News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

PDA, the Astral Projector Friend

Previous topic - Next topic

mactombs

Try CNET.com. I have a PDA, but for some it's more of a toy than anything. Other people really use what they buy. But overall, yes, PDAs are pretty good for all those things, except for journal entry it can be difficult to enter in information very quickly using a stylus. That's why I have a keyboard, too, but that's extra money.

Quite honestly, a binder with blank paper, whatever else you might want in there, and a reliable pen still have more practical use.
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

Kazbadan

YOu are correct, pen and paper are better but i prefer pda because i can take it anywhere and write my thoughts and ideas at any moment.

I use very much pda on my work, so i think that for me it´s a good thing to have. If you will not use it for work, maybe it´s a bad thing to buy it (unless you are gonna use it very much as a journal, etc,etc).
I love you!

WalkerInTheWoods

For something handy to just dot down ideas pen/pencil and a pocket notebook would probably be better. To keep all your ideas, files, etc with you then a PDA would probably be best. Those that I know that have PDA's really like them and use them. If are a pocket organizer type person then a PDA is a step up and I am sure you will really like it. Sorry but I cannot direct you towards information on PDA's but a search on www.google.com is bound to give you more information than you could want.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

WalkerInTheWoods

Here you go, Kazbadan. When in doubt look on Amazon.com. You can check out the PDA's and read reviews by people who have bought them.

Edit: I posted a link but it does not want to work. Just go to //www.amazon.com and search for PDA.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Kazbadan

I think i will buy the Asus 620 BT, its very good and at a good price when you compare to other pdas.
I love you!

astralpwka

I bought a pocket pc, specifically a Dell Axim, over a year ago, and I still use it almost daily. It has my dream and regualr journal, plus all of the writing I do through-out the day. With Pocket Word, I can easily upload my writing to MS Word when I get home at night. I'm not sure if a regular PDA has the Word capability, which was very important to my own buying.

Seven

I use an XDA, pocket pc with phone functionality built in so it's an all-in-one.  You can read e-books, surf the net (slow, but at least you can surf), use most programs that you could on the pc (eg word, excel, etc).  It's smaller than notebook & pen, and if you want you can still enter your thoughts in the old-fashioned way - writing - rather than using the keyboard.  You can also dictate into it so you can record stuff if you can't be bothered to write or type.

Kazbadan

My new pda will arrive Friday (first one of September). It´s the Asus 620 BT. It seems very good for what i need and it have the applications that i need.

Besides that i have a friend with a CD containing many programs..[:)].

btw, i heard that there is a better subsitute for word and excel: its the PlanMaker("excel"):

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2892

and the TextMaker ("Word"):

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=661

Hope that the link works. If not, go to the page

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/

and search for the above apps.
I love you!

Kazbadan

I´ve been thinking and concluded that a PDA(you know, personal pocket computers) it´s a great object to people with ideas and things to write.

I mean, it´s obvious that it can be useful for work, but i found some things in my life in wich i could use the PDA:
- Create a Dream Journal: why use a normal Journal if you ca delete parts that you dont like, add new ones, make it beautiful to read, etc,etc.

- AP diary, like above

- Poetry. I never liked the idea of making poetry but now i am.

- Developing skills. Sometimes you like to write things that you would like to improve in you life, like pratice the tone of voice(me, as a teacher it´s useful) or pratice Lucid Dreaming (and you need to take notes on how to do it,etc).

-Ideas that you may want to write. Any idea or thought. Many times happens that i want to write (to do not forget) my ideas, so with a pda at hand...

-To read nice ebooks that you found on net.

There are many ideas and uses for PDAs, so i am thinking on buying one.

Do you know any good site on net that speaks about pdas and the best choices?

I love you!