News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Original Thought

Previous topic - Next topic

Selski

Hi guys and gals

I've been wondering about this lately.

How often do you reckon you have an original thought? Not so much a thought that you believe no-one else has ever thought of, but a thought that seems new to you - one that you've never thought of before.

I rarely get them and it might be because I'm not great at silencing (or lowering the volume) of my mind. Or it might be because I'm not the brightest button on the shirt.  :-D

Another question. What was your latest original thought?

Looking forward to reading the replies.  8-)

We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Karxx Gxx

I've been looking that that recently. It's been a minute-ish. ill have the same thoughts 90% of the time. When I do differnt things they pop up. Or when I meditate/observe myself/thoughts and such. Dont really remember my last 'original' thought but it was close to 'he's doing it!'
Your way is The way

Nameless

Ah, good question. I came across some news the other day regarding a new discover found somewhere or other. It was those lines you can see from above like the nazca lines which are pretty much famous.

My 'new' thought was I wondered if they could have perhaps been ancient crop circles. I wondered if perhaps decades/centuries from now some of our current crop circles might become permanent marks on the earth.

So it was an epiphany, probably not so much a totally original thought as just new to me. Happens a lot. I either think too much or not enough.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

ThaomasOfGrey

I think I have original thoughts every day. Sometimes multiple per day. In some ways I cheat and or have special advantages though.

I have been developing a video game for 5 years that is a new genre so much of the development involves new ideas. One example is using non-linear time progression in turn based strategy games.

I spend a decent amount of time each day communing with my higher self. It's rare to not have original messages coming down that pipeline.

The final stop is that I do enjoy using cannabis and original ideas is the biggest appeal in that experience for me. It always blows me away how many new and original ideas can come from say watching an episode on TV that you have seen 10 times before.

Karxx Gxx

When that game comes out, sign me up!
Your way is The way

ThaomasOfGrey

Haha, will do. I think you'd dig it based on that avatar - it's a strategist's game that was originally inspired by an old Naruto forum game named the Konoha Colosseum.

funfire

Too be honest I would assume every thought I have to be original, but at the same time it isn't. Sometimes I think everything has already been thought of but not experienced. it's as if a white board stretching out to infinity was completely covered with black marker(for unknown reasons). Depending on your intent/thought pattern you would erease a specif area revealing your thought, and that specific thought (being the ereased area) was always their. it feels as if that entire black board could be my own thoughts but arn't, and are just waiting to be unlocked with the right sort of thought pattern/feeling.

Another thing, when it comes to thoughts. I have tried to analyze what my thoughts really are, still an odd mystery but i've made progress. while passively observing my thoughts I would come up with a question or a statement while most likely playing a game, becuase it helps me observer my mind passivley while another part of me just plays the game. When I throw out the question/statement it's like playing pong in my head. The ball being the idea/statement/question and the walls that bounce the idea around to be my thoughts or what I believe to be my thoughts. when I bounce an idea off my thoughts I'll get a response (ball being hit back) seemingly very similar to my own thought process but sometimes the thought feels foreign as if it was another version of me or someone elses thought but at the same time it was also my thought. It's very interesting and I hope to learn more. Also in learning this I have found my own understanding of what schizophrenia could be. It's just to bad you can't put a full fledged experience on paper lol, perhaps one day.  :-)

Selski

Great replies - thanks everyone.  :-)

Would love to see the game when it's finished Thaomas - sounds intriguing!  8-)
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.