News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

People who've read Astral Dynamics: Did it make you succeed?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

It's been a while since I posted on this forum, Reddit caused me to stop posting on message boards. Although here I don't run the risk of some random person censoring me with down-votes! It's been ages since I've taken any proper action towards lucid dreaming and astral projection; not kept any journal of sorts, not meditated, my sleeping pattern has fluctuated, not even read anything about it apart from stories other people have shared online. So I thought I'd get a copy of Astral Dynamics and have so far read up to the end of chapter one where Robert Bruce has only talked about the astral dimensions and RTZ. I was hoping this would help kick start my progress again, that by reading this I will easily be able to identify my progress with how I'm feeling and what experiences I'm having. Did anybody else gain similar insights from this book in order to succeed, I don't want to waste my time with this book if it won't really help me in the long term.

Astralsuzy

I have not heard of anyone succeeding with this book but it does not matter.   The important thing is if you get something out of the book that will help you.   I read ap books for fun.   If I learn something from it then that is great.   If the book helps you to get motivated then it is worthwhile.   In my opinion the only way to get good at ap is to practice.   The books will not help you to ap only practice will.   

Volgerle

I know people online (this and other forums) who succeeded or benefited a lot from it.

I read it and enjoyed it for the insights and theories.

However, the book that I had read before that one, which was Mr Buhlman's first work (Adventures Beyond The Body) was the one that made me succeed.

And this really BIG TIME.

:-)

Volgerle

Btw. Just noticed when searching the title of his first book on Amazon that a few days ago he published a brandnew one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Higher-Self-Now-Accelerating-Spiritual/dp/1505820626/

8-)

Bluefirephoenix

Watch his new titles he tends to re write astal dynamics which actually is a really good book as far as writing goes, but he tends to rehash the same thing in a new package every couple years.

The link you have is a self published book by a different author maybe receck your link again.

Methen

Nope did nothing for me, one thing that turns me off very quickly is long relaxation exercises, My mind is conditioned to work instantly and my body is already relax, I think where they screw up is trying to tell the body to relax instead of telling the mind to relax, relax mind automatically equals relaxed body...

Lumaza

Quote from: Methen on September 15, 2016, 20:10:10
Nope did nothing for me, one thing that turns me off very quickly is long relaxation exercises, My mind is conditioned to work instantly and my body is already relax, I think where they screw up is trying to tell the body to relax instead of telling the mind to relax, relax mind automatically equals relaxed body...
Good  Point!  :-)

Yes, both mind and body need to be in sync. Otherwise you are fighting a "tug o war" of sorts.

But, I can say I actually use Roberts' NEW technique often for pain relief and it works VERY good. I don't subscribe to his repeated focus on "fear". I think that is detrimental to this practice.

Yes, you will initially encounter some kind of fear test. But once you see them and confront them for what they are, you will find yourself in the many wonderful "Otherworlds" that await you.  8-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Methen

and I do not agree with his astral copy of your self theory or sending iust a astral copy of your self while you stay home, as I said on over at lucidology 101 forum, That would be like paying someone to take your vacation for you, if that was the case then what would even be the point of  learning astral projecting, when you your self will not experience anything, in short no point in you experiencing the wonders of the astral plane we will do it for you...

RobertForsythe

Quote from: Lumaza on September 15, 2016, 20:19:32
But, I can say I actually use Roberts' NEW technique often for pain relief and it works VERY good. I don't subscribe to his repeated focus on "fear". I think that is detrimental to this practice.

Yes, you will initially encounter some kind of fear test. But once you see them and confront them for what they are, you will find yourself in the many wonderful "Otherworlds" that await you.  8-)

I do not understand this repeated harping about the Robert Bruce "Focus on fear".

His first Astral Dynamics edition had 30 chapters about AP and one chapter (29) on "Fear Based Issues and Solutions" which for a lot of people likely contains some good advice. There are frequent discussions here on this topic and there is one active thread on Astral Pulse right now dealing with this very issue. What gives?

I never read Astral Dynamics all the way through but I speed read it and it looked okay to me... just more appropriate for rank beginners. I never read Raduga's book all the way through either but I still recommend it for beginners.

