News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Prayer Request ... for Love, Truth, Understanding

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

I truly hope the best for your family.

Might I suggest that you two go to an non-partial party for counseling. I can understand her beliefs, been there done that. I think we both know that discussing this with the pastor is pretty much just him and your wife ganging up on you about your new beliefs. I doubt that he will be open to your ideas, though I do not know him so maybe we are both wrong. Going to the pastor might actually be rather harmful, depending on if your ideas get out to your church members and how they view such things. You might find yourself excommunicated from them. Thought lets hope not!

Thinking about it I would strongly suggest going to a non-religiously affiliated marriage counselor. They would probably be best suited to handle such a situation. Good Luck, God Bless!

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

amcturbo

Hi Fallen Angel,
Thank you for your well wishes and your recommendation ... I hadn't even thought of that EXCELLENT IDEA.  Thank you so very much!

Cheers!
Greg Taylor :)

"Whatever consciousness may be, it's not a small thing" - Ingo Swann
"Oh, I... ain't got no ... body" - David Lee Roth (Van Halen)

amcturbo

Hi Everyone,
If you would, could you please pray for my wife and I ... last night was difficult for us.

Long story short, last night,Deanne confronted me about how we're growing apart in our BELIEFS and how paramount that is to the strength our relationship.

Deanne thinks that many of the things I now believe in (auras, Chakras, Energy body, OBEs), that the things I am questioning and wondering about (TRADITIONAL Christianity, Reincarnation, Ghosts, Spirits, healing) and the various many things I am interested in (various Psychic GIFTS) are WACKO and possibly harmful.

Deanne is afraid that I am becoming an Non-Christian (I'm not) ... which is the WORST thing that could happen to our relationship (she emphasized when we were dating ... that she wanted a strong Christian man that held the same beliefs as her ... at that time, I did ... now, I do not).

She wants us to meet with our pastor to "discuss" these matters, which I am fine with ... althought I have a feeling that what I discuss could cause our pastor some mental and spiritual anxiety (he's currently struggling already) and could possibly cause problems for our small church.

My wife has stated that "this" could end of our marriage [if I don't realize my errors & *change* back] (that's the hidden message I PERCEIVE).  I understand her concerns, since I used to "think" like that when younger (I too wouldn't date a non-Christian).  Deanne feels this is hopeless, if I am not *really* open for discussion (meaning I won't change my mind) ... it's interesting that she isn't *open* to considering my side (I know why though ... it doesn't fit into her belief system).

This is all frustrating and saddening to me.  In the past 10 months, our relationship has been improving daily, from near-separation (then) to much love (now).  We've grown much closer to each other, much more understanding, loving and accepting.  Now, we're 1-month away from the birth of our child and things seem *hopeless* (to Dee, not to me).

I think that this *could* eventually cause major positive growth in our marriage, growth for us personally, and I am hopeful that it will.  I fully realize that my wife might not be willing to accept what I believe, nor ever be interested in at least reviewing the NEW information that has brought me to this point in my life's journey and understanding of God.  I pray that God's pure Love Truth and Understanding would pour in us, thru us and from with in us ... for each other, for ourselves and for Him.  That our marriage would be healed and strengthened and the we both would GROW for our BEST and HIGHEST GOOD.  I love my wife and our unborn child and want us to suceed abundantly.

So, my friends, I simply ask that you send Positive Healing Prayers our way, and I humbly and sincerely thank you all for doing so.

Peace to you all.

Cheers!
Greg Taylor :)

"Whatever consciousness may be, it's not a small thing" - Ingo Swann
"Oh, I... ain't got no ... body" - David Lee Roth (Van Halen)