News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Preserving this site

Previous topic - Next topic

Methen

You know I was thinking this in my opinion one of the best astral sites I know that is  loaded with information and I would sure hate to see if disappear as you just never know what may happen I think something if is has not been done already to preserver this site for the future and beyond...

Xanth

There's a good 20+ years of information and data on this site... would be interesting to be able collate all of the data.

Adrian has all the backups, but the forum software is extremely old and cannot be updated any further.

The waybackmachine has snapshots of the entire site over the course of the last 20 years as well.

omcasey

Xanth - will the forum always be able to run on the current software?

floriferous

Think the site needs to be locked as more of a reference library (an akashic record if you will) and start the active forum afresh with some new software. I think in trying to preserve it it is dying a slow death.

Becasue right now the people who come here treat it like a library. Very little talking but lots of good stored info

Nameless

I agree with Floriferous plus I would add deleting the one offs (the post with no replies) and other such garbage.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

omcasey

It is a lot of work building a forum from scratch ( who would do that ). Would all the mods here move over and get the threads going?

I recently opted on this route and began a new youtube, starting all over from scratch.

The time seams ripe for beginning new.

I am getting more views on my videos on the new channel with less than 50 subs as I do on my old channel with thousands.

Contemporary algorithms bury us I guess. I don't know. BUT

If the Pulse begins anew I will be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: floriferous on September 19, 2021, 08:28:17
Think the site needs to be locked as more of a reference library (an akashic record if you will) and start the active forum afresh with some new software. I think in trying to preserve it it is dying a slow death.

Becasue right now the people who come here treat it like a library. Very little talking but lots of good stored info
Just curious. What makes you think people would talk/post on a new Forum? The same thing is happening to many Forums today.  :| :?
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

floriferous

Quote from: Lumaza on September 20, 2021, 16:39:39
Just curious. What makes you think people would talk/post on a new Forum? The same thing is happening to many Forums today.  :| :?

I can't speak for the numbers of people wanting to talk on forums but I think a new forum would help in two areas. Casey mentions one, which is having internet presence which this old site struggles with but also the new user sign up is out of date and not very automated. Differentiating between humans and bots can be difficult and as a result we might be turning away actual humans.

Xanth

Quote from: omcasey on September 18, 2021, 16:24:38
Xanth - will the forum always be able to run on the current software?
Ideally, yes.

Realisitically, the forum software is OLD and *CAN* fail, literally, at any moment... LoL
Now, Adrian has many backups and the forum being offline for more than a week or two is highly unlikely.  :)

Adrian is good at what he does behind the scenes with regards to the Astral Pulse.  He loves this site dearly.

Lumaza

Quote from: floriferous on September 20, 2021, 19:26:03
I can't speak for the numbers of people wanting to talk on forums but I think a new forum would help in two areas. Casey mentions one, which is having internet presence which this old site struggles with but also the new user sign up is out of date and not very automated. Differentiating between humans and bots can be difficult and as a result we might be turning away actual humans.
I agree with both of those points. The server is outdated, as stated by Xanth and it would be nice to finally be able to differentiate the Human viewers vs the Bots. I think that we could also improve not only our viewing audience, but also our actual Members here by advertising more on Social Media. As in shared links, not full blown Ads. The problem there is that I don't think that there are many Members here that frequent or even use Social Media. I know I don't. Opening up to Social media could also open up a whole new can of worms here on this Forum. That does comes back to the adage "careful what you wish for, you just might get it"!  :|
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

omcasey

You are right, Lu! . . yes social media is NOT the way to go, save perhaps, specifically the more serious AP/OBE groups that are there. Before I would suggest that, I would suggest the existing Forum boards out here to link in with one another. I link from my board to here, the Astral Pulse, Explorations in Consciousness ( hoping one day Fred will open it up again ), My Big Toe and Bring4th *The Law of One group. I am spending this whole year, some of you know about 'this year' for me, working a consciousness experiment encouraging those I know *off* social media and back onto the forum boards where we can of course focus deeper into the practice and work at hand. It takes a lot of effort but I am beginning to see some lift. The forums themselves are not enough anymore. Practitioners need practice partners and practice groups *more interaction. If the members here are not offering this, it is a boon for the site to link to other people/boards who are. Linking together we become one single SUPER structure, with offshoots where people can find everything they are looking for. - without needing social media. We make ourself, our own larger structure sustainable.

Anyway - this is the way my brain is working these days. -- all of me says we have to group now.

The boards  (  not just the people  )  the boards linking with form a network.

We all know how neural networks  w o r k  and function.