I bought Mastering Astral Projection (by R Bruce/Mercer) and after working with it daily for a couple months I got my first full conscious OBE projection from a waking state. If I were to build my own sort of "practical workshop" instruction book I would do nearly everything very differently than he did but still, I gotta admit, it worked for me.

Lumaza

Quote from: RobertForsythe on September 15, 2016, 22:21:38
I do not understand this repeated harping about the Robert Bruce "Focus on fear".
If you heard some of the interviews I have heard with him, you would see why I say " I don't subscribe to his repeated focus on "fear". I think that is detrimental to this practice. " I also said "I", so this is my own opinion of what I heard.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Methen

Personally in my opinion I think that including the topic of fear in astral books is the one biggest mistake that all writers make they should leave anything involving fear out of the book period...

Lumaza

Quote from: Methen on September 17, 2016, 20:05:13
Personally in my opinion I think that including the topic of fear in astral books is the one biggest mistake that all writers make they should leave anything involving fear out of the book period...
I disagree with this statement.

The topic of fear should be brought up in Astral books. It should be explained to the nth degree, so that a person understands fully that when and if they encounter it, they fully understand what is happening and why.

Tom Campbell brings it up in almost all of his videos because he understands the importance of people needing to know what it is and he stresses it must be confronted before you can move on.

Fear can come as a number of things. You could encounter it from the start of the exit signs and symptoms. You can awaken to it in SP. You can even experience a fearful situation in the Astral. But the main thing here is that you "know" how to confront it and move on.

Methen

When the seeds of fear are planted sooner or later they will grow and then people will have to deal with them, Why would anyone want to...

Lumaza

Quote from: Methen on September 21, 2016, 14:39:37
When the seeds of fear are planted sooner or later they will grow and then people will have to deal with them, Why would anyone want to...
The seeds of fear are planted in almost any TV show or movie you watch these days. So what's the difference? I believe if the person "understands" why they are experiencing a fearful situation, that then they know how to handle it when and if it occurs.

That kind of understanding only happens by learning about it beforehand! But it should never be "harped" on by anyone, Author or not.

Methen

The difference is when yo have somebody that is totally new to the world of astral projection. people do not need to have things added to their fears, which is the one thing they do not need, For example you have a  5 year child that is a natural at astral projection, As she as been doing since she was 2, and has never had any problems, as she does not know what fear is, Then someone comes along and tells her about all the scary crap on the astral planes, Just what do you think that is going to do to her, same exact thing with a adult just learning no difference...

Lumaza

Quote from: Methen on September 22, 2016, 20:39:41
The difference is when yo have somebody that is totally new to the world of astral projection. people do not need to have things added to their fears, which is the one thing they do not need, For example you have a  5 year child that is a natural at astral projection, As she as been doing since she was 2, and has never had any problems, as she does not know what fear is, Then someone comes along and tells her about all the scary crap on the astral planes, Just what do you think that is going to do to her, same exact thing with a adult just learning no difference...
That's a bad example. If she had been already projecting since she was 2 years old because she was a "natural", as you put it, like Szaxx and others on this Forum are, she would already know better when this person comes to inform her of the "scary crap" on the Astral planes.

I think we need to agree to disagree and that's my final word on this subject. Thank You.

Jdeadevil

I've been working at it for a while now and I've gotten to the point now where I can activate my third eye, and all round buzzing over my body, but then it goes again and I'm not quire sure where to go from here. I've tried that VETO/VENO/However it's spelt, but I can't exactly get it right, like I can't speed up the flow of energy. Is there anything I can do make it so the energy going into my energy body is like super saiyan electricied energy so when it enters I don't need to worry? Or do I have to do a technique to amplify it while my energy body is 'realised'?

Sorry if I'm not making much sense, I'm just stuck. I managed to get awareness energy behind my eyes and the imagary started becoming more... shapes

desert-rat

I am not a memember , but they do have there own forum .  Some of the old Pavlina forum members were also astral dynamic members .
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/forum.php
if any one does not know who Robert Bruce is
http://www.astraldynamics.com

Astralsuzy

I have read some of the book.  I will continue reading it.   It is a very good book.   If you follow his instructions you will have a good chance to succeed.  No book will get you to ap.   It depends on how much you practice and follow his instructions.   It is worthwhile reading.