The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 06, 2021, 14:38:50

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A terrible hynagogic experience please help  (Read 1467 times)
Alan McDougall
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2008, 05:33:15 »

Hi,

Maybe someone can explain this unpleasant experience I have been having lately (years ago I also had it) I go to sleep and then in a semi -paralyzed state of awareness I feel an unbearable pressure in my head to the point of it exploding, then my whole body feels as if it was in the grip of some monstrous hand squeezing me to death. At the same time, I become very sexually agitated trying in vain to copulate with some unknown long forgotten woman that I had no particular affinity. Guys about the sexual peace I am a grizzled old veteran long past this type of adventure

I really hope someone out there can help or explain.

I try to move my arms through what seems  very thick almost liquid air, in vain at the point of what I think is near death I awake, thinking what the heck!! was all that about??

Alan

Take Care

Alan
Venus_Goddess_of_Love
Astral Energy 3

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:56:24 »

Alan, do not worry at all.  The hypnagogic state  is a bit of a grey area; i.e. neither scientists nor OBE'ers know if anything is for real or not.  I personally think it's a combination of astral and hallucinations.  Dr Waldo Vieira's book Projectiology defines it as (Greek: hipnos, sleep; and agogos, conductor) - "the transitional twilight condition of the consciousness that characterises the somnolent interval between the ordinary, physical waking state and the state of natural seep; the altered state of consciousness introductory to natural sleep, characterised by oneiric images, hallucinatory visions and representations with visual and auditory effects, due to exacerbation of the imagination".  He also goes on to say that the hypnagogic state is an ideal opportunity to project.

I used to have loads of them when I was younger - like someone or something heavy pressing my chest.  My teachers at IAC recently told me that it's when your body falls asleep before your consciousness leaves it - because as you know we leave our bodies every time we sleep, most of the time just hovering above it unconsciously (and for the lucky ones like yourself consciously astralling around the universe!).  I recently had an unpleasant hypnagogic experience and posted it on this forum which you might be interested to read http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_experiences/trapped_inside_my_body_by_an_astral_being-t27653.0.html;msg228752#msg228752

The way I comfort myself is that I should not expect this journey (of enlightenment) to be smooth sailing.  There will be unpleasantness and obstacles in the way but through determination I will get to a stage when I will happily project every night!

Venus grin

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:56:24 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Venus_Goddess_of_Love
Astral Energy 3

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:00:11 »

oops, I posted the wrong link - read this one instead http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/question_about_hypnagogic_state_hallucination_or_projection-t27732.0.html;msg229229#msg229229

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: