News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Praying.

Previous topic - Next topic

AstralCody

How does praying work?

I am not religious in the slightest... but to me praying could work as a powerful thing for me. So I am not going to pray to "god" so to speak. I like to call god "source" or "all" I know that we are extremely powerful beings. I more would want to pray to my higher self if anything. Do I have to verbally speak or can I pray in my head?

Thanks everybody. :- )

Mr.Flip

well at the risk of being mauled by everyone here  :-D
its just a thought that is focused on in order to manifest itself from the metaphysical to the physical
very powerful when genuine
(!)Spark it up

Lionheart

Quote from: Mr.Flip on December 19, 2012, 14:22:17
well at the risk of being mauled by everyone here  :-D
its just a thought that is focused on in order to manifest itself from the metaphysical to the physical
Just like Magick! Focused will and intent!  :-)

I brought that up to MJ at a funeral before. I watched how at the last part of the funeral how everyone was to all focus their will on rising the incense smoke into the Heavens and this was to signify the spirit leaving the body.

I said to MJ, "so I guess Magick is Ok in the Church, as long as we don't call it Magick".  :wink:

majour ka

I think mr flip gave a very good answer  :-)

Prayer is a personal thing, very powerful, I couldn't live without it.

I think its quite a personal thing, since our relationship with god and our own spirit self is such a personal subjective experience.

It could also be considered that its affirmation. As we learn to pray in thanks, or requesting that which we would like in our lives with the attitude that we will have it or already have rather than like a beggar, who will never get it.

I look forward to you returning in six months and then in a year and then in ten to tell us what you think prayer is Cody  :-D

Dreamshards

In my opinion prayer can be very powerful if belief and intent are fueled behind it (yes, just like magick). I personally have been accustomed to addressing "The Universe" in my prayers. It's not like I pray before bed or dinner or anything, but I find in moments of sheer panic or gratefulness I send the Universe a quick but meaningfully please and thank you.

roman67

I do believe in god. Prayer is very powerful if you pray from your heart.

rain_88

Quote from: Mr.Flip on December 19, 2012, 14:22:17
well at the risk of being mauled by everyone here  :-D

Instead of mauling you I would like to completely agree.
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

Bedeekin

Yeah... the same. Makes perfect sense. basically... intent.

Stookie_

An example of what I've learned from prayer: if you pray for patience, you don't automatically get patience... you get bombarded with a whole lot of situations that require you to practice patience.

But I agree, it's just a way of focusing your intent.

ChopstickFox

The power of prayer is amazing... Even if you don't know who you are praying for, the focus of those thoughts certainly has a positive effect. I'm part of the crowd that doesn't necessarily see a religious reason for it.
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

AstralCody

Thank you everyone.  :-)

majour ka

Haha ! Cody you were in my dream last night! you were part of a group of people doing psychic art and yours was really good!

Random I know LOL  :-D

AstralCody

Hahaha  :-D Hey I had a lot of astral noise happening this morning!

Mr.Flip

one more thing stookie makes a great point, life doesn't give u what u want only what u need, eh for short i call it the obsidian effect.

For example
SOMETIMES when you pray for your financial problems to be solved or for a sense of direction in the matter, then usually what ppl would expect is the obvious some kind of easy sure fire way to get out of dept.
the obsidian effect how i like to call is that God, Jehovah, Ala or the Source you pray to wont give u piles of money or a lawyer, what will happen is after you pray for your financial problems to be solved then suddenly all your dept collectors come knocking to your door,
Dont ever go into prayer for want especially if its vane only pray for Necessity or Gratitude,
like i said very powerful when genuine
(!)Spark it up

Lionheart

You should always make sure that when you pray for something you always add the words "With harm to none and only Peace and Harmony in the Multiverse". You never want to be the receiver of something at some one elses expense!  :wink:

Stookie_

Also, I find intuition to be the opposite side of prayer. When you pray with a question about something, use your intuition as a way of receiving the answer. My intuition often lets me know what's up before I have to ask. I pray for others much more than myself.