News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

need to know if this is right

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowhound

Hey thank you for the cool forum and i would like to ask something

a few days ago i was having a chat on youtube about the ocult and astral projection and other stuff and this guy said astral projection is bad here is what he said could some of you please help me out if you don't mind and clear my head

What you are talking about is purely to do with the occult, and the occult is the devil's territory! The Bible warns us to totally avoid all contact with the occult, and the reason is that you are opening yourself up to demons and possible demonic possession, when you mess with the occult in any form, including astral projection, witchcraft, casting spells, astrology, fortune telling of any kind (this includes the ouija board, crystal balls, tarot cards and such things).

If you are wise you will not mess with any of these things! Levitation and divination also included

There is no way you can protect yourself of you do participate in anything to do with the occult!

The devil is not going to protect you against himself, and God won't either, because you are sinning when you do it, since God has already told you not to in the Bible!

To ask God to protect you in advance, would be like a thief asking God to protect him from the police, while he is committing a theft! Do you think God would honor that prayer?

The only sure way to combat demons is through the power and authority of Jesus Christ! In the Bible Jesus tells us that He has delegated the authority to cast out demons to Born Again Christians. So anyone who is truly Born Again, can cast our demons and forbid them to bother him!

If you want to learn more about what Born Again is all about, just message me back and ask!

With Peace in Jesus!
Joel

Thank you also im not that religous im really intrested in astral projection and OBE and spells and stuff

kurtykurt42

I find it best just to ignore the comments on youtube.  :-)

shadowhound

okay cool but a guy sent me this in a message :) so is astral projection a good thing because i find it is

kurtykurt42

Sure astral projection is fun for everyone! Except crazy people like the guy that PMed you.

shadowhound

haha thank you for putting my mind at rest :) time to try a bit of medditation see if i can relax fully :) i wanna learn how to AP :)

AmbientSound

lol... this guy is WAY off the mark. You should recommend the movie Zeitgeist to this guy. Does he know that Freemasonry is about the occult?

shadowhound

i dunno but i will reccomend the film :) also im not to bright on all this subject hehe :)

Xanth

Yeah, dude who said that doesn't have a clue.
Best to just ignore him.  :)

CFTraveler

Quote from: shadowhound on January 28, 2010, 19:30:03
Hey thank you for the cool forum and i would like to ask something

a few days ago i was having a chat on youtube about the ocult and astral projection and other stuff and this guy said astral projection is bad here is what he said could some of you please help me out if you don't mind and clear my head

What you are talking about is purely to do with the occult, and the occult is the devil's territory! The Bible warns us to totally avoid all contact with the occult, and the reason is that you are opening yourself up to demons and possible demonic possession, when you mess with the occult in any form, including astral projection, witchcraft, casting spells, astrology, fortune telling of any kind (this includes the ouija board, crystal balls, tarot cards and such things).

If you are wise you will not mess with any of these things! Levitation and divination also included

There is no way you can protect yourself of you do participate in anything to do with the occult!

The devil is not going to protect you against himself, and God won't either, because you are sinning when you do it, since God has already told you not to in the Bible!

To ask God to protect you in advance, would be like a thief asking God to protect him from the police, while he is committing a theft! Do you think God would honor that prayer?

The only sure way to combat demons is through the power and authority of Jesus Christ! In the Bible Jesus tells us that He has delegated the authority to cast out demons to Born Again Christians. So anyone who is truly Born Again, can cast our demons and forbid them to bother him!

If you want to learn more about what Born Again is all about, just message me back and ask!

With Peace in Jesus!
Joel

Thank you also im not that religous im really intrested in astral projection and OBE and spells and stuff
If you want to meet this guy in his own terms tell him that AP is mentioned in the bible as something that prophets and apostles did, and that what most fundamentalist churches call 'occult' and 'of the devil' are called Gifts of the Spirit by the Bible.  They can stop taking what others say and read it by themselves.
So:

"1 Cor
2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, and he himself is judged of no man.
2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
3:16 Know ye not that ye are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
12:5 And there are diversities of ministrations, and the same Lord.
12:6 And there are diversities of workings, but the same God, who worketh all things in all.
12:7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit to profit withal.
12:8 For to one is given through the Spirit the word of wisdom; and to another the word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit:
12:9 to another faith, in the same Spirit; and to another gifts of healings, in the one Spirit;
12:10 and to another workings of miracles; and to another prophecy; and to another discernings of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; and to another the interpretation of tongues:
12:11 but all these worketh the one and the same Spirit, dividing to each one severally even as he will.
12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of the body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ.
12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondly prophets, thirdly teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, divers kinds of tongues.
12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
12:30 have all gifts of healings? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
12:31 But desire earnestly the greater gifts. And moreover a most excellent way show I unto you.
14:1 Follow after love; yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy."

So in 14:1 it says you should desire spiritual gifts, and don't accept man's judgement (on 2:15).

Here's more:

"2 Corinthians 12
I must boast; not that it is profitable, but I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord.
I know someone in Christ who, fourteen years ago (whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows), was caught up to the third heaven.
And I know that this person (whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows)
was caught up into Paradise and heard ineffable things, which no one may utter."

Obviously talking about OBE here, and as a good thing too. "I must boast..."

But wait, there's more:
Rev 1:10 "I was in the spirit on the lords day...." and John goes on to describe his astral travel. 

So it's not that the bible condemns it, it's that modern orthodox (or fundamentalist, or strict, take your pick) don't want us to do any of what the old prophets did, because it would prove what Jesus said- that we can do what he did.  And they'd rather ignore that little factoid, because it gives their clergy the power.

kurtykurt42

I've never read the bible before. There is a bible study group near my house that get together every couple of days at a nearby church. I think one of these day I might go and listen.

I have gone to the Muslim church / school a couple times and talked with the old priest there. We talked about reincarnation and interdimensional beings. He wants me to come and talk to their group about some of what I explained to him. Sounds like a trap to me!