News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Question for the Lurkers

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

Hi, I see we always have a rather high number of people lurking around on the forum. I know some of these are crawl bots and not real people. But some of you are very real indeed.  So my question is:

What would YOU like to talk about?
Or what would YOU like for the members here to talk about?

Of course we are always accepting new members so if you want to sign up just to answer this question that'd be perfectly okay. No one expects you to post anything you don't want to. Believe me, we understand how it is.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Erik

Hi Nameless,

English is not my primary language so excuse me for grammar faults.

I have been lurking on the forum now and then for a few years already.
This has to do with the wealth of information and references on the subject of OBE and phasing, like Frank Kepple's archive.
I got interested in OBE and phasing after a few personal experiences (especially in childhood) and reading the books of Robert Monroe.

To answer your questions:
For me it's kind of hard to talk about these subjects on a forum because:
- My experiences on OBE and phasing are too fuzzy and I doubt about the value of the experiences to share with forum members.
  I only have some 'clear' results with lucid dreaming.
- As some people here and on other boards stated, it's about personal experience and there's a risk to get certain expectations how something should be, what may hamper someone's experience.

Hope you have some information why I stay silent but are very interested on the subjects.

Kind regards,

Erik

Nameless

Hi Erik,

Thank you so much for that response. I can be very difficult to talk about our experiences. It can be strange talking or trying to talk about something that just doesn't seem real or valid sometimes even to ourselves let alone to others. We have all experienced that here and know how you feel.

Most of us just take it on faith that we know what we know and experienced whatever it was we went through so don't doubt others' accounts. Often it is very hard to put into words these things but we keep trying.

Many of us have found that writing about our experiences help us clarify them and helps us grow with our practice. You certainly don't have to post here anything if you don't want, you can just keep a small journal for yourself. But if you want to share feel free.

Thank you Erik for popping in with that.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Pelican

Hi Nameless,

I guess I'm mostly a lurker as well, although I have posted before.
I'm not progressing a lot with my AP practice (due to lack of practice), but I also don't have any real questions to ask, so I'm not posting a lot right now.
When I finally get myself into some kind of practice schedule that might change and I'll either have progress to report or questions to ask.
In that case, this forum would be the first group I'd visit, because I think it's the place where I would get the most valuable answers.

I'm checking the forum for new posts almost daily, I must admit, just to see if anything interesting pops up.
But yeah, essentially I'm saying I don't have anything to talk about right now, nor do I expect anything specific from this forum.

Nameless

Hey Pelican,

I've seen your posts and they are a welcome addition. Well done. I get the lurking, I lurked a long time myself before  finally joining in. Chime in whenever you want, no push. It's good to know what others are thinking. This site is a wealth of information and some very mature people who will take you seriously and just listen or lend a hand where ever they can as we all have something a bit different to add.

Volgerle

Quote from: Erik on August 20, 2019, 20:05:48
Hi Nameless,

English is not my primary language so excuse me for grammar faults.

I have been lurking on the forum now and then for a few years already.
This has to do with the wealth of information and references on the subject of OBE and phasing, like Frank Kepple's archive.
I got interested in OBE and phasing after a few personal experiences (especially in childhood) and reading the books of Robert Monroe.

To answer your questions:
For me it's kind of hard to talk about these subjects on a forum because:
- My experiences on OBE and phasing are too fuzzy and I doubt about the value of the experiences to share with forum members.
  I only have some 'clear' results with lucid dreaming.
- As some people here and on other boards stated, it's about personal experience and there's a risk to get certain expectations how something should be, what may hamper someone's experience.

Hope you have some information why I stay silent but are very interested on the subjects.

Kind regards,

Erik

There is actually no "should be" as you say. Our experiences are all different and each has the same value. Comparing them can be fun and sometimes even lead to insights, but your experiences are you own and no one can take them from you or re-interpret them. And fuzziness is a lot of what even experienced projectors/dreamers get, too. Sometimes (at least for me) the fun is in making sense of the fuzzy stuff (even more than about the clearer memories), such as dream symbol interpretations.

Erik

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your posts.
I second Pelican that this would be the first forum I post questions and journals.

Quote from: Volgerle on August 21, 2019, 15:00:55
There is actually no "should be" as you say. Our experiences are all different and each has the same value. Comparing them can be fun and sometimes even lead to insights, but your experiences are you own and no one can take them from you or re-interpret them. And fuzziness is a lot of what even experienced projectors/dreamers get, too. Sometimes (at least for me) the fun is in making sense of the fuzzy stuff (even more than about the clearer memories), such as dream symbol interpretations.

When thinking about it I think you are right.
General belief systems and media are probably a greater influence than fellow projectors/dreamers.

Years ago when people talked about an astral world I expected angelic, floating, transparent beings with a stern voice.
Until I had a not lucid but very strong and clear dream where somebody told me that I watch too much silly movies!
This dream was a milestone, it took away a lot of fear and certain expectations.
Mostly I meet normal everyday, joking and nagging people in dreams, never have seen something transparent.

But maybe someone else get this kind of angels and shouldn't expect normal people, that makes it a difficult subject.

Regards Erik

desert-rat

When I first read the title of this post my thoughts were of people that would go out of body to lurk around . A peeping Tom on the astral plane .

Nameless

Quote from: desert-rat on August 22, 2019, 14:09:03
When I first read the title of this post my thoughts were of people that would go out of body to lurk around . A peeping Tom on the astral plane .
LOL -welllll

desert-rat

My comment was from some thing in one of Robert Monroes books .  While out of body , but still on the earth pane , Monroe was with a being that never been human .  They were in a house where 2 people were having sex . The being asked Monroe what they were doing . Monroe said they were making copies of them selvs . 

elMago

First, I would like to thank the divine for manifesting this great community. I have spent over 6 hours between two days reading as much as I can. One thing to say is that I am very new at this. I have been practicing for a little over 2 months and I have already had 7 O.B.Es but only the first two where long and, for lack of a better word, amazing. The other ones where really short. I snapped back into my body after minutes of being out. I posted on the hot line to see if i could get any help in why I feel a bit stuck.

I want to contribute and be as active as I can on this forum. I think is extremely useful and necessary to us noobs on this subject. I do, however, wish there was a post explaining the acronyms and general obe talk. I get a bit lost sometimes. For example, what does NP stand for? (i told you i was a noob  :-D )

I would also like to have information on book reviews and other obe materials. Like  Dr Steve Jones. Is it worth the money? what do people think about it? etc. Maybe a sticky on resources like this.

Finally, I have been working with a hypnotherapist to induce obe with hypnosis. I have some really interesting stories and I am not clear as to where to initiate a discussion around that subject.

Once more, thank you all for all the treasure trove of information on the subject. It is invaluable for beginners like myself .

T-Man

elMago,

There is a short thread here called abbreviations that discusses some terms used on the forum. 
NP is Non Physical.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_the_astral_faq/abbreviations-t21240.0.html

Hope this helps and welcome to the Pulse!
The Adventure Continues...