News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Prepped for Doomsday?

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

I am watching a documentary on doomsday preppers . How many of you are prepared for a possible global scale natural disaster, biological weapon/nuclear war? I realized that I have no extra food, water, medicine, petrol, or weapons. 
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

MJ and I talked about that years ago and the only prepping we would do is to prepare to be at ground zero where the Comet, Meteorite or missile was going to hit. We wouldn't want to be here to experience the aftermath of such a event.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

omcasey

I am not specifically a "doomsday" prepper but I can see the instability in the world that is happening at present so I keep a 6-12 month supply of pantry foods and vitamins/minerals, an extra supply of non-chemical cleaning and hygiene products *because the organic stuff is always the first to go when excrement hits the fan and chemical products are not even an option for me. I keep a 3 month supply of drinking water and now have a Britta ( ack ) for filtering for cooked foods when necessary. I keep a few more clothing items than normal at present, just in case. I even got a pair of closed toe sneakers. I have never worn a closed toe, or even real "shoe" in my life. Sandals, flip flops, bare feet have taken my into my late 50s. I am not someone who would ever own a gun or weapon and I have no place to store extra gasoline - but if I did, I likely would.

EscapeVelocity

I'm a suburban-prepper, but that's sadly a kind of oxymoron...which will become apparent later.

I grew up with parents who taught me the responsible use and defense with guns, so I think everybody should have a 9mm pistol, at the least, for home defense. It's the great equalizer and a technology that has been around some five hundred years, so guns are not going away anytime soon. And sadly, neither is crime. So they give reasonable people a reasonable chance in an unreasonable world.

Some extra canned food, six months freeze-dried 25 year shelf-life packaged, rotating 3 months water plus non-potable plus some Life Straws clean water extractors, extra propane for grill or otherwise...it's not complete and never enough, it just simply can't be...I may at some point buy a self-sustaining place in the country; to be caught here is a no win.

And to add to Lumaza's point, it depends on the crisis: if it's nuclear, then I vote for ground zero and a quick exit...everything else will be dragged out painfully, possibly like the current viro-disaster(?)...another scenario is the EMP or electro-magnetic pulse attack which several countries have been capable of utilizing for thirty years and more. A small group within the US Congress has been pushing for funding for decades to harden the US electrical grid just as a start but nothing has been done apparently. Consequently, an EMP attack or a significant solar event could fry our grid and send us back into the 1800's overnight. Imagine every electrical device in your possession or house being instantly destroyed except for any solid state electronics you may have left over from say, the early Seventies...also our electrical grid is off-line for years or until the Chinese decide to sell us the necessary equipment which we quit manufacturing for ourselves twenty years ago.

No electricity, no lights, no air conditioning, no heating, no TV or radio, no refrigeration...for a few years at best. No refrigeration of medicines. No delivery of foods beyond immediately local. Systems would collapse within a week.

Cities would collapse first and within days foraging groups of eventual marauders would move outward into the suburbs and countryside. Without food supply, every natural critter that inhabits our forests would be consumed within six months. See Venezuela and their dogs and cats as an example. All gone. Families need to eat and we begin maybe by sharing but then simply taking from each other, by force if need be.

I don't mean to sound fear-mongering, just honest as to the question posed. Depending on how close you live to a larger urban center, look at how societal norms are breaking down just with the current difficulties.

An interesting book on this idea is One Second After, by William Forstchen (if I spelled his last name right). It's not a good outcome and it points to just how tenuous our present relationship is in the world, whether it's a military event or a natural one. Not much we can do except stick to the Prime Directive of loving one another and dealing with what comes as best we can, if it does.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

omcasey

I think what we are potentially likely to see in our lifetime is a partial collapse of the grid, temporary shuts offs, like we currently see here in California and why I am ever so pleased my current household has rooftop solar panels. We would not have full power, but also not a full power outage. There would be enough for lights, some cooking, one or two refrigerators, powering of devices, etc.. Not the central AC/heating, which very few people use very much even if they have it here. But that would be out entirely so would not be pleasant. We would have something, though. I have changed a lot of my behaviors. For instance, I do not eat much cooked food. 70% raw. I have never used lights at night *although I do enjoy a salt lamp. I drive only when I have to. I have very few social needs. I detox regularly to help keep my food needs lower. And my capacity to stay healthy and in a good frame of mind even with less. I have lived and studied Naturopathy and can employ many natural healing remedies if/when others do not have access to their regular doctors. I know what to do. I am also a medical caregiver and can help with medical needs, drip lines, catheters, dialysis, etc.. I have learned how to grow foods, how to harvest and plant seeds. I have focused on sprouts because they are so EASY to grow and so nutrient dense. They can near be lived off, if need be. In addition to this - I have learned spiritual skills *which I will not go into but we are well aware of here and from which we can gain needed information if need be. I think we all have been prepared for this, as a just in case. I live in California, so I went with the solar cooker rather than gas/propane and a barbie. :)

Xanth

I'll wing it...

