News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

New Forum layout

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

Hello everyone,

I hope you like the new-look Astral Pulse forums.

This has been a very major upgrade, especially due to the size of the database, but it seems to be fine. Please let me know if you find any anomalies.

I have noticed a few quirks with with Internet Explorer, but Firfox is fine, and the IE issues usually resolove themselves. So if you have issues logging in or whatever, and you have Firefox or can download and install it; see if that works first.

I will be adding new features over time, but not until I am sure this is running smoothly.

You will note there is a rating system based on number of posts, and also a nice new "karma" system. I know people might have mixed feelings about the karma system, but as long as it is not abused it does add an extral level of incentive about quality of posts.

Thank you very much for your much valued continuing support of The Astral Pulse.

Best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Nay

How does it work, this Karma thing?  I've have 2 already.   Now does that mean I have two, applauds or smites?  It doesn't say.   :-D

greatoutdoors

I can't figure out how to see just posts new since my last log-in. The Help area says there is supposed to be an icon for this, but I can't find it.... help?

Nay

Up top on the header, with that avatar.

Adrian

Hello Nay,

Quote from: Nay on July 12, 2006, 12:45:55
How does it work, this Karma thing?  I've have 2 already.   Now does that mean I have two, applauds or smites?  It doesn't say.   :-D

Karma is the average of "Applauds" and "Smites". I can set it to list them seperately but that is too revealing  :-)

If everyone makes good posts they will receive plenty of appluase from other members and plenty of karma.

Break the forum rules and upset people and you get negative forum karma for all to see; and people might be less inclined to take notice.

So lets see some really high, legiitimate because the system detects multiple "actions", karma shall we?  :-)

Best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Nay

Yeah, thanks Adrian!   Fallnangel helped me figure it out earlier.  :-D

Novice

I'd like to say what a fantabulous job Adrian did with this upgrade (as usual)
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Vilkate

Huzzah, Adrian!
A job well done.  :-D
~Our name is Eternity~

On my way to the infinite universe of Light and Unity.

Nay

kiwibonga

Hopefully that'll be the end of spammers! And yes, worship the afro! :mrgreen:
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

greatoutdoors

I did figure it out -- that would be a Duhhhh!  :-D

I do like the layout changes. It seems simpler to navigate and faster as well. Good job!

Kazbadan

There isnt a quick reply...how can i activate that?

I have lots of stars...i am starting to feel myself superior! muahhah!! ...ok, better stop!

I am waiting for your karma (positive)...start clicking on my icon!! :)

kiding.

Now, tallking seriously, the new forums are great! Good work Adrian!
I love you!

Kazbadan

btw, the profile now is not so funny! I cant see the preferences, hobbies, etc from members!

I have another question: in some forums on other webpages, if my mouse icon is upon a thread, there will appear a small yellow box with the 1st sentences of that thread. Is there any option here for doing that??

Last question: what is (technically speaking) a buddie here in the forum? What uses can someone give to the buddie list?

I love you!

Grigori

By itself "buddy lists" don't do much but if your "buddy" has things like his email address set to display you will have it displayed in the list along with some other data making it into a little "address book".

In conjunction with a few mods it can help sort posts so that your buddies threads sort to the top. Plus if there were a forum chat the "online" indicator can be linked to it so it's a little like skype in being able to chat when someone is on at the same time as you.

Anyways, the "buddy list" works best with the "ignore" mod to sort threads in very active forums so your buddies topics show first and the "ignored" topics show last.

If anyone is interested this is the manual for the smf forum script ...

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=207

... it will explain how everything works. :-D

WalkerInTheWoods

Is there a way to get all our smileys back? I miss the meditate one.  :-(
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Selski

I miss them too.  I was particularly fond of the hippy chick.   :-D

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Logic

The new forum looks awesome, though Im never really on anymore, let alone on my computer. I really liked the active post section though, I still dont think I have found it if it still exists on here.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.