Lumaza

Quote from: omcasey on September 21, 2021, 01:13:41
You are right, Lu! . . yes social media is NOT the way to go, save perhaps, specifically the more serious AP/OBE groups that are there. Before I would suggest that, I would suggest the existing Forum boards out here to link in with one another. I link from my board to here, the Astral Pulse, Explorations in Consciousness ( hoping one day Fred will open it up again ), My Big Toe and Bring4th *The Law of One group. I am spending this whole year, some of you know about 'this year' for me, working a consciousness experiment encouraging those I know *off* social media and back onto the forum boards where we can of course focus deeper into the practice and work at hand. It takes a lot of effort but I am beginning to see some lift. The forums themselves are not enough anymore. Practitioners need practice partners and practice groups *more interaction. If the members here are not offering this, it is a boon for the site to link to other people/boards who are. Linking together we become one single SUPER structure, with offshoots where people can find everything they are looking for. - without needing social media. We make ourself, our own larger structure sustainable.

Anyway - this is the way my brain is working these days. -- all of me says we have to group now.

The boards  (  not just the people  )  the boards linking with form a network.

We all know how neural networks  w o r k  and function.
I like the idea. I have looked at some of those other Forums and found that they have their own definitions of what is what and are quite adamant about it as well. To be able to congeal together as a "superstructure", as you put it, we need to all take a step back and look at the other person's point of view as well. That means complete open mindedness by all involved. Unfortunately, there is infighting in this community as well. We all need to realize that we all have our own perception of what's what and what is going on in this phenomenon.

I agree, we need to group now. Now is the time. Why? I guess we will soon see!  :-)

omcasey

Quote from: Lumaza on September 21, 2021, 02:57:31
I like the idea. I have looked at some of those other Forums and found that they have their own definitions of what is what and are quite adamant about it as well. To be able to congeal together as a "superstructure", as you put it, we need to all take a step back and look at the other person's point of view as well. That means complete open mindedness by all involved. Unfortunately, there is infighting in this community as well. We all need to realize that we all have our own perception of what's what and what is going on in this phenomenon. ---I agree, we need to group now. Now is the time. Why? I guess we will soon see!  :-)

Exactly right.

Realize that we all are, and have our own perception, our own experience - and SEE how this all works beneficially to everyone benefit.

I link to the boards I do because they represent clear, focused, extraordinary bodies of work. - work that is every bit as consistent and diligent as my own. The boards and the people are a compliment to my own. We are all doing the same thing, but focusing our way into the end game uniquely. Which makes for a greater body of choice for everyone all said and done. The kaleidoscope is always a win-win. It makes us ALL shine.

As Abraham says, "we cannot get it wrong, and we never get it done." - collapsing into anything less is our own loss.

Yes do not do it.

Methen

Ok first of all I do not want to see this forum be made a library only just for reading and no posting people new to astral projection can not ask questions are a read only forum that would just be plane dumb.

Second of all where exactly are you getting the ideal that this forum was created  from scratch and can not be updates at ? This is a public forum script called  Simple machines that has been out for years located at https://simplemachines.org/ you can get the upgrade files here https://download.simplemachines.org/
as far as updating that is simple breeze you just make a backup of the site down load the update files upload files and install its really a very simple process and there is all kinds of help on the site to help you no cost involved what so ever as far as I know.

as for people not posting well sending out mass emails with forum script to get people interested again that is as simple as writing the letter and clicking send ...

omcasey

I look forward to the replies to the link suggestions.

In regard to getting people re-interested in posting on forum boards, it is a good deal more challenging than mass emailing.

People are increasingly more HOOKED on social media sites. - in good part without even realizing they are hooked.

I worked diligently for 2 years, then non-stop the past 3 months to help encourage people off, or at least, minimally, to reduce the amount of time they spend at that.

With constant effort you might make it through to one or two people a year. This is not said to discourage, only to show the work it does take.

Once people are inside the mass manipulation it is hard to get them out.

The time spent making retrievals is time well spent, though.

Methen

There is a reason for it, it is all this multitasking that people do, it has been proven that multitasking actually damages the brains ability to focus and lowers a persons IQ
people are losing a lot of their abilities most people now days can not even answer a simple yes or no question with a simple yes or no answer, you can not even ask a simple yes or no question on google and get a simple yes or no answer that is how bag things have gotten...
see Link

https://www.verywellmind.com/multitasking-2795003

Walker

Quote from: Methen on September 10, 2021, 22:40:01
You know I was thinking this in my opinion one of the best astral sites I know that is  loaded with information and I would sure hate to see if disappear as you just never know what may happen I think something if is has not been done already to preserver this site for the future and beyond...

Yep, I don't want it to dessapear either; I've been visiting it recently to learn more about the AP topic, it definitely has valuable information. We should do something about it  :wink:

Methen

Quote from: Walker on November 24, 2021, 05:36:22
Yep, I don't want it to disappear either; I've been visiting it recently to learn more about the AP topic, it definitely has valuable information. We should do something about it  :wink:
Sadly a lot of sites do, I have seen a lot of them go down or disappear trying to run a site comes with a lot of problems, I have tried several time to start some websites and they were just totally ignored despite how much advertising I did you get hateful people in web sites, or web site owners start creating insane rules that will drive people away and those type do things never help a web site in the long run...

Methen

Never mind delete this last post please...

PerspectiveShift

Yeah this is a great website. I am not an avid regular of this site, but I bounce back and forth between usage and I always get inspired and love talking to you guys when Im here.

If you guys are on Telegram, there are a lot of groups on there. That is initially how I found out about Astral Pulse actually. There was a guy on there on an AP group that told me about this forum and then I joined. There are a ton of new APers that have no clue how to AP and finding the right info is very hard to find. This site is a goldmine in that regard.

On another note though, there is a big barrier to entry on this website. I followed this website for a few months before I actually joined. And when I wanted to join I emailed I believe 4-5 admins and finally got one to add me as a user. So that may be another reason why not many people are joining.

I know that it's because the admins probably get a ton of spam, but there should be a way to separate that somehow with all this modern tech these days.

Also, what you guys said about practice groups and coming together, I think this is important as well. Connection is important and dedicated motivation/practice in the spiritual arts/sciences I believe is very necessary. This was done in ancient times then hid into secret societies, but there is no reason to hide anymore. I think there is much power in groups.

I read an analogy in a dream book that went something like this: (Im probably butchering it)
"A single drop of water will not make it to the ocean, but many drops will form a river and carry along many to the ocean."
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Xanth

Quote from: PerspectiveShift on April 29, 2022, 21:07:01
Yeah this is a great website. I am not an avid regular of this site, but I bounce back and forth between usage and I always get inspired and love talking to you guys when Im here.

If you guys are on Telegram, there are a lot of groups on there. That is initially how I found out about Astral Pulse actually. There was a guy on there on an AP group that told me about this forum and then I joined. There are a ton of new APers that have no clue how to AP and finding the right info is very hard to find. This site is a goldmine in that regard.

On another note though, there is a big barrier to entry on this website. I followed this website for a few months before I actually joined. And when I wanted to join I emailed I believe 4-5 admins and finally got one to add me as a user. So that may be another reason why not many people are joining.

I know that it's because the admins probably get a ton of spam, but there should be a way to separate that somehow with all this modern tech these days.

Also, what you guys said about practice groups and coming together, I think this is important as well. Connection is important and dedicated motivation/practice in the spiritual arts/sciences I believe is very necessary. This was done in ancient times then hid into secret societies, but there is no reason to hide anymore. I think there is much power in groups.

I read an analogy in a dream book that went something like this: (Im probably butchering it)
"A single drop of water will not make it to the ocean, but many drops will form a river and carry along many to the ocean."
Unfortunately, we cannot add any extra security to the Pulse. 
It's just too old... it would need updating and that would break every single Google link to this site.  That's unacceptable.

Sadly.  :/

Lumaza

Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics Forum is experiencing severe problems right now because of an attempt to upgrade. Their old Forum has gone into "read only" mode and you have to be a signed in member of the new Forum to even peruse there!  :-o They are charging for a special "Silver membership" too.

They have indicated that they are going to lose a lot of threads and posts due to the new upgrade. So, no, let's not do that here!

omcasey

L/L Research ( the Law of One people ) recently updated their boards. I am fairly certain they didn't lose and of the data/threads, but it has been somewhat of a rollercoaster for people relative to the functioning of the board. They had to solve a lot of problems with the PM system, ability to edit posts, things like this. It didn't seem too horrible on the visitor side of the equation, at least for me. Aside from having to re-login every day. But I know what you mean, Lu, Xanth, et al.. It could be a real nightmare. I would not want to be on the Administrator end of such an equation. I would never be able to work it all out. My own board, first owned by EZboard, got bought out by Yuku and then by Tapatalk, who has been around some time now without selling. So I don't have to work all those things out, BUT, am at their mercy in terms of what they choose to do with their platform. As long as I can at least pay to NOT have ads on the board, I am fairly happy. This said, one day it may all go poof. I truly hope not.

PerspectiveShift

Quote from: extracrispy on June 08, 2022, 02:43:49
I swear by all the Saints of the Light-Side that I am Elfangor-Sirinial-Shamtul; I swear that this website is getting shutdown immediately and archived.

This is an interesting way to share a personal opinion...
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Volgerle

Quote from: Lumaza on April 30, 2022, 21:14:30
Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics Forum is experiencing severe problems right now because of an attempt to upgrade. Their old Forum has gone into "read only" mode and you have to be a signed in member of the new Forum to even peruse there!  :-o They are charging for a special "Silver membership" too.

They have indicated that they are going to lose a lot of threads and posts due to the new upgrade. So, no, let's not do that here!

As they say in my country: "Totgesagte leben länger."

https://www.dict.cc/?s=Totgesagte+leben+l%C3%A4nger

:wink:

Or maybe we could also say: "Astraldynamics is dead. Long live Astraldynamics!"

:lol:

... because so far RB's Astraldynamics is not read only mode or shut down and still quite active with new posts. A few new members even did register and are posting. I've also just recently posted there although (like here) I rarely do.
So it was not shut down or frozen after all, well, at least not yet. Maybe it won't at all because RB might have realised that there is even still more traffic now than on his (imv quite dull looking) 'new' forum and so he 'let's it be' as it is?