If "doomsday" actually happens... this is consciousness, I don't really have a vested interest in attempting in vain to live through the end of times.  haha

I'll physically die and then move onto another physical reality to try again.  Meh.  LOL

LightBeam

Xanth, yep, true, however if a devastating event happens and doesn't take us immediately, we will suffer more until we die. Imagine the power grid failure. No stores open, even if you have cash, their electronic checking system will be down. I even doubt anyone will show up for work trying to figure out how to survive. Violence of course will break out, as people will try to find essential items, stores will be broken into. This is a very real possibility. Not necessarily end of times that wipe life in an instant, but a large scale devastation.

Lumaza, I also want to go quickly, but I don't know how may people will be fortunate in that respect.

Casey and EV, good preparation. I will have to stash some essentials. Just observing how people react during this mild in my opinion global disaster, in comparison of what could be worse. So, definitely cannot rely on human support when comes to life and death situations. The survival instinct will kick in and everyone/family will be on their own, fighting, killing and destroying just to survive. This is the disappointing part of human nature.

Solar energy is a must to be globalized. Just recently we've had the most powerful solar flare in record. They are getting worse, and it's just a matter of time before the grid gives in. Maybe a very short time, sooner that we always say, oh this wont happen in hundreds of years, I wont be alive, but many things are actually drawing closer much faster that we anticipate.

P.S. When I came to the US, I ended up in California and I have always thought that I don't want to move anywhere else, because in case there is a long power outage, regardless of the season, I will be comfortable temperature wise. I cant imagine being in Arizona or the north east summer/winter without power. Not many people will survive without AC/heating, because our bodies are not adjusted to these extreme temperatures. We have conditioned our bodies for so many years on stable temperatures via AC/heating. I don't know wo why I've had that thought consistently for 20+ years. Maybe something's coming.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

Quote from: Xanth on July 28, 2021, 18:31:12
I'll physically die and then move onto another physical reality to try again.  Meh.  LOL
Yep, onto the next school!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lumaza

Quote from: LightBeam on July 28, 2021, 20:13:57
Imagine the power grid failure. No stores open, even if you have cash, their electronic checking system will be down. I even doubt anyone will show up for work trying to figure out how to survive. Violence of course will break out, as people will try to find essential items, stores will be broken into. This is a very real possibility. Not necessarily end of times that wipe life in an instant, but a large scale devastation.
Country living and the communities that are formed there prepare you for such as event. A new barter system would soon form. Country living makes a survivor out of you. You know how to live off of the land, but you also respect the land and it's resources.

Nameless

In my household we are not preppers. At this late stage in light of what's been going on I could almost kick myself for not doing better. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

But I did prepare my kids in many ways which comes naturally when you live paycheck to paycheck. The one good thing we did is insist on living out in the country. So there's that. I won't say my kids are well equipped or totally self-sufficient but they are aware, smart enough to follow their instincts and they all have talents that at present they don't fully utilize but I've no doubt those talents will show themselves when needed. Call it faith, they are strong and smart enough to handle themselves and the true blessing is I know they will stick together as family.

Me personally, I would be a huge drag on them as my health & physical ability just isn't that great. I would only want to hang around enough to gather and encourage them unless of course it's a nuclear disaster. In that case I'm with you guys - ground zero it is. Considering where I live that would likely be a pipe-dream as no one would waste those kind of weapons in my area, we are just a bunch down south rednecks, lol.

If I could or could find a way though I would gladly find some unrestricted land for the sole purpose of having a place for my family to retreat to. Of course with all the initial necessary things like self-defense, food, water, storage and on and on for self-reliance that would not require electricity. I think CB radios would be a necessity and walkie-talkies. And BOOKS. I can't say enough how important books would be. Remember no internet. How to books on everything essential to living from building, tools, food prep and natural medicines. Shelter/home(s) would definitely be small and easily maintained and defended. I'll stop on that now.

BTW I listened to One Second After on audio. Really great book.

Oh, one addition. Be sure to horde things people want, not just stuff they need, for instance cigarettes and chewing gum. Learn how to make alcohol, it has many many uses but don't trade it to ruffians. Who needs a bunch of drunk ruffians coming back for more.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

omcasey

You make a good point ( an important point ), Nameless.

