News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Physical signs of Anxiety

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Has anyone else gotten that feeling where they get so stressed that their muscles they put themselves into a knot and you want to throw everything you're holding across the room? Because I don't know how to get rid of that level of anxiety, I'm listening to this "Calm Down" track on my brainwave T.U.S. app but I'm not sure if that'll help.

Lionheart

Hello, try the technique known as "progressive relaxation". It's great for ridding the body of tight muscles and anxiety. Here is a link to more information on this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_muscle_relaxation
Good Luck!  :-)

Jdeadevil

Stookie_

Quote from: Jdeadevil on June 19, 2012, 13:48:00
Has anyone else gotten that feeling where they get so stressed that their muscles they put themselves into a knot and you want to throw everything you're holding across the room? Because I don't know how to get rid of that level of anxiety, I'm listening to this "Calm Down" track on my brainwave T.U.S. app but I'm not sure if that'll help.

I know exactly what you're talking about. My back and sides can get really tense and knotted when I get stessed/anxious. It started when I was about 17. After I started lifting weights it went away, but then my stress just found other ways to manifest. You have to hit it at it's source, which is to directly get rid of the source (which is not possible most of the time) or just not let it bother you, which tends to be more realistic, though difficult.

My anxiety used to come in waves, like 2-3 weeks at a time. Eventually, whenever I would feel anxiety creep up, I would take hold and tell myself "you don't have to feel that way" and attempt to boost my confidence. The trick is to do this as soon as you catch yourself stressing every time. Do your best not to wallow in it and wonder why. It takes time, but as you get better at it you train your body/subconscious to not react to it anymore, and you can deal with the problem directly with confidence and surety. I guarantee it works, but you have to be in it for the long haul and not expect immediate results. What you're basically doing is strengthening your will and taking conscious control rather than letting your subconscious take the reigns. In the meantime you can do exercises like lionheart suggested, and spend some time everyday doing something you enjoy or find relaxing. Enjoy life.

Jdeadevil

Yeah, I think it'll help to also direct the attention on removing the sources, in my example, certain people who have played a large role in my life and my life situation, it's a bit difficult but it will work. xD