News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

New Year Quitters

Previous topic - Next topic

Eol007

Hi all,

Yet again another attempt at giving up the dreaded weed!

On this occasion the auspicious day was on Jan 7th and thankfully I'm still going strong. Just after the New Year I had a stinking cold and realised with self disgust and loathing that I had merrily smoked all the way through it!

Also with all the healthy NEW practice back in December and revitalised interest in self healing it seem high time to put resolve into practice.

Oddly the extra NEW work in December seemed to go hand in hand with increased nicotine/cigarette craving. I was puzzled at this and now assume that NEW precipitated in part a healing crisis which was initially symptomized by mild case of the winter blues and the later viral infection.

It seemed sensible to apply some basic lateral and intuitive thinking and and I took the decision to 'Never Take Another Puff'.

Did anyone else Quit and are you strugglingor not? If so share your experiences here.

Best and good luck to all the other quitters,

Stephen

P.S. The info in these sites really helped as well - http://whyquit.com/ & http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk/   :D

karnautrahl

I was very lucky 2 yrs ago. Something my partner said made me want to prove him so wrong for a start. I quit cigarettes cold turkey, I knew I'd feel ill and decided to experience and accept that-but not repeat. I was-tonsilitis. :-).

Weed became a 1 a month with herbal mixture-no tobacco, then 1 every two months..then I lost interest. The nicotine was the addictive here :-)
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

Eol007

Hi karnautrah,

Well done 24 months plus is really good!

Best,

Stephen

Selski

Stephen

That's great news - keep it up.  You'll feel like a bag of poo for a while, but it will get better, I promise.

Good on yer, kidder!

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Frank

Hello:

I could never work out what people saw in smoking fags, or smoking anything else for that matter. Doesn't it make you want to puke yourself silly? Having that smoke going down your lungs must be awful.

But saying that I never really minded people smoking around me. It's just the thought of me smoking, that is an incredible turn off. But speaking of being turned, in one way or another, perhaps I shouldn't be saying this in public, but I find women smoking incredibly sexy. I don't know what it is, but it just does something for me.

Maybe people are right and I am just weird. :)

Yours,
Frank

Selski

Quote from: Frank
Maybe people are right and I am just weird. :)

Aye.

Sarah

Nay

Hahaha.. mushroom soups huh?   Now would that be the mushrooms that make you see God? :P

I'm a smoker and I've quit at least 5 times over 13yrs.  Each time I got pregnant and once just recently, of course I failed after about a week when I got upset at something.

I get really short tempered..  :(  What I need is a long weekend retreat to go to by myself and just ride it out.   You think my family would go for that?  :lol:   I tried the patches but I'm VERY sensitive to caffine, and those patches have something in them that makes my heart freak out!   Heck, if I was to drink one soft drink, that is it, I'm running wild for a few hours. :twisted:

Hope you kick the nasty habit Stephen, I swear I'm going to try it again, when the time is right for me.  :wink:   Frank almost got me to thinkin on it again and then he goes and says he finds women smokers sexy..  :D  Squeek and I use to talk with the webcam and he found my smoking yucky..LOL  he was always yelling..PUT IT OUT.!!

Nay

Frank

Nay:

Yeah, really sexy and I'm not sure what it is that makes it that way with me. Okay, there is the obvious but it's not that.

There is just something exciting about that reckless nature that harmonises with me. Like racing a motorbike. We come here to experience, and some of us just like having more experiences than others, lol. Life isn't real unless you know what it's like to put yourself on the edge.

But I calmed down a lot the past 10 years. Maybe one day I'll buy a pipe and try, he he, but I've got no slippers to go with it. And no favourite chair either, lol. Did you notice someone made fun on another thread about the fact that I sleep naked? Do you lot sleep with clothes on? Hmm.... freaky.

One day I'll surprise you and build a house and start a family (sounds real earthy, but there's lots of future in it).

Yours,
Frank

Nay

LOL..I did read about you sleeping in the nude and that is the VERY reason why I make sure I have some kind of clothing before going to sleep.  

Don't want to freak people out, and I'm thinking my kids would be traumatized beyond help, after seeing mom's what nots.. :P  

Nay

Frank

Nay:

Must be a European thing, then. My parents used to wander about the house naked just like we did. Never thought anything of it.

Yours,
Frank

Nay

I was thinking that would be the case for alot of people.  

Which I think is probably the healthist way to go about it, but you have to understand my childhood......I hate to use the word molesting..sounds so ugh.  Lets just say I believe that is why I'm so private in that way.  And why I would never walk around nude in front of my kids.  Actually my 4yr could care less but I still ask him to leave the room, but not in a way that he feels like he has done something wrong.

Had I not had the childhood I had, perhaps it would have been different, thus making it different for my kids, but if I was to start now.... oh lordy, they'd think I lost my head!  

Nay

Frank

Nay:

I'm sorry, I didn't realise. Talk about feeling a prize fool.

Yours,
Frank

Nay

No worries, I'm starting to understand that it isn't shameful to speak about it, but I don't DWELL on it. :)

hugs~ Nay

Graelwyn

I smoked for ten years and gave up 6 months ago, if giving up is the right word for it haha
I am still addicted to the nicotine inhalators lol.
I dont use them that much, but gee whiz, they gotta be better than taking in all the tar and other rubbish...if anything puts me off smoking now, it is the poster I see at my university of an artery being squeezed and all this revolting white gunk coming out!

Kate x

Eol007

Thx Guys,

I did have a few chuckles on reading your posts  :wink:

I'm still with the program - '3 weeks without a single puff'!

I seem to be bringing up not only old gak from the lungs, but also wedges of mind stuff - especially exceptionally lucid but surreal dreams.  No smoking ones with the exception of someone trying to deal me blocks of hash (however odd). Apparently this is not uncommon with nicotine withdrawal and associated detox of thousands of the other chemicals drawn in with the smoking fixes.  

Thankfully the mood swings have eased and cravings are just pretty well gone now. Incidentally I hope I did not slate anyones posts/threads too much over the last few weeks. If so tough titty  :evil:

Best,

Stephen

Nay

Graelywn, I just might try those inhalers!

Stephen...very, very proud of you! :D   I know it is soooo much better to not smoke..grrrr, I wish I had the strength you have.  

I think I'll try something new, like..... everynight before bed, say some kind of postive, 'I can do it' thang.

Nay

Eol007

Hi Nay,

Try the links I put in at the top of the thread especially the 1st one - as there are some frightening stories that would make anyone stop!

http://whyquit.com/ & http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk/

Both my mum and dad's 2nd Mrs died due to lung cancer - so I was just being totally foolish and stupid in light of family experience.

You can do it - go for it as it would be something you will never ever regret!!!

Best,

Stephen

Eol007

Over a month smoke free now!

Yippee  :P

Nay

WOOT!!  Way to go Stephen!  Over 15mins for me....:oops:

I promise...one of these days I'm gonna follow in your footsteps!!

Selski

You superstar Stephen!  Well done.  :D  :D

How are you feeling?

I dreamed about smoking for about two years after I'd stopped...  :shock:

I bet you've saved yourself a shedload of dosh - they are SO expensive!

Sarah

Eol007

Hi Sarah,

I think you are the one to be congratulated.

Well done  :D

Stephen