News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Pokemon Go!

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanth

So on a completely different note... anyone playing Pokemon Go?  :)

I'm a solid level 5 now!  \o/

mon9999

I did but I run out of pokeballs im in lv 6 😞😂

Positive3

I was playing it like for 3 days then i saw that it asked way too much private info from me so i deleted it

Lumaza

Quote from: Positive3 on July 23, 2016, 21:35:12
I was playing it like for 3 days then i saw that it asked way too much private info from me so i deleted it
Yes. The "mass experiment" was a huge success!  :-P
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Xanth

Quote from: mon9999 on July 23, 2016, 19:16:07
I did but I run out of pokeballs im in lv 6 😞😂
Pokestops!  :)

Quote from: Positive3 on July 23, 2016, 21:35:12
Those actually aren't very unusual requests.  If you're worried about stuff like being tracked, then simply having a smart phone is probably not the best idea for you.  :)
Those particular permissions are all required for the different aspects of the game in order for it to even work.

RobertForsythe

Quote from: Lumaza on July 23, 2016, 22:01:38
Yes. The "mass experiment" was a huge success!  :-P

The whole Pokeman Go thing reminds me of Kingsman

http://www.businessinsider.com/kingsman-church-fight-scene-extended-2015-6

Xanth

Quote from: RobertForsythe on July 24, 2016, 02:04:26
The whole Pokeman Go thing reminds me of Kingsman

http://www.businessinsider.com/kingsman-church-fight-scene-extended-2015-6
ROFL!  Just hopefully VASTLY less violent and... y'know... murdery.  :)

Positive3

Yes indeed all these functions are needed for game to work but i find it suspicious because other games where are let's say same things as in pokemon go as i remember didn't ask permissions like this also i am not sure when they say " Get Acces to " does that grant them remote acces without me knowning or it's just needed for the game.

Anyways i can live without pokemon go xD so really not worth risking, indeed no system is safe but still giving more access is not also better : P

Bloodshadow

Man I wanted to play some bad, but can't get past the loading screen to sign up... was  looking forward to having a fun productive workout everyday. And that was very motivating to me. But it kept saying I couldn't find my GPS location so I never made it past the loading screen. Tried people suggestions as well. But I guess it probably would help if I had service instead of just Wi-Fi oh well, nothing else has worked out in my life so why should this.

Positive3

Bloodshadow mate cmon dont get upset u can workout without catching pikachu :P

Anyways i will try to help you but i need to know what system u have android or ios(apple)?

Bloodshadow

it's a tracfone

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tracfone-Alcatel-Pixi-PULSAR-Android-Prepaid-Smartphone/46716298

that's all I know, again I only have wifi no service

nothing has motivated me to want to exercise like this, I rather have fun exercising than any other way

Xanth

Quote from: Positive3 on July 24, 2016, 07:09:13
Yes indeed all these functions are needed for game to work but i find it suspicious because other games where are let's say same things as in pokemon go as i remember didn't ask permissions like this also i am not sure when they say " Get Acces to " does that grant them remote acces without me knowning or it's just needed for the game.

Anyways i can live without pokemon go xD so really not worth risking, indeed no system is safe but still giving more access is not also better : P
Well, I guess it COULD give them access to, say, take a picture without your knowing.  Sure.
However, consider this... think about how fast people are able to reverse engineer apps these days.  There is *ZERO* chance of any developer putting code in their app which gives them that kind of access without someone finding out about it.  There are too many nerds out there doing the heavy lifting of breaking the apps down and reading the lines of code.
Then, if there were any company out there (ie: Nintendo, Microsoft, etc..) were found to do this, they would INSTANTLY destroy themselves.  Nobody would ever trust them ever again.  Their market value would zero out in no time.

No company who is profit driven (aka: ALL of them) would commit suicide like that.  :)

RobertForsythe

Quote from: Bloodshadow on July 24, 2016, 17:07:35
Man I wanted to play some bad, but can't get past the loading screen to sign up... was  looking forward to having a fun productive workout everyday. And that was very motivating to me. But it kept saying I couldn't find my GPS location so I never made it past the loading screen. Tried people suggestions as well. But I guess it probably would help if I had service instead of just Wi-Fi oh well, nothing else has worked out in my life so why should this.

It is good to be wary of this tech.

It may seem innocuous now but just a few more short technological hops, skips and jumps from here and really scary things can begin to unfold.

The real end is nigh when masses of people start accepting the injection of nanobots (to cure the disease of "ageing"). Sure the nerd squad will be vigilantly on guard but the final stroke will be a free upgrade that everyone has already agreed to allow... and it will all be over in a few milliseconds.

Volgerle

Some people now think the Zombie Apokalypse has begun with those mindless people walking through nature only looking at their smartphones chasing their unreal electronic monsters because they only perceive this as 'real' in "their" virtual reality life, and nothing else matters anymore.
:-D

FuzzyQuills

I do, although my phone's prone to crashing in crowded areas.
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.