessary killing of other life is the work of an evil genius, not of an all-powerful and all-loving god "(maybe?)

Or

Alternatively, god created evil for a purpose we cannot comprehend.

On the other hand, evil comes from the creation (us) and not the creator. .I can't buy this as it makes god out as a imperfect fallible creator

On the other hand, there could be two fundamental gods. 1. = Evil dark hating vengeful unforgiving author of death (maybe called Satan or Devil.).

2. The God of our understanding, goodness, mercy, forgiveness light hope and infinite love (strangely have written a short story based on just this very concept, I can email it to you if you want.

On transgression or evil call it what you will, I definitely differentiate here. For example, a poor boy steals a loaf of bread for his starving family equated to the evil of a Hitler. Surely, a merciful God cannot view the consequences for these two transgressions in the same light.

Regard

Alan
Take Care

Alan

CFTraveler

Do you welcome debate on this?

Alan McDougall

Quote from: CFTraveler on January 15, 2010, 22:28:27
Do you welcome debate on this?

of course that is the reason I posted the thread!!
Take Care

Alan

CFTraveler

Ok then here we go:
Quote from: Alan McDougall on January 13, 2010, 22:29:32
Perhaps god is a duality 1(evil) below dominance of death in nature

Life is sustained by death (evil god)

The main piece of evidence here is biological matter and the food chain. All life dies biological life decays, erodes, fades, and becomes diseased and ill if it does not sustain itself. To sustain itself nearly all life, except the least living elements of life, kills and eats other life. If not this, then it consumes biological matter at the expense of other living beings; the fight for food is also a case of living beings being required to outdo each other merely to survive.
Of course, this is from the point of view of the form and not life itself- it could be said that life is self-sustaining- when individual units decay, other units use this energy to continue in another form.  It's to be noted (and I don't have the necessary documentation here to back up this claim, so I'll only postulate it as a theory:  A lot of predator-prey relationships cull the 'weak' from the herd, thus benefiting the species involved.  So the form is subordinated to life in principle.

QuoteIf life was created, and not simply the result of undirected unconscious evolution (as seems sensible), this is surely the worst possible way to have created life.
Only from the point of view of the form- from the point of view of the entire organism (let's say the earth in general) it's an incredibly balanced and intricate way to keep life moving and changing, while sustaining itself.

QuoteIt appears very much that life cannot survive without causing suffering for other life.
Suffering only applies to human life- other species feel pain' sometimes intensely, but suffering is a choice, and most animals don't choose to suffer when they are in pain.  We are the only ones who cling to pain and turn it into suffering.  We are the ones who think in terms of suffering, victimization, and loss.

QuoteA god could not have created a more vicious cycle if it tried: tying the very existence of life with the necessary killing of other life is the work of an evil genius, not of an all-powerful and all-loving god, that could choose if it wanted to sustain all life immediately and forever with manna from heaven. However, it seems such an all-powerful good god does not exist
That would only be true if life were only biological, but if life is eternal, and form is what is temporal, then it is not really vicious, it is a mechanism for change and growth.  Does life need change and growth?  I don't know, that may be another post.

QuoteAlternatively, god created evil for a purpose we cannot comprehend.
I don't see it that way- To have any type of perspective (that is, more than one point of view, there will inevitably come a time when we judge something as evil, even though it may not be inherent.  Just the ability to have some sort of choice will result in some sort of disagreement, in a 'free will zone'.  So if we have the capacity to choose, we will have the capacity to judge, and that is where evil comes from- from our capacity to choose.
So it's not that the system is flawed because of our ability to judge something as evil, it's that from the point of view of the form only, the system seems flawed because we have the ability to choose to do evil, if our point of view is small enough.

QuoteOn the other hand, there could be two fundamental gods. 1. = Evil dark hating vengeful unforgiving author of death (maybe called Satan or Devil.).
I won't even go there.  Fundamental means 'basic' as in 'the only nature' you can't have to fundamental forces- forces are only seen as opposite if there is a point of view, which requires partiality, and there is no fundament in partiality.

QuoteOn transgression or evil call it what you will, I definitely differentiate here. For example, a poor boy steals a loaf of bread for his starving family equated to the evil of a Hitler. Surely, a merciful God cannot view the consequences for these two transgressions in the same light.

Regard

Alan
Which IMO shows that partiality is an incomplete view of the situation, and from God's point of view isn't even 'real'.  But that's another post.  :wink:

GANAMOHA

I stand at the threshold of what could be a new world

NoY

How about this perspective

There are two gods.
in the beginning there was darkness and god said I'm dark

the holy spirit is female and the first one her female hemesphere is angel and her male devil (alternate good)
and then the fire element god YOU half angel and half daemon.

its the devils sacred duty to weed the rot out of the herd to keep it fit
its the daemons job to be kings of heaven.
and angels the image of god(good) to supports all life.

all universes compete for the same future because everybody asks for good.
because the idea of death exists the reality does and someone must live it.

if the dark one is evil and the light one is good the universe is balanced. you cant help where your born but its up to you to migrate to the bit that suits you via universal ordering

:NoY:

AmbientSound

Quote from: NoY on January 26, 2010, 15:20:45
you cant help where your born but its up to you to migrate to the bit that suits you via universal ordering

And what of one's friends and family? Out of hope, faith, and charity (love), is not the greatest of these charity?

NoY

there would be a version of your family in every universe you would not miss them
in truth they stopped being your mum as soon as they made there first choice after you was born.
you have like a billion parallel versions of them but getting them to migrate to  the top of there game along with you would displace the one that most deserves it, would that be love?

AmbientSound

Then what makes me any different than them? What makes me more deserving than them?

NoY

so youd choose to live with lesser versions of them and a lesser life for your self because you wont abandon a hand full of versions of them to there own choices?

thats pretty. but wether you like it or not every time eather of you makes a single choice you get another version of them

AmbientSound

Quote from: NoY on January 28, 2010, 07:03:26
so youd choose to live with lesser versions of them and a lesser life for your self because you wont abandon a hand full of versions of them to there own choices?

Not necessarily, I'm simply interested to know what justifies one version getting the best and the other not so that I can get a better idea of the idea you are conveying.

Quote from: NoY on January 28, 2010, 07:03:26thats pretty. but wether you like it or not every time eather of you makes a single choice you get another version of them

The truth is, we will never be able to know for certain because, based on that theory, we are only experiencing one of those universes at a time, which means we cannot know where (what universe) a different choice would bring us. For example, friends you spend a lot of time with. What if you chose not to befriend those people? How would your life be different? Where would another choice have taken you? You will never know.

Perhaps we are all plugged into one Universe but create our reality around us by the way we interface with it and each other. How you interact with others using the Universe will show you different sides of them as well. I would say that if there is a supreme creator, then it would take the simplest and straightest path to manifesting its intention.

There are three main components of interaction:

Projection - your output/action
Filtration - what portion of others' projections you block out or throw away
Interpretation - how you perceive what is left of others' projections