News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Pretty Astral Painting

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyla

I had always wished I could paint my experiences, and then an artist friend of mine presented me with this for my birthday, he said he had based it on my astral travels.

Unfortunately, this was one of his last paintings before he threw himself off the San Francisco Bay Bridge.

His family wrote to inform me of his suicide after finding a cache of my letters in his desk drawer.

This is the third male friend of mine to commit suicide.
1) High school sweetheart, drove his car off the road at 90mph
2) Friend from pagan group rituals, shot himself in the head in the woods Oct 31, Samhain
3) Stephen, the artist of this painting, leaps off San Francisco Bay bridge

Why does this keep happening to me? Sorry, I'm a little drunk right now... But I'm beginning to get paranoid that I somehow kill men. Terrible nightmares.

WalkerInTheWoods

Maybe you are just attracted to suicidal men. Maybe you have influenced them enough to be of help in their next life.

Cool painting.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

BadCookie

"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

interception

Amazing painting Leyla. Sorry to hear about your friends.  :-(

interception

Quote from: BadCookie on September 18, 2006, 11:34:44
Emos

Hahahhaha... Not funny. Your timing is just so way off dude! I mean come on, can't you see the woman is in distress!

BadCookie

Quote from: interception on September 18, 2006, 13:47:32
Hahahhaha... Not funny. Your timing is just so way off dude! I mean come on, can't you see the woman is in distress!
Life
"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Leyla

WalkerInTheWoods -

They didn't seem suicidal. Maybe I'm just missing the signs. Maybe guys are less likely to talk about their feelings.

Vvid1012

Wow, that painting is so amazing.  What an interesting story as well.  I would have to agree that you are attracted to suicidal men...not necessarily in the area of love, but are interested in learning their lifestyle?  :-D

Anador

amazing painting... shame the guy killed himself... its seems that the most gifted, most talented people, are always the most deppressed... Van goh, egar allen poe, etc..

maybe you just like talented people... :|
Are we sleep-walking through our waking state or wake-walking through our dreams?

WalkerInTheWoods

That could be true. Rarely are we motivated or inspired when we are happy.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

thesickmoon

Quote from: Leyla on September 18, 2006, 03:20:49
I had always wished I could paint my experiences, and then an artist friend of mine presented me with this for my birthday, he said he had based it on my astral travels.

Unfortunately, this was one of his last paintings before he threw himself off the San Francisco Bay Bridge.

His family wrote to inform me of his suicide after finding a cache of my letters in his desk drawer.

This is the third male friend of mine to commit suicide.
1) High school sweetheart, drove his car off the road at 90mph
2) Friend from pagan group rituals, shot himself in the head in the woods Oct 31, Samhain
3) Stephen, the artist of this painting, leaps off San Francisco Bay bridge

Why does this keep happening to me? Sorry, I'm a little drunk right now... But I'm beginning to get paranoid that I somehow kill men. Terrible nightmares.

Don't blame yourself!
"Chair-swiveling is an old and honorable avocation for any accomplished and self-respecting villainous personage."
--Ronald D. Moore, March 12, 2005