News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Spirited Away (astral anime)...

Previous topic - Next topic

cainam_nazier

I am not normally into anime but that was a well wrote recomendation.  So where can an individual in the US find a copy?

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

Adam Kadmon

There is an anime flick by the director Hayao Miyazaki (Ghibli Studios) called "Spirited Away" which is a beautiful, poetic testament to astral reality. I saw it a couple weeks ago from a friend into subtitling and such, and was deeply moved by the subject content. It's by the same guy who did Nausicca, Laputa, Totoro, and the like, a very talented individual who is the closest thing Disney has to competition worldwide (which is why they bought up the rights in the U.S. and won't release it). It grossed 15.8 million overseas in the first four days, which beat Phantom Menace in the international market.
  Spirited Away deals with a girl who visits a Japanese Shinto shrine on a vacation with her family, and gets pulled into an astral environment in the process. Her family enters a carnival grounds environment and gorges themselves on the abundant meat and drink available and turn into swine. The daughter abstains and is not pulled into the trap. She crosses over from the carnival grounds, a hedonistic feeding frenzy, into the palace proper, which has many levels and is inhabited by all kinds of weird astral races and creatures. She ascends the many levels of the palace (each of which get more symbolic/abstract as she climbs) and speaks with the queen of the palace on behalf of her parents, and experiences many adventures along the way. The movie is supposedly a Japanses version of Alice in Wonderland (that was the intent) and is thick in mystical symbolism and metaphor. If you read beyond the surface level, there are many astral cues (the girl looks at her hands after crossing over and they melt, the carnival is equivalent to Frank's Training Grounds scenario, there are guardians to the bridge that equate with masked blue angels I've encountered, there are veiled references to kundalini and energy blockages (obvious when you see the movie). I'm not making this excrement up or looking too deeply, anyone on this board will be very suprised by the content of this movie.

Anyway, if you want a bit of poetry or inspiration in your daily routine, dig this movie up if you can. If you hate anime you'll probably dislike it, but if your open minded it will move you.

a.k.