News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Question about Meditation

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Hey guys, random question, does meditation require lowering your brain frequency? The reason I'm asking is because I want to use meditation to entrain positive thinking, but I like being able to say awake and focussed as-well.

Szaxx

Hi,
If you're wide awake in sugar rush mode, I'd say so. If you've just woke up after a nights sleep maybe not.
Research binaural frequencies and their meanings. That will answer your question based on your reference point.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

Quote from: Jdeadevil on November 11, 2012, 18:38:04
Hey guys, random question, does meditation require lowering your brain frequency? The reason I'm asking is because I want to use meditation to entrain positive thinking, but I like being able to say awake and focussed as-well.
Well, kinda yes...

For what you're looking to use meditation for, to help yourself with positive thinking... then yes, meditation will definitely assist with that goal.  The more you can quiet and focus your mind, the better you can use your thoughts in the manner which you're asking about. 

You don't need to worry about things like frequency though.  :)  Just meditate and place your Intent to do the things you wish to do... then let consciousness do the rest.  :)

Barnowl

For the most part, I agree with the replies...but you can also get different MP3's or CD's which will allow you to meditate at lower frequencies, like alpha, theta or delta...this will help re-programming your mind much more easier.

But, for the most part, any meditation to a degree will help with mental control :-)
Please 'Like Us' on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/YourSpiritualSuccess

Please 'Subscribe' on Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/doddy23

Xanth

Quote from: Barnowl on November 14, 2012, 17:57:58
For the most part, I agree with the replies...but you can also get different MP3's or CD's which will allow you to meditate at lower frequencies, like alpha, theta or delta...this will help re-programming your mind much more easier.

But, for the most part, any meditation to a degree will help with mental control :-)
Binaurals are kind of like a Treadmill.

For the treadmill to work, you still have to run... but it does make it much easier to run.
For binaural beats to work, you still have to meditate... but it does make it much easier to meditate (towards whatever goal you're intending).

AteBits

What Xanth said:
QuoteFor what you're looking to use meditation for, to help yourself with positive thinking... then yes, meditation will definitely assist with that goal.  The more you can quiet and focus your mind, the better you can use your thoughts in the manner which you're asking about. 
I can vote for this. An example is yesterday after a fight with my GF I meditated. Afterwards my frustration was blown away.

roman67

Xanth is absolutely right. We just need to concentrate and it will help you to achieve your goal.