I would just switch the alcohol to probiotic fermentation, it is an important medicine that will be helpful. I learned, myself, how to ferment apple juice into a barely 'hard' cider *you can make it as hard as you like but barely hard makes for the best probiotic. I also make Jun, the ancient cousin to kombucha, which has a green tea and honey base instead of black tea and refined sugar. I have a lot of extra scobies now at this point. I should start finding appropriate homes for them all. - passing on the knowledge.

LightBeam

Quote from: Nameless on July 29, 2021, 16:35:53
Considering where I live that would likely be a pipe-dream as no one would waste those kind of weapons in my area, we are just a bunch down south rednecks, lol.

hahaha

I forgot to mention, I have a few solar light tiki torches in my back yard. They are great and have been going strong for 4 years. Soral lights would be great unless the event covers the sky in thick clouds or smoke. Then you would need flash lights and stock on batteries. But it's so much fun looking at Amazon what kind of items they have for survival supplies. Solar charge radio, food in a form of tabs that has 20+years shelf live, and all kinds of interesting things.

I grew up in a small town raising farm animals and growing fruits and veggies. I am not afraid of hard labor work. Lets hope we never live to see this type of catastrophes in this line of reality and this probability. But there are many probable realities of our world with our very characters where everything exists. So, we have lived through it all, we just don't realize it through the current extremely limited perception of one event happening at a time.
Captain Jack Sparrow

LightBeam

Quote from: omcasey on July 29, 2021, 18:40:44

I would just switch the alcohol to probiotic fermentation, it is an important medicine that will be helpful. I learned, myself, how to ferment apple juice into a barely 'hard' cider *you can make it as hard as you like but barely hard makes for the best probiotic. I also make Jun, the ancient cousin to kombucha, which has a green tea and honey base instead of black tea and refined sugar. I have a lot of extra scobies now at this point. I should start finding appropriate homes for them all. - passing on the knowledge.

Great knowledge, Casey! I agree, pro and pre biotics are critical for strong immunity and mental health as well. The gut diversity of good bacteria directly impact the mental health as the gut sends signals to our brain at all time and if not healthy, people experience all kinds of health issues, anxiety and depression. Alcohol kills the good bacteria. I only drink a glass of red wine on the weekends because studies find red wine especially pinot noir or malbec increase the good bacteria. But more than that has the opposite effect. 
However, I found a type of Rum which is 80% alcohol, enough to kill all bacteria and viruses upon contact. Vodka in comparison has only about 40%, not nearly enough to kill bacteria and viruses. So, this year I had twice sore throat. Guess what I did? I gargled with this thing and swallowed just a little bit ride away after the first symptoms. This thing is a liquid fire, but within 15 minutes the pain was gone and nothing further developed. So, alcohol especially a strong one has very good uses to disinfect externally and internally. But it has to be used wisely.

I also never use any drugs, alcohol or any substances to alter my mind, as I like to be in control of my thoughts at all time. In doomsday events, impaired mind would be a very bad idea.
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

Me too Casey, I love fermented drinks and foods. It's easy as pie and very healthy. True alcohol has many uses though. I actually like kombucha but in the end it's the same as all ferments, some I like more than others.

Totally should have battery powered and solar powered devices and lights. And learn how to make a penny battery. Not good for much but you never know.

Let's not forget we might have need of a Molotov cocktail. lol
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

omcasey

You made me look that up. :)

Penny battery : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtCrEr3pISM

For the viewing audience.

Excellent !

MarsZM

i used to have this mindset but i won't be sticking around for a doomsday event of any kind. I feel like that would be it for me. then i would just be off on my next journey in whatever reality or world that is and probably leave earth behind. Move on without looking back. i'm a big gear guy though i love working with tools and modifying cars i have made a "bug out" vehicle it's like a space rover. it's been a hobby working on it for years 😃
John Kody, ere :) love from new york area

SCHMUSTIN

With the current state of the world... All is good... No need to prep anything.

The government has our best interests at heart and will provide all that is needed. No need to prep.

:-o:-D :wink: :-D :wink: :-D :wink: :-o

desert-rat

I have spare clothes and a couple cans of food in my pu .

Marzillian

Not really, although i should maybe. Considering the current conflict in Ukraine, i still have a little hope living in the country where NATO's headquartered. It should be heavily protected.

I don't even have the full motivation anymore to contribute something to the world. I think the EU's going to hell. How? Atomic bombs.

I'll just escape through the top of my head somewhere in the woods. So maybe yeah, in a sense i'm prepped.

MarsZM

edit
John Kody, ere :) love from new york area

desert-rat

I remember something from the cold War days.  It went like, drop to the floor, duck under a desk, roll up in a ball ,kiss your butt good by .

LightBeam

Unfortunately, the risk of nuclear war is very high at this time thanks to one psychopath and those cowards who follow his orders.
I just ordered all of my supplies and keeping my fuel tank always full. But my only weapons are pepper sprays lol.
Let's hope the collective consciousness will stray away this threat. All we can do is to counter the negative forces the best we can.
Captain Jack Sparrow

desert-rat

I have a post in the UFO section of SF with responses that outside forces will not allow a full nuclear exchange.  I will post a link if asked.

LightBeam

It may not be a full nuclear exchange through the entire world, but the possibility for several countries to get involved and get hit is increasing. This can happen anywhere is the world. No one is ensured. And no external forces stopped Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Humans have to solve their conflicts.
Captain Jack Sparrow

tides2dust

I tend to agree more with the writer in this article than with the idea of full on nuclear attack. Still, being made so dependent on systems- it is important to learn how to navigate life without electricity.
QuoteAs I have noted in the past, Vladimir Putin is a long time associate of numerous globalists. His friendship with New World Order ghoul Henry Kissinger started decades ago and they continue to meet for regular lunches as Kissinger acts as an adviser to multiple branches of the Kremlin. Putin has also maintained a steady relationship to the WEF and Russia even joined Klaus Schwab's Fourth Industrial Revolution Network just last year. The claim the Putin is anti-globalist is a lie, he is deeply involved in the globalist system and always has been.

The globalists are playing BOTH SIDES of the Ukraine conflict. This is reality. It's very important to understand and accept this fact otherwise you will not be able to grasp the events that happen next.

Putin recently threatened western governments with a reprisal the likes of which they have never seen before if they try to interfere in Ukraine. The problem is that many in the mainstream and alternative media automatically assumed this was a threat of nuclear war. I don't think this is what Putin was referring to. I have another theory...

The globalists are unlikely to spend the past several decades building up one of the most complex technocratic control grids in history to track and dominate the public only to then annihilate it all in the blink of an eye with nukes. A post-nuke environment would be impossible for them to control.  What is more likely, in my view, is a massive cyber-attack that targets the functionality of the internet itself, and it would have to happen relatively soon.

The amount of economic and business operations tied to the web is staggering. Even if the internet was to go down for a mere two weeks, the repercussions to our markets and to our supply chain would be devastating. By extension, the benefits to the globalists would be immense. They could implement filters and firewalls on any part of the web they don't like (including the alternative media) and claim that this is to protect the internet from possible sources of viral spread. They could whittle the web down to only a handful of approved corporate and government sites all in the name of protecting the integrity of the net.

Furthermore, such an attack would be a perfect scapegoat for the already crashing economy and rising inflation. At that point, the central banks that are truly responsible for our financial instability could simply say that everything was "about to go back to normal" until (Russia or China) spread the cyber-virus. And, maybe Russia will be involved, but it will not be Putin that gives the order, it will be his globalist partners behind the curtain.

The hype machine surrounding Ukraine is in overdrive right now. It's a little bizarre to me how much panic and indignance is being drummed up. It's as if people have forgotten that the US government just spent well over a decade devastating a country like Iraq for no good reason. No one seems to be mentioning the hypocrisy of demanding all out war against Russia when US campaigns in Iraq killed hundreds of thousands of civilians and very few countries batted an eye about it.

Clearly, the controlled media is trying to convince the western people to support direct military confrontation with Russia over a conflict that has nothing to do with us. There are even numerous GOP neo-cons out there (Lindsay Graham, I'm looking at you) campaigning for true conservatives to go along with a war footing. I don't think it's gaining much traction, but what has worked as an effective manipulation against conservatives in the past?

The globalists need another Pearl Harbor – A 9/11 attack or something even bigger. They need something that will enrage the American population, specifically conservatives. They need a disaster of epic proportions to lure us into an emotional response and the abandonment of logic. They also need a scapegoat disaster that they can use to lay the blame for the impending economic crisis.

I predict this event will come in the form of a large scale cyber-attack, and the escalation of events suggests to me that they will try to implement such an attack in the near term. Perhaps within the next couple of months and certainly before the year is over.
https://www.infowars.com/posts/a-massive-false-flag-cyber-attack-is-now-imminent/

Jupiter will provide some relief as early as March 22nd. The warring energies of today are civic nationalism vs globalism. This is the mini-era of our time. By 2025 we will have one more devastating attack(manmade or not). By 2029 it will be obvious our systems and institutions have changed. We will have younger and more compassionate leaders as we navigate through much deception and chaos. What's important is to continue to take care of our health, pray for the beauty of nature and preservation of creation, pray for the needy or down-trodden. These times bring about a tremendous opportunity to find inner peace. One Guru cries self peace for earth peace.