News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

New forum subjects

Previous topic - Next topic

Tisha

I think a "sticky" on Vibrations (in the OBE Discussions section) could be helpful, especially for newcomers, since the topic is among the top 3 that newbies ask about.  Experts can post their best advice on how to achieve a vibrational state, and what to do with it once we get there!
Tisha

Lysear

how about dividing the general metaphysics into more subject specific areas? for example, more simple religions such as Wicca, and also more in depth areas such as chaos magick, High Magick and hermetics?

Tisha

Wiccan religion SIMPLE?  Hah!  You must only know Fluffy-Bunny Wiccans!  

Wicca - and excuse me, so-called "high" magic (as if there is something higher about it), are as shallow or as in-depth as you make them.

(lesson: put your nose in the air and you'll trip)
Tisha

Frank

Tisha: your recent revelation of your "assets" I feel would be a sticky post on whatever forum you choose. :)

Yours,
Frank

Tisha

Hey, she stole my bra, so I'll steal her image.

(HA HA! [:P] )

Seriously, Frank it's the only image I've been able to upload!  In real life I actually look more like Charo (the haggard, goofball Charo BTW), but I have yet to find a Charo avatar.

You see, my ex-husband used to describe me as a cross between Elvira and Martha Stewart.  Frankly, he found the Martha Stewart aspect the more disturbing of the two, even before her indictment, and before our divorce. PS: If I find a Martha Stewart avatar I'll upload it, and give housekeeping advice.  

Anyway, when I found this Elvira avatar, I thought, bingo!  I just hope the 20-somethings on this Board don't decide I keep my brain in my ta-tas, and ignore what I've got to say.

(I can hear you now, Frank, saying, "huh? what did you say?"  Now STOP THAT! [;)]
Tisha

Fenris

I also think a forum specifically on the topic of magic would be fantastic. I can think of no astralpulsy related topic I enjoy discusing and learning about more than magic. I mean look at the example above with Lysear and Tisha- everyone has a differnt angle with which they approach and understand 'magic', I love that.

Lysear

Tisha, you misunderstand my intention. I wasnt describing it as "simple" I just mean that it seems to be more about just doing a spell and it working, rather than questioning why this is (correct me if I'm wrong.) I love the wiccan path, it seems steeped in tradition and nature. To quote my favourite author (or somewhat loosely)
"calling paths such as Wiccan and Shamanism simple, is no more different than calling the art of grandma Moses simple." doesnt mean that this art is worse, its just different.

no insult intended.

Squeek

I think a section dedicated to the new people would be good...It would keep their posts kinda seperate from ours and that'd make some people happy (A.k.a... me :D)

~Squeek

Tisha

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Without the newbies, who would be left to feel superior to? [^]

[;)]
Tisha

James S

Awwwww, that's not fair Tisha, bring back Elvira![:(]

We won't tease you about it any more. Promise![:D]

James.

Tisha

OKAY, James, but only because you asked.  

(You know, come to think of it now, my coworkers DO call me Queen of Darkness in the office, for about 10 years now, mostly because I wear black all the time and have a reputation for being psychic!  So the Avatar DOES fit.  She doesn't look at all like me though.  My head's not that big.)

Tisha

MJ-12

James S

Ahhh, you're a sweetie Tisha![^]

I know the looks probably aren't right but the image is there.
[:)]
James.

BTW - to the topic of this post, Adrian, Good Job!!!
These kind of discussions crop up a fair bit and it gives us physics nerds a chance to let the brain cells out for a stretch.

Tisha

how about "Product Review" instead of "book review?"
Tisha

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by Tisha

Seriously, Frank it's the only image I've been able to upload!  In real life I actually look more like Charo (the haggard, goofball Charo BTW), but I have yet to find a Charo avatar.

Tisha: I'm not all that well up on names. I'm an "assets" man myself. :)

quote:
(I can hear you now, Frank, saying, "huh? what did you say?"  Now STOP THAT! [;)]

LOL: That's cute.

Yours,
Frank

strwrs_guru

adrian i think those are great ideas. and i had the same thought about the vibrations as tisha but since im a NEWBIE, i didnt think my input would be valued. we all see what squeek thinks of us.lol.

i have also seen a couple of minor subject ideas about group efforts. maybe a forum dedicated to this kind of thing would help people get coordinated together.
the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing in the face of it.

strwrs_guru

and by the way tisha........you have probably already seen it but there is a good topic under astral chat for the new avatar thing.

not that i am complaining about the one you have.........please by all means keep up the good work.
the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing in the face of it.

Rob

Personally I am against dividing forums up more than is absolutely necessary. Places which aren't so active, tend to become less visited, and then topics that should rightly go there are put in other areas because thats where more people will read and reply to them. Although I do like the idea of a quantum metaphysics forums (its happens to be one of my pet sciences [:D]), and a book reviews section is a very good idea, I think that amending other forums might be a better idea, or a good thing to do in parellel. That is, ultimately I'd really prefer to see some of the more stagnant areas merged together, as it makes it easier to navigate, more people see whats there, and it generally promotes diversity and activity. For instance, perhaps LD and WILD could be eaten by spiritual development or general metaphysics, with only a slight change in their name. Just my etc....
Although, that said, I fully approve of the 2 new forums [:P]
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Euphoric Sunrise

Since Magic(k) doesn't really have any place here at the moment, i also support the idea of a forum dedicated to that subject. But, as Inguma said, we don't wanna go over-board ([:P]) or problems could arise.
"The soul is never silent, but wordless"
* Emperor - The Tongue of Fire

alchimiste

I must agree with Fenris on this one......A magical and hermetic sciences forum would cetainly be useful.
Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

Demande a Dieu et il te repondra....Cherches et tu trouveras....Frappe et l'on t'ouvrira.

Parmenion

*Nods in agreement*

~P

Adrian

Updated 23 June, 2003

Greetings everyone,

I have created four new forums:

Quantum Metaphysics: This is under the General Metaphysics heading, and is for the discussion of the quantum sciences, notably quantum physics/metaphysics, and in particular how they relate to the ancient wisdom and philosophies.

Book Reviews: As the title suggests, is a new forum where members can write reviews of books that you have read. It is preferable of course if the books are within the subjects encompassed by The Astral Pulse.

Writers Corner: Where actual and aspiring authors can discuss everything related to writing books, articles, newsletters,web information etc., can meet and share information and experiences.

Magic: For discussions of everything related to all forms of Magic.

The Astral Pulse tean hopes that you all enjoy these forums and find them of value. If anyone has any further ideas for new forums, please feel free to discuss them under this topic.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas