News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

first impressions of astral pulse

Previous topic - Next topic

Euphoric Sunrise

a) It was refreshing. I was used to message boards with so much negativity and closed-mindedness, and when i came on here it was such a positive change. Plus i was knew to metaphysical things and such altogether so there was so much information here for me to digest, and there still is. After all, i've only been here a couple of months.

b) I had no trouble making my first post. I can't remember what it was about either.

c) I can't remember this either. Felt the same as any time i post a message on any board, i guess - normal. I don't know how i'd define normal for me. Content? At ease? Let's just say it wasn't a big thing[:P]
"The soul is never silent, but wordless"
* Emperor - The Tongue of Fire

Links Shadow

a) Well, I found the site after I did a google search and haven't looked back.  When I first started looking around the site, I didn't see the usual flaming that goes on at other boards and that was a big plus in my mind so I decided to stick around for a while.

b) It was incredibly easy because it appeared as if, no matter what I asked or said I would not get flamed so it looked as if newbies were welcome.

c) I don't remember what it was I posted about but I must have gotten some useful and respectful responses or else I would not be here right now.

Here's to a wonderful online community!

Links Shadow

fireprooflighter

A) I was thrilled, like finding an oasis in a desert. It was a place were I wouldn't be called crazy. [:D]
B) Very easy, after reading posts I realized there wasn't any hate on this board, and it wasn't one of those places that shunned newbies.
C) Very happy, I was welcomed and I felt like I belonged.

Nerezza

a) What was your first impression when you came across this site ?

"Oh my God, could this messageboard be anymore annoying"(year 2000 board looked very different from this one, and it made me cry when it didn't work in my browser half the time[V]).

b) How easy was it for you to post a topic ?

Easy enough. Back then, it was less about the esoteric matters, and more about OBEs, so it didn't scare me off.

c) How did you feel afterwards ?

I smoked a cigarette.

jilola

a) Friendly and helpful
b) Fairly easy. I wasn't quite sure about wording the post, if I recall correctly. I've forgotten what it was about.
c) No special feelings. It was just a post among many.

2cents & L&L
jouni

rantboi

"a) What was your first impression when you came across this site?"
Too much going on. Too many people. Annoying.

"b) How easy was it for you to post a topic?"
It was easy, lol! No problemo! It was me asking if what I experienced was a lucid dream or OBE/projection.

"c) How did you feel afterwards?"
Umm, like a person...My wonderful topic only got one reply, but I got over it.

-Ater

goingslow

a.) I was very impressed
b.) easy
c.) I cried.

Lysear

I was looking for info on astral projection, I found it. I really liked the layout of the site, easy to use etc. lots of people eager to help who knew their stuff, lots of people willing to help who didnt know their stuff!

strwrs_guru

a)  i absoulutly fell in love with it. it was exactly what i was looking for. i had been to other sights and was severly disappointed.

b)   i had trouble at first but i caught on fairly quickly. but ther are still things i dont know how to do here.

c)   i liked the witty banter that goes back and forth. at first its hard getting put in your place by some teenager, but i have found that there are some extremely intelligent teens as well as adults here. i loved it and still do.[:)]
the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing in the face of it.

beavis

A)
fireprooflighter "It was a place were I wouldn't be called crazy."

Its was a place where they didnt care that I am crazy (by a normal persons definition).

B) easy
C) dont remember

KiLeigh

A). When I found this site I was pretty relieved because I had first been learning at a site with an extremely small amount of members and I was beginning to think we were all nuts.  Once I saw this site I felt much better because there were so many people that believed in this and it seems it's been around for awhile.

B). I havent yet, I'm not really a big talker, I usually keep to myself.

C). Can't really answer that can I?

cainam_nazier

quote:

I was listening to the Art Bell show and guess who was on....Well the site was plugged on the show so I thought I would check it out.

quote:

I find it really easy.  If I have some thing to say, well, worth saying for the most part.  If not then I don't say anything.  The fewer times I open my mouth the less likely my foot will get stuck in it.

quote:

Relieved.  For the most part posting some thing is like bareing you soul for the world.  I mean anybody can come here and read what you put up, there are no restrictions.  It is kinda freeing to say, "well here it is...Take it or leave it."

Rob

"Oh my God Donni's at it again!!" - one of the first posts around here was by Donni, a certified lunatic! It cracked me up.

Very

Cool - someone is replying with more interesting ideas!!
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Tippa

Ok

a) First impressions never last but at first... These people are nuts, it is all very different... and I find it interesting... and I still think some of you are nuts.
b) I don't like posting, it makes me feel uncomfortable most times... Insert
c) I just don't like posting... I prefer to ask individuals whom seem to know what they're talking about.  Someone with expierence.

Tippa

clandestino

hi goingslow !

hee hee....looking back, maybe I could've done better than "how did you feel afterwards?" for question c !!!

regards
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Lain

Well, first first time I ever came here, I dont think I looked at it too much.  I wasnt quite looking for forum topics ... I forget the topic I was writing for.  The first time I actually came here for the forums, I was reading through a few threads and was like "wow, these people are hella smart."  So I joined up.  It's like ... innate.

I honestly havent posted my own topic, only replied to other topics.  And that in itself is hard.  Ill usually feel fine with forums ... but with this particular forum, it's extremely different (my other forums are all gaming and design centered) and the people are so different.  So honestly, I havent felt too comfortable posting anything- both now and then.

"Regret?"  "Embarassment?"  Eh.  I feel dwarfed. :P Lol.  Eep.  No clue.  Now I mainly stick to reading posts.  Yay, enlighten myself.  Eh.

goingslow

hi clandestino.. glad you saw the humor in it and didnt take offense.  
[:)]

Nayru

I'm new here. So... Yeah. Here I go.. ^.^

a) What was your first impression when you came across this site?
Good. And very well built. The first thing I thought was something like 'Yay. Finally somewhere I can learn somewhat more about Astral Projection'. But I found it even better when I noticed the energymanipulation forum. ^.^"
What surprises me about this board is the friendlyness. I see a lot of bovine excrement (excuse my language), mainly about Chi, going around, but also a lot of oh-so-true things.. This combination is generally not possible on boards, that's the reason I registered. Happy that I finally found a board that doesn't constantly flame and have boardwars because of different beliefs. People are here to learn and take that chance with both hands. Wonderful. ^.^
b) How easy was it for you to post a topic?
Easy. Always. Why bother about a post? (Ok, that's the way I am. ^.^) I was mostly very curious to the general idea about energies here, as well on how people would react on me. And my name. (I had no inspiration. Just picked the first name that came up, and it happened to be a name from the Legend of Zelda games. ^.^) I expected a comment, question, I don't know, like usual, but that didn't happen (yet). ^.^
c) How did you feel afterwards?
No regrets of making it, that's for sure. As a matter of fact, I didn't really had the time to feel good or bad about the post; I was wondering and trying to figure out why I couldn't edit/delete/etc. my post, and why I was constantly logged off. But that's solved now. Thanks to a person (I forgat the name. I'm horrible at names) at the energymanipulationforum. Thanks again. ^.^

jilola

It is amazing how varied people's beliefs and ideas are on this board yet they manage to accommodate all and avoid the wars that frequent so many other sites.
That was one of the reasons I decided to sign up in the first place and the reason that's kept me around until now.
Perhaps we have something going for us here?

Naruy, you're welcome [;)]

2cents & L&L
jouni

Athios

a)
Found out about this place after reading AD. Didn't pay any special attention, since I didn't really like forums back then. After I started reading here regularly, I like how there are people from very different ages/background/experience. And they actually manage to get along...  [:P]

b)
I didn't post till a long while, mainly cos I didn't have anything to say or ask.
My first post was about deja vus.

c)
Felt somewhat anxious/restless the first few days since there weren't a lot of replies. Then eventually it ended up with a crapload of insightful responses.
I feel great.  [;)]

Nayru

quote:
Originally posted by jilola

It is amazing how varied people's beliefs and ideas are on this board yet they manage to accommodate all and avoid the wars that frequent so many other sites.
That was one of the reasons I decided to sign up in the first place and the reason that's kept me around until now.
Perhaps we have something going for us here?

Naruy, you're welcome [;)]

2cents & L&L
jouni

Lol. Thanks. ^.^

clandestino

Hello everyone !

I'm interested in the views of all members, whether you've posted once, or a 1000 times.

my answers ...

a) I'd read astral dynamics by R Bruce, got the website from the book I think. I was pretty amazed by the level of discussion going on here.

b) Easy. It was about a year ago I think...can't remember my 1st post, it was probably something like "hi, im new here"

c) Felt pretty good, got a couple of replies, haven't looked back since !
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries