News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

How DO you meditate?

Previous topic - Next topic

Realisation

Seems like a stupid question, but this is actually one of the things I don't get.
What is/are the best ways to meditate?

Xanth

What do you currently do?
Perhaps we can assist in helping you find a new method that might work for you?  :)

Realisation

That's the thing: I don't do anything, because I don't know how to do it. :L

mo

i just try to relax my mind and dont react emotionally to anything that happens. it sometimes literally feels like relaxing a muscle in my head.

maybe you have already realized that your muscles usually are somewhat tensed and it often seems impossible to fully relax them. it's the same with your "mind muscle". maybe you have a nice spiritually powerful day and can easily relax, but often you just can't do it so easy.

i like to do meditation among other people or actually WHILE talking to people, for example sitting in a train, in my favourite coffee shop ;), in disco(!) ...

the effects of when your mind will actually relax beyond what you have ever experienced, you'll have to find out for yourself :p

Xanth

Quote from: Realisation on December 19, 2009, 15:30:14
That's the thing: I don't do anything, because I don't know how to do it. :L
Start with something simple... sit (or lie down) and just listen to the nothing.

Ignazio

Which type of mediation you with to desire?
There's all different types of meditation, Manifesting, Energy Manipulation, Healing, etc. If you choice which one you want, It'll help the situation on "how to mediate"

Ignazio

Xanth

I'd suggest not over complicating it for now.  :)
Just work on quieting the mind... that's really the basis for all meditation.

thebluerose

Just focus on your breath. Set a timer for five minutes and then work your way up to an hour. If any thoughts come up just excuse them and continue to focus on your breathing, all the while trying to relax your body.

interception

The mind is so addicted to processing thoughts, so one goal of meditation is to make your mind process what you want it to only. To focus it.

What has worked for me in the beginning was to give it something to do - but within limited parameters. Teach the mind you are in charge.

What you do is focus on any TWO things at the same time. For example: Focus on your breathing and the tactile sensation of your but on the floor. Or your breathing and a the sound of a clock ticking. Any two things really, but try to make your breathing one of them.

Apparently it needs to be two things for your mind to really start quieting down. Also, for me, I got bored with just focusing on one thing. Having TWO specific subjects to focus on at the same time really accelerated the procedure for me.

It is hard at first, but eventually, as you tame your mind you can achieve the same state of mind with by only focusing on a single thing... and then later on, who knows. Sky's the limit. :)

AngelicDraconian

Try taking a class on meditation.
I believe there is many ways to meditate.
Perhaps I'm in a meditative state most of the time.
I enjoy meditating in a natural state/setting.

I took a class on it, and found it so boring!
But not when I do it on my own.
Also I think the teacher ripped most of them off and me...
The classes were so not worth the cost.

Most of the members in the class were new to the whole meditation thing.
But every one has there own taste and likes.
Read up on it and see which way best suits you.

Xanth

Not that I want to promote my crappy section of the innarwebz, but:  http://home.ica.net/~rtasker/psychic/meditation.html
Back when I was actually providing updates on my website, I compiled a short list of articles from the members of a forum I used to frequent.
They're still online if you care to read them...

Basically they're a bunch of methods and techniques for meditating.

There certainly are many different methods, I provide a small drop in a bucket of techniques.  :)

TheGreatProvider

Hey, if you want to get your mind clearer, listening to the nothingness (might say "to the everything") will get your mind clear.
if its hard to do then just try to listen to the room and feel your presens in THE "now".

Xanth

Quote from: TheGreatProvider on January 19, 2010, 17:26:22
Hey, if you want to get your mind clearer, listening to the nothingness (might say "to the everything") will get your mind clear.
if its hard to do then just try to listen to the room and feel your presens in THE "now".
I can think of a hundred questions a beginner might have with that kind of thing.  LoL
Just best to start with something simple.

TheGreatProvider

hmm ill try explain more.
I pass different states of mind when i meditate, with each one my mind becomes clearer and my thoughts are floating from things in the "everyday life" like -about my thaiboxning or education and things like that. after a fiew states i get more philosophical, like thinking about higher things, not about my self only - but as myself as a part of somthing bigger.
might say that i unite in a councious way with great energies.

So thats simply what i could do under a meditation session :)

ps. seek a purpouse of your meditation, its good to know what you are looking for before you start searching it.

horaciocs

You could try going for that hissing sound we all have in our ears. Find a quiet environment and listen to it, try to amplify it. Many people astral project by focusing on this hissing, trying to make it louder, softer, make it pulse, if you try for a while you'll see you have control over it.

When you get into a trance, you'll see your mind's contents will change. It's odd, I don't have much control over it, but I find it fascinating when that happens.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

I've created a blog of some sort: http://pursuingconscience.blogspot.com/

Optic

First take a couple of deep breaths, find yourself something that you admire.. maybe a photo of a God or maybe even some object like a seed or piece of wood or something you have some interest in. Just concentrate on the object with your eyes open for a number of minutes, this may be a struggle as your mind will want to wander, make sure you dont let yourself fall into the trap and wander off completely, when you see it happen notice it let it pass away then continue concentrating on the object.

It is important also to relax your physical body, you do not want to constantly have to adjust yourself or be thinking about it, it will just serve as a distraction and you will not get far.

Start there first, this is a crucial step.. you cannot skip this step and think that you will hit deeper stages of meditation, the deeper stages of meditation will not be reached by skipping the initial steps, this technique will strengthen your concentration and also give you some knowledge about how your mind works, its thought pattern, habits, content and other behaviours. You need this knowledge to progress further and you also need the developed concentration or else you will not get anywhere in meditation. Some people will stay stuck meditating for years without reaching any deeper stages because they keep skipping or not taking into account the importance of the these initial stages.

Also you might want to spend only a short 5 or 10 minute sessions at first, take a break and come back to do another 5-10 minute session. Build it up to 20 minutes per session, later you will be able to do an hour or more per session without a problem. Be consistent this practice pays off. There will be a number of obstacles you will need to tackle so make sure you are vigilant.